Josh Smith out 2-6 weeks with High Ankle Sprain

Unless something drastically changes in the coming weeks with Croom, the kid simply needs to step aside into the TE position and leave room/reps for Malone and Preston Williams for next season. He is just not an SEC WR.

The kid is a sophomore and its not like he is a 5 star recruit. Most kids it takes a bit for things to click. Give him time to develop. Sanchez was there best corner and made a spectacular play on the ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
The ankle sprains are getting ridiculous. If they would give em something besides soccer cleats and maybe tape up the ankles a little heavier, they might counter this type of injury.

Then there would be no give and they would just break there ankle, you are stupid.

Wow you must be an expert...

not saying im an expert at all, but when you have one or two high ankle sprains every single week something has to give. I don't see anybody else losing on average 1 player per week to ankle sprains.

Xbox generation has zero perspective of the game on the field. Too many great catches on Madden that they can replay and pinterest the highlights.

Reactions: 2 people
The one he is going up for in the corner of the endzone? You are telling me great wrs make that play everytime? Dead wrong.
Again, watch more football. Maybe then you wouldn't have to worry about my vast knowledge to learn something, and you'd see the best of the best in the nfl drop routine balls every week.

Justin Hunter Titans 2013 Highlights - YouTube

You don't even have to watch the whole thing, just the first highlight.

Damn! In just 3 games already..

Gilliam
Pearson
Wolf
Smith

I know injuries are part of the game but it seems like we are suffering them at a disproportional rate.

Justin Hunter Titans 2013 Highlights - YouTube

You don't even have to watch the whole thing, just the first highlight.

Comparing Croom to Hunter is unfair. We all know he is not a #1 wr but a serviceable #3 or 4 yes he fits the bill. He will make mistakes as he did on the TD and he will make plays as he did on the 3rd down catch which extended a drive.

The kid is a sophomore and its not like he is a 5 star recruit. Most kids it takes a bit for things to click. Give him time to develop. Sanchez was there best corner and made a spectacular play on the ball.

No doubt a great play by Sanchez, but the only reason he had the opportunity to make a play was because it went through Croom's hands. If Croom wants to live up to the potential that his body gives him, he has to start making that catch.

No doubt a great play by Sanchez, but the only reason he had the opportunity to make a play was because it went through Croom's hands. If Croom wants to live up to the potential that his body gives him, he has to start making that catch.

And that's why we have coaches. He don't deserve the criticism he is receiving especially from grown ass men. It's over let's move on please

Comparing Croom to Hunter is unfair. We all know he is not a #1 wr but a serviceable #3 or 4 yes he fits the bill. He will make mistakes as he did on the TD and he will make plays as he did on the 3rd down catch which extended a drive.

Croom didn't have a catch vs Oklahoma.

Croom didn't have a catch vs Oklahoma.

But he has made plenty of clutch catches in the past
1. 3rd-down TD catch vs. Oregon
2. 24-yard catch in 4th vs. Florida
3. 3rd-down catch vs. South Alabama
4. 3rd-down catch in 4th vs. Georgia that set up game-tying TD
5. 3rd-down catch in 3rd vs. South Carolina
6. 3rd-down catch in 2nd vs. Alabama
7. 4th-down catch in 4th vs. Alabama
8. 3rd-down catch in 1st vs. Missouri
9. 43-yard TD catch that was underthrown vs. Kentucky
10. 3rd-down catch in 2nd vs. Kentucky
11. 3rd-down catch in 3rd vs. Utah St.
12. 3rd-down catch in 1st vs. Ark St.

Reactions: 4 people
But he has made plenty of clutch catches in the past
1. 3rd-down TD catch vs. Oregon
2. 24-yard catch in 4th vs. Florida
3. 3rd-down catch vs. South Alabama
4. 3rd-down catch in 4th vs. Georgia that set up game-tying TD
5. 3rd-down catch in 3rd vs. South Carolina
6. 3rd-down catch in 2nd vs. Alabama
7. 4th-down catch in 4th vs. Alabama
8. 3rd-down catch in 1st vs. Missouri
9. 43-yard TD catch that was underthrown vs. Kentucky
10. 3rd-down catch in 2nd vs. Kentucky
11. 3rd-down catch in 3rd vs. Utah St.
12. 3rd-down catch in 1st vs. Ark St.

Dude, relax. Croom had a rough game, should have caught that ball in the end zone. He's looked pretty good/improved to me in the first 2 games. That's about it.

You said he had a key 3rd down catch to sustain a drive vs Oklahoma. He didn't.... I was just correcting the record, that's all.

My point was that there are receivers, who wore orange, who make that type of play. I think Croom would rather play more like Hunter (who was on the team with him) than a "serviceable #3 or 4." I do not apologize for holding him to a higher standard. He has the potential and now he needs to realize it.

Dude, relax. Croom had a rough game, should have caught that ball in the end zone. He's looked pretty good/improved to me in the first 2 games. That's about it.

You said he had a key 3rd down catch to sustain a drive vs Oklahoma. He didn't.... I was just correcting the record, that's all.

And thanks for the correction I was mistaken

I don't think he does have the potential. He's just not that type of player. I do think he has the potential to be a really good TE, because he would be a mismatch there and could be a great blocker with his size, and wouldn't be asked to go up and high point balls or fight DB's for position on long passes, which he just doesn't do well. I just think by now it's clear he just doesn't have the ball skills or natural ability at WR to utilize his frame. He could be a dynamic TE though.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think he does have the potential. He's just not that type of player. I do think he has the potential to be a really good TE, because he would be a mismatch there and could be a great blocker with his size, and wouldn't be asked to go up and high point balls or fight DB's for position on long passes, which he just doesn't do well. I just think by now it's clear he just doesn't have the ball skills or natural ability at WR to utilize his frame. He could be a dynamic TE though.

Agree. He would be a mismatch in the slot against LBs.

not saying im an expert at all, but when you have one or two high ankle sprains every single week something has to give. I don't see anybody else losing on average 1 player per week to ankle sprains.
Even Eric Berry went to the dressing room yesterday in Denver with an ankle sprain. Our poor training must really stick with our players.

My point was that there are receivers, who wore orange, who make that type of play. I think Croom would rather play more like Hunter (who was on the team with him) than a "serviceable #3 or 4." I do not apologize for holding him to a higher standard. He has the potential and now he needs to realize it.

That was a tough play for anyone. The DB made a helluva play on the ball. If it had been incomplete I don't think anyone would have thought anything of it. That was one of the best int's I have ever witnessed.

VN Store

Back