Joe Milton III performance

He’s Hooker’s roommate, he’s been in Heupels system for 2 years, learning from Hooker as well. Accuracy and decision making had to improve and I bet it has and continues to

Reactions: Big Al Orange
It sure is nice to see how Joe has evolved, been coached, and developed. What a difference!

For goodness’ sake, chuck, SILENCE!!! There are folks on VN who don't want to hear such praise for JoMil. To them, he's forever damned for his past miscues, forever.

Reactions: 37027
Yup. That draft. Hooker will never start a game in the NFL. I love the guy and he’s been a great QB in this system, but he’s not an NFL talent. Just go back and rewatch the games. He rarely throws it not tight windows. I can only think of a couple all year. He throws to WIDE open guys. He’s under 50% completion against pressure. His arm strength is very average. I’m not knocking the guy he is what he is.
Keep talking trash on our guy. At the worst he carries a clipboard and cashes checks like Dobbs, then possibly becomes a heckuva coach once his playing days are over. Maybe he can be Heupel’s replacement in 20-30 years. 🙏🏼

Reactions: DMichel123
You said he was maybe the most talented QB in the country, yes? If that were the case he would be the first player chosen in the draft. That’s a fact. He’s projected mid second round with 5 QB’s ahead of him. That doesn’t scream most talented QB in the country.
You are so lost and immature.
The NFL Draft is not based on selecting the best player in College Football as first picked.
Quite Simply the First Round is based on the selection of players that is solely based on the NFL Drafting Team's Need. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing else.

Not trying to be a jerk but you’re making a straw man argument. All I said is that I believe Hooker to be a system QB. He is a GREAT QB in our system. I’ve never questioned that. When I watch him he has too many flaws to be an NFL QB. Accuracy and arm strength being my biggest concerns. I’ve seen Milton make 6 throws this year in just 25 attempts that Hendon is not physically capable of making.

The problem with that argument is that Joe Milton makes throws that not only HH can't make, but nobody else in the country can make either. He's got the arm of John Elway.

If Milton has not only turned the corner, but made the leap, I will proudly spend the entire next season eating crow with everything you Milton guys want to serve on it.

Reactions: Tnslim1
The problem with that argument is that Joe Milton makes throws that not only HH can't make, but nobody else in the country can make either. He's got the arm of John Elway.
You ARE making my initial argument which is that Joe Milton is better than Hooker right now. I’ve used Elway as a comparison before as well but to be honest Milton’s arm strength may be on a level that NOBODY has ever seen. That’s not hyperbole either. I’ve never seen anyone throw the ball like him. Please name another QB that has has/had his size AND athleticism combined with otherworldly arm strength. He has the raw talent to be the player of a lifetime. I believe he’s that gifted.

Remarkable throw, and an incredible catch. That pass came in like a mortar shell... He eases right on into the endzone if the ball didn't knock him down...🤣

Milton is beginning to Remind me of a totally Upgraded Cam Newton.
Playing behind HH has help as well.

You ARE making my initial argument which is that Joe Milton is better than Hooker right now. I’ve used Elway as a comparison before as well but to be honest Milton’s arm strength may be on a level that NOBODY has ever seen. That’s not hyperbole either. I’ve never seen anyone throw the ball like him. Please name another QB that has has/had his size AND athleticism combined with otherworldly arm strength. He has the raw talent to be the player of a lifetime. I believe he’s that gifted.

I don't think he's better than HH as a QB right now. Milton can run, but Hendon (who doesn't have outstanding downfield speed) is a real threat on the ground. There are also the intangibles that don't show up when the game isn't on the line.

Having the arm strength doesn't make you a better QB (Tyler "Undrafted Free Agent" Bray), and Milton hasn't yet shown the ability to lead the team when it matters on the field. However, my entire argument is that he has the potential to be a better QB next year if everything comes together for him, and I am confident it will with Heupel coaching him.

Reactions: 67Vol
I don't think he's better than HH as a QB right now. Milton can run, but Hendon (who doesn't have outstanding downfield speed) is a real threat on the ground. There are also the intangibles that don't show up when the game isn't on the line.

Having the arm strength doesn't make you a better QB (Tyler "Undrafted Free Agent" Bray), and Milton hasn't yet shown the ability to lead the team when it matters on the field. However, my entire argument is that he has the potential to be a better QB next year if everything comes together for him, and I am confident it will with Heupel coaching him.
I saw a Leader yesterday

The NFL Draft is not based on selecting the best player in College Football as first picked.
Quite Simply the First Round is based on the selection of players that is solely based on the NFL Drafting Team's Need. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing else.
Why do people creat straw arguments? What you just said has absolutely nothing to do with any argument I’ve made. I’ll make this as clear as possible. I’ve argued that Joe Milton was a better QB than Hooker right now. A poster argued that Hendon was the most talented QB in the country. I responded that I believe the draft would prove him wrong. By this I meant that I believed that several QB’s would be taken before him. That is the only context I ever mentioned the draft. Now, who is lost and immature?

19 of 25 for 465 and 5 td’s with 5 rushes for 55 yards

Small sample size…….but WOW!!

Rocket Man will definitely be the man next year.

interesting, that could be his stats for just one game next year…..think about that

Last edited:
Reactions: JoAllan
Why do people creat straw arguments? What you just said has absolutely nothing to do with any argument I’ve made. I’ll make this as clear as possible. I’ve argued that Joe Milton was a better QB than Hooker right now. A poster argued that Hendon was the most talented QB in the country. I responded that I believe the draft would prove him wrong. By this I meant that I believed that several QB’s would be taken before him. That is the only context I ever mentioned the draft. Now, who is lost and immature?

Why make a statement that has no reasoning or justification. The first Player in the Draft is what you clearly stated.

That is not the way the Draft works. The Best players in College Football rarely get picked first.

HH will go mid to late 1st Rd. He will be the 2nd to 4th pick of QBs. Some have him as 2nd and some have him as 3rd.

Makes no difference. It is based on need. Again the best player in College Football rarely is the first pick which is the flaw I was putting out.

Milton is better than HH right now? Doubt it. He has not played enough for you to even make that comparison.

We have not seen what Milton can do under pressure, but to think he may have pulled off a better Alabama game than Hooker is dumb.

I will play the game. What do you to support that Milton is Better than Hooker?

VN Store

Back