Kahlil declares for draft

1-techniques don't get judged by sacks or tackles. They take on double teams and plug up gaps in the running game. Kahlil did that very well. Even if his father wasn't a GM, he would get drafted.

I think you guys will be surprised by how high his stock is with NFL people.

I focused on watching Kahlil a lot these last 2 years and he's been really good as a 1-technique. He never gets moved back. Does a great job taking on double teams. And plugged his holes very well.

KMac was a lot better than you guys give him credit for.

The got pushed back very easy.. teams ran right over and through him

Reactions: 3 people
I would think he is getting good information considering who is father is.

But to me he is not ready. Tennessee's defense was awful last year. You would think he would come back with the new coaching staff and see if he could have a big year.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe Butch will wash off at the next level, seems to work for a lot of VFL's. He never lived up to his 5* rating no doubt.

Reactions: 1 person
That stings, I had hopes for him being part of our front 7 next year.

Crosby,Lawless,or Alexis Johnson better step it up.

Tennessee was dead last in the SEC defensively in yards per rushing attempt at 5.43.

You don't finish dead last in rushing yards per attempt with a nose tackle who is getting it done.

No, it's not a big loss.

There were others more at fault for the poor rushing numbers than Kahlil. I actually focused on just him a bunch this year when we were on defense and he did his job. He was always standing his ground. Took on double teams well. And even got some good bull rushes in from the interior.

He was good. The bad rushing stats were largely a sign of fatigue in the second half of games after our offense couldn't stay on the field.

Even Ndamakong Suh gets tired if he's always on the field.

Reactions: 4 people
1-techniques don't get judged by sacks or tackles. They take on double teams and plug up gaps in the running game. Kahlil did that very well. Even if his father wasn't a GM, he would get drafted.

I focused on watching Kahlil a lot these last 2 years and he's been really good as a 1-technique. He never gets moved back. Does a great job taking on double teams. And plugged his holes very well.

Agreed, was better than given credit. Never dominate, but when you can run off tackle and never have the edge set, or LBs to get inside out, plugging the middle doesn't help much.

I think in this case you are going to want everyone else to be correct here.

If you are right and KMac was getting it done and commanding double teams, it says the rest of your front seven is as useless as air brakes on a pregnant turtle.

Reactions: 8 people

You have a delusional view on many of our players. I’m not sure if you say the stuff you say because your looking for a rise, or because your IQ is truly that low. It’s not a good look either way. You can’t argue with any of the stats these people have posted. I get that the nfl looks for big men to clog gaps, but given our rush yards per attempt, he can’t even do that. The nfl likes players that can clog gaps, and make plays. Mack does neither. He will be sitting the bench somewhere. I’d bet money on that.

Reactions: 8 people
Such a dumb decision. His only chance of getting drafted is by daddy doing it @ the Raiders. He was such a bust for a supposed 5* recruit. Got manhandled constantly, especially in short yardage situations. He needed his senior season badly to have any real shot at the NFL. Oh well. Not a loss for us. I don’t know if it’s Butch talking nonsense into these kids as a snake in the grass or what, but Kelly would’ve increased his stock by being in Pruitt’s pro-style offense. Gaulden would’ve flourished in his secondary and probably had 5 sacks next year. McKenzie just needed to come back because he hasn’t been very good.

Stupid. I wish these guys would stop listening to people, most of the times these early declarations for our guys don't turn out well.

3rd or 4th best player on the worst D imaginable.

Yeah, that is not NFL early draft material.

The other 3 are first to second round pick caliber players. So no it's not a bad thing to be behind those guys.

The poor defensive numbers were related to coaching and lack of depth. Coaching because Butch Jones is an idiot. And lack of depth because our offense was lousy so it kept our defense on the field all game which resulted in tired players trying to make tackles. We also suffered from lots of injuries which hurt us with depth even more.

That’s my thought. Supposedly he was a bit lazy.

I had a bad feeling when he showed overweight up for fall camp after a year off in HS. Had high hopes for him being elite. Not a bad year this year. But, I really hoped the new staff could help him really shine his last season.

There were others more at fault for the poor rushing numbers than Kahlil. I actually focused on just him a bunch this year when we were on defense and he did his job. He was always standing his ground. Took on double teams well. And even got some good bull rushes in from the interior.

He was good. The bad rushing stats were largely a sign of fatigue in the second half of games after our offense couldn't stay on the field.

Dumb. McKenzie got bulldozed several times per game. He even got it in the out of conference games.

Reactions: 6 people

If you focused on him you saw him get dominated, pancaked and pushed around. He did good some as well but if you didn’t see him get schooled you are blind..

Reactions: 7 people
He got pushed around a lot!

Not that I saw. And I watched the defensive line frequently.

KMac always stood his ground against the run. And on passing downs got some decent pass rush up the middle on bull rushes.

KMac will be drafted higher than you guys think.

5.43 yards per rushing attempt allowed is the 2nd worst average by an SEC team in the last 10 years. Only 2016 Arkansas (5.91) gave up more yards per rushing attempt in the last ten years by an SEC team

No other SEC team in the last ten years allowed 3,000+ rushing yards in a season

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Like most from this class, McKenzie is a lot better than his stats suggest and was mismanaged by the previous staff of morons. He'll go higher than Gaulden or Kelly.

Not that I saw. And I watched the defensive line frequently.

KMac always stood his ground against the run. And on passing downs got some decent pass rush up the middle on bull rushes.

KMac will be drafted higher than you guys think.

That'll be true if he gets drafted at all.

The got pushed back very easy.. teams ran right over and through him

Please direct me to this tape. Because I didn't see that at all. In most of the games, we were stout defensively in the first half. And we only got gashed later in the game after the offense couldn't move the ball and our guys got gassed.

I was actually impressed by KMac's endurance this year. He played a ton of snaps and didn't get as tired as I thought he would.

VN Store

Back