Jurassic World (June 12, 2015)

That was a prevailing rumor for a long time. That the dinosaurs would either evolve or be bred with an artificial intelligence that would allow them to speak. Usually where there's smoke...

Spielberg himself said he wanted to throw a different kind of twist into it.

Spielberg directed the 2nd one. I know I'm in the minority in thinking this, but I thought it was the worst of the three. If only they had based it on the book.

I'm thinking this one is gonna be pretty bad too, especially if the awful rumors are true about Spielberg wanting the dinosaurs to talk.

Dinosaurs already talked, but that was Jim Henson not Spielberg.
Dinosaurs.jpg

There won't be talking dinosaurs in any JP movie.

Reactions: 1 person
Out of all the JP cast people wanted back no one expected this guy! LOL!

One Character From JURASSIC PARK Will Return for JURASSIC WORLD

One Character From JURASSIC PARK Will Return for JURASSIC WORLD

There's still a lot that we don't know about director Colin Trevorrow's Jurassic World. However, he did sit down with IGN for an interview to talk about certain aspects of the movie. In the process he revealed the one character from the original Jurassic Park movie that will be back for the new film. Why don't we start off with that,

"I know a lot of fans want to see the original characters back. They’re iconic. But I respect those actors too much to shoehorn them into this story for my own sentimental reasons. Jurassic Park isn’t about the bad luck of three people who keep getting thrown into the same situation. The only reason they’d go back to that island is if the screenwriters contrived a reason for them to go. But there is a character from the first film who makes sense in our world. This hasn’t been announced yet, but BD Wong will be returning as Dr. Henry Wu. He had a much larger role in the original novel, he was the engineer of this breakthrough in de-extinction. He spent two decades living in Hammond’s shadow, underappreciated. We think there’s more to his story."

He may not be the character you'd like to see brought back into the story. I definitely wasn't expecting it, but story wise it does make sense to bring him in. The director goes on to talk about the character Chris Pratt plays in the movie,

"He’s a classic hero in a very modern context. He’s the guy who will get you through the jungle alive – but like Malcolm, Grant and Sattler, he’s an expert in a scientific field that’s connected to our story. The character allows us to explore some new ideas about our relationship with these animals, without losing the humor and sense of adventure. He’s a great contrast for Bryce Dallas Howard’s character, who starts off very corporate, very controlled. Until the running and screaming starts. Then they need each other."

I have no doubt that Pratt is going to be great in this role. It sounds like he's going to play a really fun character. When asked how this movie would be different from the previous ones the director said,

"I’m not on a mission to separate this film from the ones that came before. That will happen naturally – I have different instincts. But, like a lot of people my age, I grew up on Amblin movies. They’re a part of who I am as a filmmaker, and arguably as a person. This film will have a lot of new ideas in it, but I think the spirit will be familiar. It will have an old soul."

I'm really excited for Jurassic World! After the third Jurassic Park movie, I never thought that we would see another one, so I'm very happy that we get to go back to this world. It is set to be released in June of 2015.

If this is legit I like it!!

Jurassic World Concept Art Appears Online

Jurassic World Concept Art Appears Online

Welcome to the new Jurassic Park. Concept art for upcoming sequel Jurassic World has appeared online, giving us a glimpse at the new look, fully-operational dinosaur theme park.

Colin Trevorrow's fourquel will at last give fans a look at what Jurassic Park may have looked like if those pesky dinos hadn't run amok in Steven Spielberg's 21-year-old classic.

The images come from the online portfolio of Nathan Schroeder, an artist whose recent work includes Avengers Assemble, Star Trek and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

Despite early rumours Jurassic World won't be a straight reboot for the series, but with it being 13 years since the last film it will aim to breathe new life into the franchise.

Set on Isla Nublar (the site of the first film's action) the new look resort doesn't look far removed from the decadence of Qatar's most well-off hotels. The clean white look of modern technology will make a stark contrast to the rampaging dinosaurs when they inevitably break free of their fences.

Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas-Howard will star, alongside Jake Johnson, Omar Sy, Ty Simpkins and BD Wong, who returns as Dr. Henry Wu, a scientist from the first film.

Rumours had been rife that British actor Idris Elba might join the cast, so I asked Trevorrow about it over Twitter this weekend, prompting a quite funny denial.

Jurassic World will be released on 12 June 2015.

jurassic-world-20140324-113028-452.jpg

First look Jurassic World concept art is stunning

Want to come with me on a virtual journey to Jurassic World? The first official concept art for the dino adventure has made its way online and it's quite spectacular.

The images show a futuristic visitors center on the island of Kauai - which doubles as Isla Nubla - and comes courtesy of concept artist Nathan Schroeder, whose credits include The Avengers and Star Trek.

jw2-first-look-jurassic-world-concept-art-is-stunning.jpeg

First Photos from the set!!

The first official photos from the set of director Colin Trevorrow's Jurassic World are here! Check them out below, courtesy of EW.

Written by Trevorrow and Derek Connolly, Jurassic World offers a new sci-fi terror adventure set 22 years after the horrific events of the original Jurassic Park.

Starring Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Ty Simpkins, Jake Johnson, Nick Robinson, Irrfan Khan, Vincent D'Onofrio, BD Wong, Omar Sy, Judy Greer, Katie McGrath and Lauren Lapkus, Jurassic World hits the big screen on June 12, 2015.

JW3.jpg

JW2.jpg

JW1.jpg

The concept art looks horrible to me, too over the top. I hope it's not like that.

Love that they are back filming on Oahu at Kualoa Ranch.

'Up' and 'Star Trek' Composer to Score 'Jurassic World'

'Up' and 'Star Trek' Composer to Score 'Jurassic World'

Michael Giacchino, the composer known for his work for Pixar and filmmaker J.J. Abrams, has now set his sights on dinosaurs.

Giacchino has signed on to score Jurassic World, Universal’s latest installment in the Jurassic Park movie series.

Giacchino won an Oscar for scoring Pixar’s Up. His other work for the animation powerhouse includes The Incredibles, Ratatouille and Cars 2. His collaboration with Abrams has yielded the scores for Mission Impossible III, Star Trek, Super 8 and Star Trek Into Darkness, as well as shows such as Lost, Alias and Fringe.

Other credits range from Speed Racer to The Family Stone to Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol.

This year’s offerings that feature the prolific composer's work include Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, This Is Where I Leave You and Andy and Lana Wachowski’s Jupiter Ascending.

Giacchino is a fan of dinosaur flicks and made stop-motion movies featuring the creatures when he was nine. And he has a connection to the Jurassic franchise, as his very first composing job was, as he stated in today’s announcement, to “write the score for the Steven Spielberg-produced video game based on the film The Lost World, which was one of the earliest console video games to feature an original orchestral score.”

Working on the movie “is an incredible opportunity to bring full circle the journey of dinosaurs and film that started in my backyard over 30 years ago.”

Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow, who previously helmed Safety Not Guaranteed, said, “While this new score will honor the indelible work of John Williams, our mission is the same as the film itself — to create something bold and new for people who love dinosaurs.”

Trevorrow wrote the screenplay with Derek Connolly. Spielberg is exec producing while Frank Marshall and Pat Crowley are producing.

The movie will be released in June 2015 in 3D.

Jurassic World Isla Nublar Ferry Spotted!

Jurassic World Isla Nublar Ferry Spotted!

Our friend at Reel Tours Hawaii managed to snap a few photos of a ferry being used for the production of Jurassic World. The print on the side of the Ferry clearly says "Isla Nublar", and not only that, the photos of the ship were taken before Universal covered up the logos and writing - exposing what the new Jurassic World emblem will look like on vehicles.

10308326_740882362622944_6999114294951188621_n.jpg

10268404_740882375956276_2699397162050363650_n.jpg

SPOILERS AHEAD!!

YOU ARE WARNED!

Director Colin Trevorrow Reveals Major Jurassic World Plot Details

Director Colin Trevorrow Reveals Major Jurassic World Plot Details

With production well underway on the much anticipated Jurassic World, director Colin Trevorrow spoke today with /Film in an effort to set straight some rumors about the film that have popped on online. Read on for details regarding the June 12, 2015 release!

Please be aware, some spoilers follow:

"'Jurassic World' takes place in a fully functional park on Isla Nublar," Trevorrow confirms. "It sees more than 20,000 visitors every day. You arrive by ferry from Costa Rica. It has elements of a biological preserve, a safari, a zoo, and a theme park. There is a luxury resort with hotels, restaurants, nightlife and a golf course. And there are dinosaurs. Real ones. You can get closer to them than you ever imagined possible. It’s the realization of John Hammond’s dream, and I think you’ll want to go there."

Trevorrow goes on to reiterate that the story takes place 22 years after the events of Jurassic Park and explains that the script came about while trying to incorporate two important themes: economic greed and mankind's relationship with modern technology.

"[O]ur relationship with technology has become so woven into our daily lives," he explains. "We’ve become numb to the scientific miracles around us. We take so much for granted… What if, despite previous disasters, they built a new biological preserve where you could see dinosaurs walk the earth…and what if people were already kind of over it? We imagined a teenager texting his girlfriend with his back to a T-Rex behind protective glass. For us, that image captured the way much of the audience feels about the movies themselves. 'We’ve seen CG dinosaurs. What else you got?' Next year, you’ll see our answer."

Trevorrow goes on to correct a recent internet rumor that suggested that we'll see "good" dinosaurs in Jurassic World.

"There’s no such thing as good or bad dinosaurs," he says. "There are predators and prey. The T-Rex in Jurassic Park took human lives, and saved them. No one interpreted her as good or bad. This film is about our relationship with animals, how we react to the threat they pose to our dominance on earth as a species. We hunt them, we cage them in zoos, we admire them from afar and we try to assert control over them. Chris Pratt’s character is doing behavioral research on the raptors. They aren’t trained, they can’t do tricks. He’s just trying to figure out the limits of the relationship between these highly intelligent creatures and human beings."

He also confirms that the film will feature a brand new species.

"[T]here will be one new dinosaur created by the park’s geneticists," he says. "The gaps in her sequence were filled with DNA from other species, much like the genome in the first film was completed with frog DNA. This creation exists to fulfill a corporate mandate—they want something bigger, louder, with more teeth. And that’s what they get."

For more from Trevorrow, head over to to read to full interview!

Bump for teaser trailer to be released soon. And speculation for the plot is that some new genetically created dinosaur breaks loose and creates havoc on the park resort. So that means that the T-Rex and Raptors won't be the antagonists.

Teaser Trailer Released!
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvu-zlR5A8Q[/youtube]

First Trailer will be released Thursday night during Thursday Night Football on NBC!!

I am pumped. This one has got to be better than jp3.

I actually liked 3 better than 2. The 2nd one was great up until the T-rex got to the mainland. I lost a lot of respect for the film at that point.

I still wish they would have rebooted the franchise and follow the book a little more closely. The first film is fantastic but the original Crichton book is phenomenal. IMO

I actually liked 3 better than 2. The 2nd one was great up until the T-rex got to the mainland. I lost a lot of respect for the film at that point.

I still wish they would have rebooted the franchise and follow the book a little more closely. The first film is fantastic but the original Crichton book is phenomenal. IMO

Original book was awesome.

The second movie was absolutely nothing like the second book. I was disappointed.

I wish the T-Rex would be the antagonist in the reboot. I don't know. There's just something magical about the T-Rex. The Spinosaurus in JP3 did nothing for me.

VN Store

Back