Kahlil McKenzie already has NFL-ready body

I remember during his recruitment someone here said we should temper back a little because he needed to be in our strength program for a while until he's ready...I laughed...I had just read an article saying he may be "too muscle-bound" and need to tweak his workouts a little to make sure he stays loose and flexible...Yeah I don't think our weight program, as good as it is, is going to make him much stronger, faster, bigger than he already is....Probably would have a hard time hitting a golf ball...with all that bulk...We just hope he can stay healthy...

If I am not mistaken the strength staff back in the 90's had to make Jammal Lewis stop lifting so much because he was gaining so much muscle. I could be mistaken though.

Reactions: 1 person
Few Fr are ready to play at DT when they arrive. McKenzie appears to be physically ready to play... and to play well.

Few Fr are ready to play at DT when they arrive. McKenzie appears to be physically ready to play... and to play well.

Yep. He's a freak. I wouldn't be surprised if he's on O'Brien's level or better by the season opener. His ceiling is much higher.

Yeah, but is he in UT shape.... I think not, after our Strength coach gets a hold of him he will loose 30-40 lbs and replace it with 20lbs of muscle, but KM will be a MONSTER with a TANK as his mechanism....teams are going to have tough time running up the middle...good luck ARKY.

Is this sarcasm? Please say this is sarcasm. He has been training with his father at the Raiders' facilities. He may be the most physically prepared true freshman lineman we've ever had.

Reactions: 8 people
KMAC is gonna have to be ready by the Arky game. Arky is gonna want to bulldoze us and our d-line has to have a big night

Kahlil_gif1.gif

This is called "WALKING THE DOG"!

If the other kid is seriously planning on playing CFB then that is plain embarrassing.

I hope he lives up to they hype and has a great career at UT!

If the other kid is seriously planning on playing CFB then that is plain embarrassing.

This was supposedly Bammers #1 offensive lineman they recruited and signed.

I'm pretty sure that's a UA event of some top prospects from last summer.

The guy getting made to look pathetic by KMac is the number 1 OL recruit for alaBummer.

LMAO!

BEWARE...The Big Orange bonecrunchers are coming!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 3 people

To be fair, not many can / could withstand that bull rush.

When I played anytime a player got beat like that a coach would say, "did you pay him for the ride?"

One thing is for sure, There will be no doubleteam on Barnett or BigMak.

This.....sends chills down my spine waiting for the season to get here. With KM and ST in the middle, those two could end up with the NCAA single season sack record.
:rock:

I'm pretty sure that's a UA event of some top prospects from last summer.

The guy getting made to look pathetic by KMac is the number 1 OL recruit for alaBummer.

LMAO!

BEWARE...The Big Orange bonecrunchers are coming!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!
Just take a look at the kid's legs KMac was going up against. He is no slouch, shows a lot of weight work, but as you and everybody can plainly see he had never been up against what KMac is. In watching some of the Youtube videos and such on KMac, he usually runs his drills where he has hands on the QB dummy in less than 3 seconds. It is going to be a howl when it's 3rd down and we really need a stop to watch our DC just let him go. A snot bubble blowing mad as hell comin' fo yo donkey KMac will be fun to behold. I suspect he'll be making highlight reels for some time.

This.....sends chills down my spine waiting for the season to get here. With KM and ST in the middle, those two could end up with the NCAA single season sack record.
:rock:

Highly unlikely for two defensive tackles to get a record like that, let alone 2 rue freshmen, but they'll be great at stuffing the run.

Hopefully Shy overtakes O'Brien as starter. Haven't seen enough from Danny O to think he is an every down starter.

Highly unlikely for two defensive tackles to get a record like that, let alone 2 rue freshmen, but they'll be great at stuffing the run.

Hopefully Shy overtakes O'Brien as starter. Haven't seen enough from Danny O to think he is an every down starter.

I'm pretty sure than Ravens meant that Maggitt and Barnett will be pushing for SEC records with the presence of those two on the inside of the line, eating up blockers and getting some penetration of their own.

Hopefully he goes up against that same bammer offensive lineman for the next 4 years.
When you get whooped that bad, it's hard to ever get over it. I suspect he'll have a sore knee or bum neck if he ever has to play against KMac. Please keep in mind KMac is only going to get better and better.

I know you know that we'll need multiple guys to contribute at DT. As for starters, Danny O and O Williams have been there, done that ... so, let the best man win.

Dude is certainly physically ready for college ball. I fully expect him to get lots of playing time from game one on. I wouldn't be surprised if he's starting after a few games either. I just think he's probably already better than any one on the team currently playing his position. We know he has better size than any of them, and we know he's just as strong, if not stronger too. It's all up to how fast he can get over the learning curve. I bet it won't take long. Even if he don't fully understand everything, if you put him in the game and just tell him to go, he will make big plays for us.

I can't wait to watch him grow as a Vol. And, the idea of him "growing" is downright scary.

I'm pretty sure than Ravens meant that Maggitt and Barnett will be pushing for SEC records with the presence of those two on the inside of the line, eating up blockers and getting some penetration of their own.

Yes and thank you. GBO!

If they move Big Charles Mosley to the O-Line and he's healthy I would love to see him and KMac face off! 700 pounds of awesome!

Reactions: 2 people
If they move Big Charles Mosley to the O-Line and he's healthy I would love to see him and KMac face off! 700 pounds of awesome!

Apples vs oranges here.

Mosley came in as a 370 lb project with a great sense of humor who promptly catches a bad break and misses out on much needed physical training in his RS season.

KMac arrives as a 350 lb 5* NFL ready DT who will start the day he steps on campus.

At this point KMac would destroy Mosley.

VN Store

Back