Kentucky coaching situation

I expect the same but at this point I am beginning to wonder who is left on their list

Donovan is still a target, but he doesn't want to think about it til the end of the season. The timing is just bad. Not really sure who's legitimately a candidate after him though. Hurley and Drew were the top 2 targets by far.

It's bad enough that us Tennesseans have to deal with Kentucky blue license plates,do we have to care and listen to whom Kytucky wants to have as BB coach on the Volnation?Methinks,I don't give a damn.Go Vols!

Last edited:
Donovan is still a target, but he doesn't want to think about it til the end of the season. The timing is just bad. Not really sure who's legitimately a candidate after him though. Hurley and Drew were the top 2 targets by far.
It’s time to come full circle

72594829007-sportsbkcstjohnspitinoget.jpg

Maybe you can go through a few more targets and get back to Donovan after the season when you’re still looking

Saban turned down Alabama...
This is the response every time someone turns down a job. As if, because Nick Saban did a thing back in 2006, everyone else is doing it.

Who else has publicly turned down a job and then taken it? Has anyone done so in the 17 years since Saban did?

It was a one off, unique to Nick Saban.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
A lot of Kentucky fans are convinced that Pearl would take the job and would be a good fit. He might.

A few Kentucky fans mention going young with "Golden"--whom I presume is Florida coach Todd Golden. I have no
idea what they think he'd bring to the program besides his youth. Maybe he's a good coach, I don't know.

Kentucky is a high expectations job--and that makes it a risky job, especially for coaches who are making good money now
and in comfortable situations. Yea, you could get a nice salary bump taking the Kentucky job--but if expectations are not met you could be
out on your ear three years later and looking for work at smaller programs.

Reactions: orchidvol
Wonder if Tubby is still available 😂

As bad as the portal sux, the Kentucky abortion of a coaching search is joyous

Reactions: walkenvol
I don’t know who’s going to be their next coach, but i hope their list of candidates keeps having to get longer.

Reactions: HeadVol77
Barney hasn't hired a basketball coach since he signed Billy Gillespie to a memorandum of understanding, after that fiasco the task was abdicated to the K Fund trustees, with Ticket Mitch much like Handsome Dave Hart on the Barnes hire, just sign here fella,

Kentucky and Tennessee have a mutual dislike for each other, the ultimate slap in the face would be for UK to hire Bruce Pearl. Bruce would be awesome there.
I know this is a popular theory (especially from TN fans), but from UK's perspective, they were ready to pay $34 million to run off a guy who had won 14 NCAAT games but only been to one F4 in the last 10 years.

Why would they then want to replace him with a guy who's won 7 NCAAT games and been to only one F4 in the last 10 years?

VN Store

Back