Jump on the Kippy Train!!!(merged)

I think its either him or Cutcliffe...either way Kippy will be on the staff...so if we do get Cutcliffe, and he doesn't work out...give Kippy the reigns

I like every thing he has done since all this started. Frome talking to the players after Dick face to his press confrence. If we can get some one better and keep him great but if not get Kippy. I do not want Cut back

I can't say Kippy would be my first choice, but between Cut and Kippy - I say Kippy all the way. He has stepped up to the plate, he is the only candidate that I have seen who actually wants and lobbyed for the job. Under these unique circumstances I say all aboard for Kippy.:rock::clapping:

I can't say Kippy would be my first choice, but between Cut and Kippy - I say Kippy all the way. He has stepped up to the plate, he is the only candidate that I have seen who actually wants and lobbyed for the job. Under these unique circumstances I say all aboard for Kippy.:rock::clapping:

I heard people saying no to Troy Calhoun because his Houston offense got David Carr sacked so many times. But then the same people say they want Kippy Brown. Weird!
Do you realize that Kippy was the OC at Detroit when they went 0-16?

Do you realize that most WR are black, he can recruit the best WR and QB to come to UT they go hand in hand. On top of this he has been around some of the greatest players and coaches in the NFL for the past 14 years. Lets start making a list. I'll start off with two greats that have taught him a thing or two that he can rub off on UT players.

FAVRE - in Green Bay
JIMMY JOHNSON - in Miami

when you sit down a QB or WR recruit and tell them stories of NFL greats like this that he has rubbed shoulders with they listen.

Kippy Was not the OC when Detroit went 0-16 why spread lies?

He was the OC under Jimmy Johnson in MIAMI!!!! for 4 years and they sure didn't go 0-16!!!

Last edited:
He;s a better retread choice than Cut. Cutcliffe just seems to want too much control over everything. Sounds like Failmer.

Brown on Wednesday said he's been told that he also would be considered for the permanent head-coaching job.

I believe UT means, Kippy, if all the coaches we offer the job to turn us down, then I guess you can have the job.

I honestly believe Kippy is our best chance to stop the bleeding. Hiring someone new and trying to assemble a staff worth a damn at this point would be more detrimental than helpful. JMO.

Kippy is only being mentioned as a candidate out of respect...No other reason..He is not what UT needs...Believe me I like the guy but not as a head coach..UT can not afford to drop the ball on this hire...At all...I gaurantee none of the recruits even know who he is.

Kippy is only being mentioned as a candidate out of respect...No other reason..He is not what UT needs...Believe me I like the guy but not as a head coach..UT can not afford to drop the ball on this hire...At all...I gaurantee none of the recruits even know who he is.

I agree..........and UT probably agrees as well and has Kippy as last resort as the rope keeps getting shorter and shorter coach by coach.

Do you think we need to get us one of those coach in waiting deals going? Only reason I ask is because Kippy is not a spring Chicken and if so does anybody know of a good Alum that could be groomed for this job. besides the clear choioce (Peyton).

Kippy will not be hired as coach at UT...I think even he knows that...He would be worse than a Zook hire...I like kippy but he's not HC material...I would hate to see him commit career suicide by attempting to be HC at UT...He's too good a man for that to happen.

VN Store

Back