Josh Smith out 2-6 weeks with High Ankle Sprain

We must have different definitions of "devastating", but I feel that North, Pig, J. Johnson, Malone, and Croom can pick up the slack. Hoping also that Pearson is back.

I disagree. North is phenomenal but he needs help from our 2nd and 3rd best WRs IMHO. There is a significant drop off from Pearson & Smith to the others right now. I'm hoping Malone grows up quickly with the bye week.

Reactions: 3 people
That's what a person who has never caught a pass thinks. The real wr's are fighting nfl type dbs for the ball while in the air and moving 13 mph.

o rly?

Wait- are you trying to tell me that there isn't really an inner-dialogue running in every player's head on every play!?!?!?

Reactions: 2 people
There is a 2-6 week timeframe because soft tissue heals differently for everyone and everybody involved is aware they will bring him back when he's ready, and he won't be rushed.

This is big boy football. He needs to make that play or at least break up the interception.

Big boy nfl wr's have those battles and lose some each week. Either grow up or watch more football. He went up for it and didn't get it. The pick was a great d play combined with a little luck.
You guys act like he sat there and watched it happen.

Reactions: 1 person
Von and Wolf should be back by GA and Josh should be back by Florida. If no one else gets dinged up and we truly rest, GA better watch the F@#$ out, we gonna bring some heat and we will have confidence and swagger. They are a complete football team like OK, but they do not have as good of O and D lines as OK and their secondary is not any better so we will fight and make this close. real close.

And last yr he WAS A FRESHMEN. How would anyone way he underperformed? He wasn't highly recruited and no major offers? He wasn't considered an elite prospect by recruiting services. He showed flashes yet still made mistakes. If u look at it that way he is over performing This year. Trust the guys who are being paid to do their job.

Last edited:
Don't you just love how all the posters who talked him down last yr are suddenly eating crow and praising him.

Hell yeah, I'll eat crow. He's been great thus far this year, has caught everything in his area code, has made play after play and I'm believe either he or Von is currently our 2nd best WR, by a large margin. However, doesn't mean that he didn't play poorly with a ton of dropped balls last year, because he did, as both he and Coach Z have admitted.

What would you have me do? Continue to "bash" the kid or now praise the kid for doing so much better and making himself into a very good SEC WR?

Last edited:
The ankle sprains are getting ridiculous. If they would give em something besides soccer cleats and maybe tape up the ankles a little heavier, they might counter this type of injury.

Big boy nfl wr's have those battles and lose some each week. Either grow up or watch more football. He went up for it and didn't get it. The pick was a great d play combined with a little luck.
You guys act like he sat there and watched it happen.

You must be looking at a different video because in the one I'm watching Croom has position and the ball goes through his hands. I may not have your vast football watching experience but good receivers make those type of plays. If he makes that play next week we praise him, but this week he didn't.

Reactions: 6 people
And yes, no way should a 6-5 243 pound receiver not be able to go up and get those balls like Croom did not do, or at the very least not let a defender take it from him. He didn't use his body whatsoever nor did he go up and attack the ball. It was pitiful. 100% North comes down with that ball. Pearson probably does as well.

If Pearson had the same injury then why is everyone expecting him back for Georgia? 2-6 weeks, UGA is 3 weeks from Von's injury. Does anyone have a specific update on Von?

And yes, no way should a 6-5 243 pound receiver not be able to go up and get those balls like Croom did not do, or at the very least not let a defender take it from him. He didn't use his body whatsoever nor did he go up and attack the ball. It was pitiful. 100% North comes down with that ball. Pearson probably does as well.

Unless something drastically changes in the coming weeks with Croom, the kid simply needs to step aside into the TE position and leave room/reps for Malone and Preston Williams for next season. He is just not an SEC WR.

You must be looking at a different video because in the one I'm watching Croom has position and the ball goes through his hands. I may not have your vast football watching experience but good receivers make those type of plays. If he makes that play next week we praise him, but this week he didn't.

The one he is going up for in the corner of the endzone? You are telling me great wrs make that play everytime? Dead wrong.
Again, watch more football. Maybe then you wouldn't have to worry about my vast knowledge to learn something, and you'd see the best of the best in the nfl drop routine balls every week.

VN Store

Back