Josh Smith out 2-6 weeks with High Ankle Sprain

Even Eric Berry went to the dressing room yesterday in Denver with an ankle sprain. Our poor training must really stick with our players.

After seeing all the reports of ankle sprains this past week, I would like to make an adjustment to my initial judgement. It's obviously not a plague that's just at UT, just seems that way with it hitting us so hard. So I researched today on why you don't see ankle tape or "spats". From what I've read the sponsor companies (Nike, Adidas, under armour) won't let team "spat", which is the tape job over the shoe, due to it covering up they're logo. They'd rather see busted ankles.

After seeing all the reports of ankle sprains this past week, I would like to make an adjustment to my initial judgement. It's obviously not a plague that's just at UT, just seems that way with it hitting us so hard. So I researched today on why you don't see ankle tape or "spats". From what I've read the sponsor companies (Nike, Adidas, under armour) won't let team "spat", which is the tape job over the shoe, due to it covering up they're logo. They'd rather see busted ankles.

Logo-printed tape. Someone needs to get on that, stat.

They wont allow it ? Tough do it anyway - the damn logo is on the jerseys,pants, socks wristbands

That was a tough play for anyone. The DB made a helluva play on the ball. If it had been incomplete I don't think anyone would have thought anything of it. That was one of the best int's I have ever witnessed.

It was a great int to be sure. The problem was not just that Croom didn't make the catch and the DB did, it's that the ball had to pass through his hands in order for that to happen. At least knock the ball away is my point.

Hopefully he will be back for FLA if not it's 6 weeks til the bama game right now. so we could really use him then.

Paging Croom, Paging Malone, Paging Johnathon Johnson, Paging Wharton...next man up! Make all your snaps count!

Damn! In just 3 games already..

Gilliam
Pearson
Wolf
Smith

I know injuries are part of the game but it seems like we are suffering them at a disproportional rate.
Tell that to the 2012 Vols, 2013 Gators and bulldogs! Lots of 2014 teams are much worse off (Duke, Nebraska, Texas).

You forgot about Cody Blanc - Achilles and Charles Moseley -leg. Also Scott and Jenkins. We have about 100 players if you count walkons, so that is about 8% for a physically demanding sport.

So far (knock on wood) only Blanc and Gilliam are season enders.

Other than Gilliam, the injuries were at positions where we had quality depth.

Last edited:
I gave this kid hell last year, but he's obviously worked very hard and improved dramatically. He has made a believer out if me.

I really enjoyed watching him play this year. I was rooting for him. It's ashame. Hope for a speedy recovery!

Those of you living in Tennessee need to go to your state legislatures to pass a law to make such provisions illegal in contracts with state supported colleges or high schools. Hopefully most of the legislators will recognize student athlete health is more important than showing a stupid logo.

Reactions: 2 people
Piss on their stupid logos!

These companies make hundreds of Millions of $$$$ every year and their logo is everywhere.

Kids health and protecting them against injury should always come 1st and foremost at all times!

If they want our team to wear their stuff then they must accept that we will always take the best care possible of our players no matter what we have to do including taping over their stupid logo!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Justin Hunter Titans 2013 Highlights - YouTube

You don't even have to watch the whole thing, just the first highlight.

Did you just put up a highlight tape, which by its very definition is only the great plays a player a makes, as proof that someone else has never made plays. And Justin Hunter drops balls too. Did it at UT. Does it for the Titans. Does that make him a terrible receiver too?

It was a good play by the DB, but....
it looks like he (Croom) would have missed the catch even if he had been wide open by himself. The DB really did almost nothing to prevent the catch at the critical moment.

That's troubling.

VN Store

Back