John Pennington's gut says Petrino

His job is to coach football, graduate his players, stay compliant with the NCAA, and not embarrass the University. Petrino's reputation is so bad that he embarrasses the University the second you hire him. And his history is such that he's a crummy risk to embarrass the University further after that. Hiring Petrino is like marrying a woman who's already divorced two husbands and killed a third.

No he isnt that is just plain stupid.

Bobbies issue is boinking stray girls ...Dooleys issue is losing .

It would seem easier for a coach to resist temptation than for a coach to suddenly develope skill

Reactions: 1 person
John Pennington's gut says nom nom nom nom

Petrino is toxic IMO not just b/c of the public embarrassment, that can pass, but b/c he apparently broke all kind of policies and even the law with the way he hired his sidepiece to work for him. He exposed the university to major lawsuits, which is what will most likely extend his time in coaching purgatory before he can get back to work.

That was the old Petrino- the new Petrino has found God and wants to do good things. Say what u like, the guy is a great coach and a winner. If u had rather lose with Nice-guy ( and consistent loser) DD- well more power to you. I want to WIN. we have been down for too long already.

I agree. If we hire him, I bet he won't do to us what he's done at his last two jobs. It'll be different with us.

Fast forward 10 months...

No, I swear, I tripped on the stairs. I'm going to have to get that carpet fixed...

That was the old Petrino- the new Petrino has found God and wants to do good things. Say what u like, the guy is a great coach and a winner. If u had rather lose with Nice-guy ( and consistent loser) DD- well more power to you. I want to WIN. we have been down for too long already.

This is the most awesome thing I've read on the internet all day. Shine on, you crazy diamond.

I hate the thought of Petrino but this O would be scary with him coaching. Very very scary!

If they hired Petrino, I'd be really disappointed. I just don't see his persona matching the culture/ethical standards that the University projects. If he was hired, I think there'd be a lot of backlash - I know I'd probably be far less interested in following the program as a result.

Only hiring Fulmer or Cutcliffe would do that for me.

VN Store

Back