John Pennington's gut says Petrino

Does winning make you sick?
How would he win, when every coach will use his scandal as a weapon against him in recruiting? He's toast. People already knew he was a dirtbag before this. Just further confirmation that their opinions were correct.

How would he win, when every coach will use his scandal as a weapon against him in recruiting? He's toast. People already knew he was a dirtbag before this. Just further confirmation that their opinions were correct.

Exactly. I think that you could hire me, and you would find more support than you would with Petrino. I know it is tempting to a lot of down and out programs, but I believe it will be an absolute disaster to whoever hires him. It is a HUGE gamble.

I haven't decided yet, but I'm thinking I will just stick with UT (Mens) Basketball if this happens.

Were you not the one on here yesterday promoting Jim "the liar" Tressel. The same tatics would be used against him as well and my opinion is I would rather have Petrino than Tressel.

So it's win no matter what you have to do with you, right?
The football team and atheltic dept. in general will lose a lot of support..

I would rather keep Dooley..

Flame on...

Do what it takes to win, nothing wrong with Bobby just got caught chasing a little:shaking2:

What do you want Volnation? A nice guy who is a loser (Dooley), or a maniac who is a winner?(Petrino)

Def. goes against what all the big wigs here have stated, but John is horrible and I can't stand him. No Petrino plz

You've had 30 years worth of crappy press crammed into about 6 or 7 years at UT.

Why buy yourself more?

Were you not the one on here yesterday promoting Jim "the liar" Tressel. The same tatics would be used against him as well and my opinion is I would rather have Petrino than Tressel.
I don't think Tressel's situation amounts to a whole lot. Big 10 opponents saw a molehill and clamored for the NCAA to declare it a mountain. He basically told the NCAA it was non'ya (damn bid'ness). If some of the players want to sell some of their own shlitz, that's their prerogative. The NCAA says "Oh, you didn't tell us about that...you lied to us, saying nothing was going on." Guess what...nothing was going on. The NCAA doesn't have any legal right to tell anyone whether or not they can sell their own personal property. That wouldn't hold up in court. So it was all a silly witch hunt.

That doesn't make the guy a sleeze-bucket like Petrino.

I don't think Tressel's situation amounts to a whole lot. Big 10 opponents saw a molehill and clamored for the NCAA to declare it a mountain. He basically told the NCAA it was non'ya (damn bid'ness). If some of the players want to sell some of their own shlitz, that's their prerogative. The NCAA says "Oh, you didn't tell us about that...you lied to us, saying nothing was going on." Guess what...nothing was going on. The NCAA doesn't have any legal right to tell anyone whether or not they can sell their own personal property. That wouldn't hold up in court. So it was all a silly witch hunt.

I guess I just do not know enough about his history other than bolting from the Falcons in the middle of the night and lying to the AD at Arkansas. There may be more I am unaware of that would change my mind.

As for Tressel my thoughts are if you would tell a small lie you would also tell a big lie.

He was already universally known as a scumbag while he was at Arkansas, and other coaches used it against him, and he still didn't have any trouble recruiting. I think he'll win wherever he goes. I will just be disgusted if it's at my alma mater. I'd rather lose.

If it's between winning with Petrino or losing with Dooley, I'll go with Dooley.

What do you want Volnation? A nice guy who is a loser (Dooley), or a maniac who is a winner?(Petrino)

Petrino is not a maniac. He is an amoral, cowardly, hypocritical, dictatorial narcissist. He has no business being employed by any school to oversee young men, and his personality is too weak to coach professional, grownup players. He can only succeed in situations where he can dominate kids. If we hire that SOB, I won't give a dime to UTK the whole time he's employed. I won't buy so much as a t-shirt.

Reactions: 4 people
If they hired Petrino, I'd be really disappointed. I just don't see his persona matching the culture/ethical standards that the University projects. If he was hired, I think there'd be a lot of backlash - I know I'd probably be far less interested in following the program as a result.

Youd be less interested in watching a Petrino team overachieve and win an amazing amount of games, as opposed to the current "ethical" standards to where we lose and have become a bottom tier, irrelevant SEC team?

Sign me up for Bobby the Brain. The guy can flat out coach, pull every last fiber of talent a player has in his soul onto the game field.

You can question BP in many ways, but you cant question his being a winner.

Yes, Please

UT would be fortunate to have petrino. UT needs Petrino MORE than Petrino needs UT. The guy is a winner, and by the way his NCAA record is clean as a whistle. never so much as an accusation. Runs a squeaky clean organization.

Petrino is not a maniac. He is an amoral, cowardly, hypocritical, dictatorial narcissist. He has no business being employed by any school to oversee young men, and his personality is too weak to coach professional, grownup players. He can only succeed in situations where he can dominate kids. If we hire that SOB, I won't give a dime to UTK the whole time he's employed. I won't buy so much as a t-shirt.

If UT hires Petrino, I will gladly increase my donation to make up for yours.

Lets Hope and pray we get Petrino.

VN Store

Back