Jurassic World (June 12, 2015)

Eh, it's established canon through the series that Raptors are very intelligent...actual "problem solving" ability. For them to turn out to be capable of domestication seems plausible with that canon. People are going to want Raptors in a JP movie...at least this would be a different take. Remains to be seen how well it actually works.

Not only that, but the dinosaurs in JP are genetically engineered. Who's to say what behavior modifications could be possible through genetic manipulation.

Not only that, but the dinosaurs in JP are genetically engineered. Who's to say what behavior modifications could be possible through genetic manipulation.

True, once one starts down that road you've almost got a carte blanche situation. I think the risk would be that's almost too convenient a trope and people wouldn't respond well.

True, once one starts down that road you've almost got a carte blanche situation. I think the risk would be that's almost too convenient a trope and people wouldn't respond well.

Michael Crichton is dead and the application of Chaos Theory from book the original JP is based on is going to be watered down even further for mass market consumption. I don't think people will really care, all they will see is Chris Pratt channeling his inner Jax Teller with a bunch of velociraptors in order to take down a super-dinosaur.

Eh, it's established canon through the series that Raptors are very intelligent...actual "problem solving" ability. For them to turn out to be capable of domestication seems plausible with that canon. People are going to want Raptors in a JP movie...at least this would be a different take. Remains to be seen how well it actually works.

“Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that’s how it always starts. Then later there’s running and and screaming.” :biggrin:

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, going to be interesting to see how they get that whole "trained velociraptor" thing written into the movie.

You can train a tiger, but that thing will still eat you alive if it takes a notion.

Yeah, going to be interesting to see how they get that whole "trained velociraptor" thing written into the movie.

You can train a tiger, but that thing will still eat you alive if it takes a notion.

I predict domesticated velociraptors would take all the heat off the pit bulls though.

Reactions: 2 people
A pile of slop

Hollywood can't even reboot stuff properly without recreating things shot for shot. "Oh we don't need to make new storyboards guys....let's just use these old ones."

Attachments

• 9ae7e66e5611a8d14a4c7485c6885fff.jpg
    9ae7e66e5611a8d14a4c7485c6885fff.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I predict domesticated velociraptors would take all the heat off the pit bulls though.

tumwc.gif

Nice.

A pile of slop

Hollywood can't even reboot stuff properly without recreating things shot for shot. "Oh we don't need to make new storyboards guys....let's just use these old ones."

This isn't a complete reboot this film from what I have gathered is happening in the same timeline as the originals just 30 or so years later.

Reactions: 1 person
Masrani Global - Masrani Security Initiative
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ryzm9PTxzc[/youtube]

this looks awesome, but like the first one it will require massive amounts of disbelief suspension.

I mean if you can get past the fact that they've recreated dinosaurs, the 2nd and 3rd ones were the most believable.

Three new promotional park attraction images for Jurassic World have surfaced online revealing the park's Aviary, Botanical Gardens, and Petting Zoo!

The Avaiary
The Aviary allows park guests to witness and admire Jurassic World's Pterosaurs,
11071080_1645921395627429_7126810004720435227_n.jpg

The Botanical Gardens
Offers visitors the chance to browse indigenous plantlife and relax after a long day touring Jurassic World's other, more high-octane attractions.
1610900_1645890635630505_3322416677713930071_n.jpg

The Gentle Giants Petting Zoo.
A peaceful setting where visitors can interact with the islands various inhabitants.
1507141_902270709817441_8043744961434216639_n.jpg

Jurassic World - Official Global Trailer (HD)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJJrkyHas78[/youtube]

I'm just waiting to till they adapt the old video game "Dino Crisis' into a movie......fingers been crossed for about 15 years now.

I guess he (Pratt) is going to release the Raptors to attack the dinosaur. The raptors will all probably have names, and the audience is expected to develop an emotional attachment to the pack of raptors.

I'm calling it now.

VN Store

Back