Josh Dobbs - NFL Draft thread (merged)

You didn't tell me what American Pig said. You seem hell bent on your hatred though.

Did American Pig predict that Peterman was better than Dobbs?
Do the NFL scouts believe Peterman is above Dobbs?

Why the anger Butchna?

You misunderstand. We've missed you! :huggy: How long you staying this time?

Reactions: 3 people
Did you spew your harsh criticism of Peterman? Did some other guy have a problem with that?
Were you wrong?

:lol:
7621372.gif

Reactions: 5 people
Butchna apart from all your silliness, were you wrong? Or are the NFL scouts wrong? Blaming some guy called American Pig seems silly. You haven't even showed that guy was wrong,

Reactions: 2 people
Butchna apart from all your silliness, were you wrong? Or are the NFL scouts wrong? Blaming some guy called American Pig seems silly. You haven't even showed that guy was wrong,

Oh he was proven horribly wrong and admitted such before slinking away in shame. :) One thing as we go before you repeat the whole process, they sniff out when you like one account's posts on another device...so keep em straight. Being obvious. :thumbsup:

Oh he was proven horribly wrong and admitted such before slinking away in shame. :) One thing as we go before you repeat the whole process, they sniff out when you like one account's posts on another device...so keep em straight. Being obvious. :thumbsup:

I realize you are obsessed with some guy who was correct, while you were wrong, but how am I supposed to believe he was wrong? Why are we supposed to believe you are correct and the NFL scouts are wrong?

Reactions: 1 person
I know there are ton of Dobbs haters on this site but I am not one of them. I honestly think he could play in the league if he cleaned up this throwing. He for sure is athletic enough, smart enough, and has the leadership abilities to do it.

No Vol fan is a Dobbs hater. Why even post that? Stop posting Jackwagon ideas.

If you were referring to all the Vol haters on here, then fine. They hate Dobbs just the same.

But don't pretend Vol fans are hating on Dobbs.

You always had stamina. :) You'll start getting put on ignore by some as soon as they realize who you are. So I won't quote you anymore...that's why you stopped last time, right?

You always had stamina. :) You'll start getting put on ignore by some as soon as they realize who you are. So I won't quote you anymore...that's why you stopped last time, right?

Butchna, I see you are hateful and cannot support your claims. It's always best to be honest when proven wrong. You seem to have been proven wrong, but stuck in dishonesty. Can you help me understand why?

So, Peterman sucked at UT because of no Oline but, Dobbs has accuracy problems regardless of the line he played behind. Am i understanding this correctly? You don't think that given an extra second by the oline that, Dobbs wouldn't have improved his accuracy?

Exactly. Well said. And I guess after the Florida game debacle we should have made Peterman our starter. Folks on here critical on CBJ on picking QBs probably still have their butt hurt that he didn't choose Riley Ferguson and went with Dobbs.

Exactly. Well said. And I guess after the Florida game debacle we should have made Peterman our starter. Folks on here critical on CBJ on picking QBs probably still have their butt hurt that he didn't choose Riley Ferguson and went with Dobbs.

Um, Peterman broke his thumb on his throwing hand against Florida. Thus, the 'debacle.' I suppose we should expect better from a QB with a broken critical finger on his throwing hand?
I suppose all those NFL scouts are wrong about Peterman?
Yeah, I think Peterman haters have been wrong.

Last edited:
Yeah, the NFL scouts disagree. Peterman is a sharpshooter with ridiculous accuracy and outstanding ball placement skills. His only criticism is he is too confident placing the ball in coverage, might get burned in NFL. Dude is a sharpshooter and always was. Volnation haters were wrong about Peterman, not the scouts.

Check out Peterman's trick shot videos. Google it. You can't fake ridiculous accuracy. Peterman also demonstrated his precision accuracy at the Senior Bowl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqL6jwejLS0

You lost all credibility by posting that trick shot tape as proof he is accurate against a NFL defense. He may be the next Joe Montana, but that YouTube makes you look just plain silly.

You lost all credibility by posting that trick shot tape as proof he is accurate against a NFL defense. He may be the next Joe Montana, but that YouTube makes you look just plain silly.

You failed to demonstrate why? Why does Peterman's precision accuracy make me look silly?

Dobbs is definitely way better than Peterman. Not even close. Peterman is a nice guy but very average even as a passer. Dobbs has the ability to change a game with his passing and running.

Peterman has a better arm than Dobb's and is more accurate with the Ball, but lacks Dobbs running and play making skills.....never the less I could see Peterman having success at the next level

If running QBs with substantial accuracy problems could survive in the NFL, Dobbs would be a first rounder. As it stands now though, unless he gets a few years behind a great QB with with a great QB coach then I just don't see it happening for him.

He's a career 61.5% passer. This idea that he has "substantial" accuracy problems is simply not true. Is he Peyton Manning when it comes to accuracy? No. But then again, who is? However, Josh does have good enough accuracy to a starting QB in the NFL. Once you add his running ability and the fact he can buy time with his incredible scrambling ability, then you have a dynamic weapon on offense who can be a difference-maker at QB in the NFL.

Josh Dobbs will not only be a starting QB in the NFL. He will be a SUPERSTAR. As I've said a million times, his pro comparison is Randall Cunningham.

Yeah, the NFL scouts disagree. Peterman is a sharpshooter with ridiculous accuracy and outstanding ball placement skills. His only criticism is he is too confident placing the ball in coverage, might get burned in NFL. Dude is a sharpshooter and always was. Volnation haters were wrong about Peterman, not the scouts.

Check out Peterman's trick shot videos. Google it. You can't fake ridiculous accuracy. Peterman also demonstrated his precision accuracy at the Senior Bowl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqL6jwejLS0

Hi there Mr. Peterman. Just wanted to let you know that your son sucked at Tennessee and will suck in the NFL for the same reason. He can't work in a chaotic pocket. Sure in shorts or with no pressure he looks good. But that is not how the NFL game is played.

Peterman couldn't make it in Tennessee cause he couldn't handle pressure in the pocket. In the NFL there will be a ton of pressure on him from fierce pass rushers. He won't be able to just sit in the pocket and survey a defense. That is why he will fail in the NFL. The same deer in the headlights that happened at Tennessee will happen in the NFL.

And just as Josh excelled under pressure here at Tennessee. He will likewise excel in the NFL. Dobbs doesn't need a clean pocket. He doesn't need ideal conditions. He's a gamer who simply knows how to make plays whether its with his legs or arm. That is why he will succeed.

Reactions: 5 people
Peterman has a better arm than Dobb's and is more accurate with the Ball, but lacks Dobbs running and play making skills.....never the less I could see Peterman having success at the next level

Now that is completely untrue. Dobbs got praise constantly from Mike Mayock for having a "whippy" arm. His football slang for a strong arm. Mayock never said that about Peterman. He specifically made a point of calling Peterman an "anticipation thrower." He said that Peterman lacked great arm strength to force passes into tight windows so he would need to anticipate them to succeed at the next level.

This is all Mike Mayock speaking not me. So its ridiculous for you to claim that Peterman has more arm strength than Dobbs. Literally no one has said that.

He's a career 61.5% passer. This idea that he has "substantial" accuracy problems is simply not true. Is he Peyton Manning when it comes to accuracy? No. But then again, who is? However, Josh does have good enough accuracy to a starting QB in the NFL. Once you add his running ability and the fact he can buy time with his incredible scrambling ability, then you have a dynamic weapon on offense who can be a difference-maker at QB in the NFL.

Because the QB rating is all that matters right? Shouldn't look at the context of that rating at all right? Oh wait, maybe we should.

While at UT Dobbs completed 614 passes, do you know how many of those passes were behind the LOS, or 0-9 yards? 417, or 67% of all of his completions. Do you know what his QB rating is for passes longer than 9 yards, 53.9. Go find a 'superstar' NFL QB who coming out of college had a 53.9% QB rating on passes longer than 9 yards.

No matter how much you want him to be, Josh Dobbs is not an NFL-caliber QB at the moment. His running ability is awesome but largely inconsequential in the NFL, and his accuracy outside of 10 yards is just bad in comparison to the other QBs entering the draft in 2017.

A few years under a good QB coach, and maybe he can get past those shortcomings, but he's never going to be the NFL 'superstar' in real life that he is in that jumbled mess you call a head.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back