Jump on the Kippy Train!!!(merged)

Kippy Brown characteristics:

1: very experienced in college and the NFL (26 total years coaching)
2: has great coaching connections in college and the NFL
3: very able to sit in a living room and earn the trust of recruits and their parents
4: a Tennessee guy who values loyalty and would not look at this HC position as a chance to move up somewhere else in the future
5: has a very qualified in-house coaching staff including OC (Chaney) and DC (Thompson) to settle things down with this year's recruits and build a new foundation
6: he has a passion for Tennessee to succeed and is not coming here because of money or the SEC or any other reason but to help Tennessee football succeed.

We have our coach...and he's more than ready to get to work for the Vol Nation!!!

I'm all for Kippy Brown!!!

As I have posted elsewhere...I AM ON BOARD!!!

But then again none of us have any say in the matter do we?! Regardless I will support whoever is named as I have done since D. Dickey left the program.

Coach Kippy B. for U.T. and me!

GO VOLS

Im praying that Hamilton realizes that the man for the job was sitting beside him at one of our most dire times. Kippy from ol Sweetwater loves East Tenn and most importantly WANTS TO BE THERE.

Please pick Kippy. The rest of them got to think about it. Kippy wants to react.

I would not be upset. And as Kippy said, it's not about the coaches (although it is a big deal). Go Vols.

I'm praying that Hamilton realizes that the man for the job was sitting beside him at one of our most dire times. Kippy from Sweetwater loves East Tenn and most importantly WANTS TO BE THERE.

Please pick Kippy. The rest of them got to think about it. Kippy wants to react.

:yahoo: What can Brown do for you ? We've got our coach right now. Loyalty means a lot these days. I agreed 100% with everything he said in his presser and believe him to be sincere. V,B !!

Last edited:
Here is my concern with Kippy, if he is so great then why has he been a life long Assistant and never a head coach and no the XFL doesn't count....

Let's keep Kippy and let him start to get his staff together. You want a UT guy? He's the right man Hamilton. Two tours of duty already and he's fully capable of getting it done. Atleast we know he won't bolt for any other jobs and leave us like we are now.

Kippy Brown characteristics:

1: very experienced in college and the NFL (26 total years coaching)
2: has great coaching connections in college and the NFL
3: very able to sit in a living room and earn the trust of recruits and their parents
4: a Tennessee guy who values loyalty and would not look at this HC position as a chance to move up somewhere else in the future
5: has a very qualified in-house coaching staff including OC (Chaney) and DC (Thompson) to settle things down with this year's recruits and build a new foundation
6: he has a passion for Tennessee to succeed and is not coming here because of money or the SEC or any other reason but to help Tennessee football succeed.

We have our coach...and he's more than ready to get to work for the Vol Nation!!!

I'm all for Kippy Brown!!!

Good post -- I agree with most of it. The part I disagree with is the OC and DC position coaches.

If we are smart enough to make Kippy Head Coach, then he should be Head Coach without restrictions, and he should be totally free to choose his own staff. I trust his judgment.

I have been a supporter of making Kippy our next head coach from early in this process. It is time to stop begging for other folks to be our new coach get this home grown (Sweetwater, TN) TN Vol our head coach.

There is no area where he does not meet our needs as a head coach -- great coaching experience (many years at UT when we were consistently good), a lot of NFL experience, a great recruiter and motivator.

Plus he is all Vol, and would respect and uphold our traditions, and he would be the only black head coach in the SEC, a great plus for recruiting.

Let's end this charade and name Kippy Brown HC now.

mlsoft

This is my choice.....I think he is a perfect fit for this point in time. He will save our recruiting I feel certain. He will keep this staff togather and bring in solid replacemnts. the team likes him....im just sayin...:compute:

I have to agree with the earlier post about Kippy's qualifications. He has only been a coordinator for one year and been a position coach on alot of very average NFL teams. If we must hire a "Tennessee guy", then Cutcliffe is the choice.

much rather have Kippy than Cut...I want zero part of Matt Luke and Kurt Roper again..Kippy could put together a much better staff than Cut and seems ready for an opportunity

HC/WR-Kippy
OC- Chaney( finally get to see his Purdue Offense)
RB/ST - Gerald Brown
QB coach - Tee Martin
OL- Cregg
DC/LB - Lance Thompson ...I don't want to hear he aint ready mess because the guy has been mentored by the two best in the game Monte and Saban

Dline/Recruiting Co/maybe even co DC title- Rodney Garner
DBs- Mack Garza

I've just finished listening to Kippy's PC the other day. Gentlemen, our HC is sitting in Knoxville while Hamilton is running all over the country. This man is level headed and has a good way of getting his point across. That'll work great with recruits.

Hire Kippy Brown tonight, Hamilton.

As we speak he is calling and has called some awesome talent from around the NFL and colleges to help him build an awesome team, with ties to Tennessee and the surrounding area like we have never seen before. Not only is he building a team for today but for future generations of VOL fans. He is going to teach Tennesseans and VOLS to coach and then set them free in the world of college football and when we need them to come back they will be there for us.

Kippy can bring hope to these kids and they will rally around him like a gang of savage beasts ready to rip the flesh off any one the doubts Tennessee!!!!

I'm done with said trains for a good while.
However I do like Kippy. He was beyond what I expected at the press confr. If he's not the HC I do hope he stays on staff.

Kippy will stay regardless if he becomes HC or not. As he said, "Moving is overrated."

Im new here, but I bleed orange. Kippy was impressive at the press meeting, kinda calmed some folks down. If hes our man who would ya'll think he would want on staff? Oh and why hasn't Reaves been fired just based on principal yet?

VN Store

Back