Joe Milton III performance

Why make a statement that has no reasoning or justification. The first Player in the Draft is what you clearly stated.

That is not the way the Draft works. The Best players in College Football rarely get picked first.

HH will go mid to late 1st Rd. He will be the 2nd to 4th pick of QBs. Some have him as 2nd and some have him as 3rd.

Makes no difference. It is based on need. Again the best player in College Football rarely is the first pick which is the flaw I was putting out.

Milton is better than HH right now? Doubt it. He has not played enough for you to even make that comparison.

We have not seen what Milton can do under pressure, but to think he may have pulled off a better Alabama game than Hooker is dumb.

I will play the game. What do you to support that Milton is Better than Hooker?
But the best QB does.

Why do people creat straw arguments? What you just said has absolutely nothing to do with any argument I’ve made. I’ll make this as clear as possible. I’ve argued that Joe Milton was a better QB than Hooker right now. A poster argued that Hendon was the most talented QB in the country. I responded that I believe the draft would prove him wrong. By this I meant that I believed that several QB’s would be taken before him. That is the only context I ever mentioned the draft. Now, who is lost and immature?

I don't have a problem with your draft analogy. I think if Milton plays to his potential next year, he's a Top 10 pick. My only concern with your argument is defining a QB as a system QB because what seemed to be an argument that system QBs.... See my edit below Accidently hit enter.

I don't have a problem with your draft analogy. I think if Milton plays to his potential next year, he's a Top 10 pick. My only concern with your argument is defining a QB as a system QB because what seemed to be an argument that system QBs.... See my edit below Accidently hit enter.
@BigNasty System QBs are married to the system that makes them successful. I think with the right coach, HH would be successful in any system used in college, but it has no indication on how high we is drafted.

For example, Joe Hamilton was arguably the best QB in the country in 1999. He was a phenom, and I don't think there was a coach in the nation who wouldn't have traded to have Hamilton as their QB. When the NFL Draft came around, he was taken in the 7th round (even behind Tom Brady who was the legendary overlook). So why did Hamilton not get taken any higher? If you don't remember, it's because he was like 5'6" tall.

The NFL Draft is more about intangibles than it is production in college. It's very likely that Will Levis is taken in the 1st round, and may get drafted before HH. Anthony Richardson is also projected as a higher pick in some mock drafts. It has nothing to do with HH being married to Heupel's system. HH would be more successful than Levis or Richardson this year if he was the QB of their team. They are rated higher because of arm strength and physical traits. Right now, neither are better QBs than Hooker.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
I'm almost thinking he could be better than HH, as crazy as that sounds, 3rd year in system, learning from HH and applying his own talent. There's a reason Milton won the job last year. And an extra year of coaching up from CJH and staff. He could be better.
He is definitely more talented that's not a debate. If he is just 80% of what HH is with decision making his talent could win him a Heisman next year

Not sure if its been said, but is Milton our next Tee Martin?
Tee had a cannon that was on Shuler's level, and he didn't have a lot of touch either, but Tee didn't have an arm like Milton. I've never seen a good QB, with the exception of Elway or maybe Brett Favre, that could throw the ball that far without a lot of effort.

Excited to see Milton execute the offense next year.
I think him sitting, has helped him. He’s more mature mentally. He has come a long way……

Ok I see your point but the Best College FB player that is a QB does? Who goes first this year Stroud, B Young, Hooker, Duggan or Levis
I think Duggan will be the best pro. His size, mobility and arm strength checks all the boxes. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders. If I had to pick one guy for one drive with the game on the line it’s Brice Young, but I worry about his size and durability at the next level. Not sold on Stroud at all. He plays against inferior opponents with future pro’s running and catching. I just don’t get the Levis thing, he has the measurables but I think of Ryan Leaf when I watch him. That being said I think at least 3 of those guys are chosen before Hooker.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
Actually, doing a little math shows it was roughly 62-63 yards in the air. He was on opposite hash and threw to other side of field. Hash marks are 40' apart, field 53.5 yds wide. 60 or 67, hell of an arm and throw!

I entered all the factors in my software; “Real QB Passing Statistical Verification” of Air Time, Velocity, Spin, Accuracy, Field Position, Hash Mark Location, Weather Conditions…just to name a few.

Milton’s pass came back with length of pass at 63.77 yards, time in air 3.07 seconds, spin score of 98.46%, accuracy at 99.63%, Hash Mark influence of 99.99% of probability.

It was rated as the #1 overall pass out of all QB passes considering all factors for year 2022, and #1 pass of all Second String QBs for the years 2010 thru all games to date in 2022.

I also ran the numbers thru my “Future College QB Time Machine“ using those exact numbers and Milton is projected in 2023 to have a pass that will travel 77.38 yards in length breaking all known records both in High School, College and all Professional football sports.

So we are in very good shape for the future!

Last edited:
When I say system I’m saying that Our system gets more guys running wide open than I think I’ve ever seen. The vast majority of Hendon completions are to guys who are literally running wide open. Hendon rarely attempts/completes balls into tight widows. This is a must at the next level because all you get are tight windows in the NFL. This is why he throws so few interceptions.

Reactions: Tnslim1
Not sure if its been said, but is Milton our next Tee Martin?

My exact thoughts. Had my doubts at first, but never gave up totally on Milton like a lot of others.
If he is a quick enough thinker to read defenses and blitzes, then he has unlimited potential next year.

Tee had a cannon that was on Shuler's level, and he didn't have a lot of touch either, but Tee didn't have an arm like Milton. I've never seen a good QB, with the exception of Elway or maybe Brett Favre, that could throw the ball that far without a lot of effort.
You’re right on the money. I don’t think some folks get how special Milton’s arm really is.

Reactions: Tnslim1 and perico
Let me be the first to say I've been pretty concerned with qb next year but Joe erased pretty much most of my doubt yesterday with how good he looked cold off the bench. One has to wonder if the lack of consistency was a confidence thing for the most part

I like Bazooka Joe
I like Rocket-Man!
490975-c466b14994c92a1c4bc0689318cd4e57.jpg

Attachments

• joe.png
    joe.png
    999.9 KB · Views: 6

VN Store

Back