Joe Milton III performance

Milton has put himself in a position where he has several options. Isn't this his 2nd year as a graduate student? And wouldn't it be wise to start his recruiting process all over again?

Actually, doing a little math shows it was roughly 62-63 yards in the air. He was on opposite hash and threw to other side of field. Hash marks are 40' apart, field 53.5 yds wide. 60 or 67, hell of an arm and throw!
You right. I didn't add for the angle. It was a hell of a throw nonetheless. Squirrel was impressive too.

Reactions: GAVol21
When all was lost for ALL THE MARBLES in the final game of the season. Who'd he ride with all season beforehand? There's a reason Saban didn't START a QB CONTROVERSY nine games into the season.

Hurts played against lesser competition earlier in the year, when faced with a much tougher game Saban made a smart move to pull Hurts who was having a bad day and plugged in Tua. I think Milton showed today he's a more than capable QB.

Hurts played against lesser competition earlier in the year, when faced with a much tougher game Saban made a smart move to pull Hurts who was having a bad day and plugged in Tua. I think Milton showed today he's a more than capable QB.
They played THEIR SCHEDULE...which included the SEC. Milton showed today in garbage minutes that he's "capable". HC's don't manage their teams with your wishy washy mentality. You have an established starter? You don't pull him on a whim. That's how you lose your team. Remove your starter and eliminate his chance to lead a comeback and you risk wrecking both him and Milton. Most of us that post on here have only been alive during one Vols championship coach...Phil Fulmer. Man had TWO losing seasons and both had the common denominator of Fulmer playing musical QBs. Heupel is that much better scheme wise and as a former championship QB himself, he knows what you don't do.

Reactions: DMichel123
Worried no. But we all Knew he could sling the ball. It’s touch is what was of concern. But his unselfishness is more impressive this year.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
They played THEIR SCHEDULE...which included the SEC. Milton showed today in garbage minutes that he's "capable". HC's don't manage their teams with your wishy washy mentality. You have an established starter? You don't pull him on a whim. That's how you lose your team. Remove your starter and eliminate his chance to lead a comeback and you risk wrecking both him and Milton. Most of us that post on here have only been alive during one Vols championship coach...Phil Fulmer. Man had TWO losing seasons and both had the common denominator of Fulmer playing musical QBs. Heupel is that much better scheme wise and as a former championship QB himself, he knows what you don't do.

Saban won by swapping, we lost. Seems you'd be more comfortable losing with an established starter who is having a crap game than try something else to win. I prefer going for the win.

Saban won by swapping, we lost. Seems you'd be more comfortable losing with an established starter who is having a crap game than try something else to win. I prefer going for the win.
You risk losing more than ONE GAME. I'm about winning MORE. I'm glad our coach has my mentality.

Zero, he has the strongest arm in the country, we are lucky to have him next year. Zero drop-off at the most important position. Yes, Joe can be that good, as good as Hooker this year.
Yep, been saying it all season. He's the starter next year unless he gets hurt. Needs to work on some fundamentals, but that will come with practice. Nico will be up in 2024.

Milton has the ability to be Cam Newton 2.0. The dude has the arm, size and ability, just needs the reps and game experience. If he has a good to great year next season, he will be the #1 pick in the 2024 draft.

Reactions: Dr H Lecter
Milton has the ability to be Cam Newton 2.0. The dude has the arm, size and ability, just needs the reps and game experience. If he has a good to great year next season, he will be the #1 pick in the 2024 draft.
How fast is Milton? Cam ran 4.6

anyone know the hangtime of that 2nd almost touchdown? that was an insane throw
I was there, never seen a ball fly like that. It got up there crazy high with a tight spiral. Just a perfect bomb. He is incredibly gifted. Both his long passes were really impressive and re energized the crowd

You mean someone like Squirrel??? Believe I heard he has track speed that is comparable to Olympians in track.
You heard wrong. He isn’t close to that fast. About 2sec off in the 200 and 1 sec in the 100. He isn’t fast enough to be on the travel squad for UT.

Per Touchdown wire

Hooker’s completion rate had dropped from 73.3 to 52.0 under pressure, his yards per attempt from 11.1 to 6.8, and his passer rating from 143.7 to 70.6.

I stand corrected it wasn’t under 50%
Why are you trying so hard? We are having an amazing year led by an exceptional QB. For some reason you are going out of your way to show how he is incredibly bad. This was a thread about the vast potential of Milton as next year's starter. Can't you just comment on that without criticizing the QB that got us to 9-1?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back