Kentucky beats Florida

Sorry if I lumped you in with the train wreck of fans that expected to win 8-9 games and fell apart over the WV loss.. I guess I'm to literal at times and get hung up on certain terminology..

For instance, I wouldn't call a season "awful" if we show progress and get better.. Even if it's little by little and doesn't translate into the number of wins some (not necessarily you) think is necessary to call it a successful season..
Its all good man, yeah lots of fans have crazy expectations. But thats fine too.
For this year, ive thought all along if we go 6-6 and make the Bham bowl, ill be happy overall. I expect 5-7, 4-8 and have from the start.
I say awful in terms of what i think Tennessee football should be in my mind, meaning we should never go into a season hoping or wondering if we will make a bowl. 6 loses should be our absolute bottom, unless we are winning pretty well for several years and just have a fluke 5-7 season once every 15-20 years.

It will be interesting to see what UF team shows up. Let's be honest UK was getting pretty consistent pressure. Something we have not been able to do. UK really dominated UF all night and couldn't put them away with a couple of costly turnovers. I would like to see them struggle this week with CO ST and us dominate again with UTEP and go in with some confidence. I always hate this game because UF straight up owns us.

read every page of the thread.....no insight from you guys

You must have read the wrong thread.

LG and I were posting throughout the game here.

No illusions about what we have. UF has no guaranteed wins on the schedule outside of Idaho one November.

pot head who completed rehab and even stayed in rehab an extra week by coaches request?

Yes, then he showed his ass and showed up the coach in front of the team post-game, after going through rehab...something the four tailbacks in front of him on the depth chart didn’t do.

Reactions: McCat
Yes, then he showed his ass and showed up the coach in front of the team post-game, after going through rehab...something the four tailbacks in front of him on the depth chart didn’t do.
Is Franks on borrowed time or is there just as many questions behind him?

He looks the part until the ball is snapped.

Is Franks on borrowed time or is there just as many questions behind him?

He looks the part until the ball is snapped.
Behind Franks is another underwhelming option (Trask) then a true freshman (Jones). Perhaps LW can clarify but I think Trask is/was dealing with an injury too. If Franks continues to play as poorly as he did during the Kentucky game I could see Jones getting a shot.

Franks reminds me a lot of Jeremy Johnson at Auburn. Hyped up (although Johnson was hyped more), superstars in practice, "looks the part" (height, arm, etc.), but when the lights come on they stare into them like a deer. It's like that analogy lawyers use...it's one thing to make straight As in law school. It's another to get in front of a judge and jury and argue. There are whip-smart people who excel at the former but not the latter.

Let’s just say Franks doesn’t have the highest football IQ.

Trask is battling injuries and hasn’t started a football game since middle school.

Jones is the future, so why wait? This season is shot already.

Let’s just say Franks doesn’t have the highest football IQ.

Trask is battling injuries and hasn’t started a football game since middle school.

Jones is the future, so why wait? This season is shot already.

Not yet. Lose to both UT and KY in the same season, then yeah...you're season is shot. Mail it in if that happens.

VN Store

Back