Jim Mora Jr

Honestly, I don't see much difference. Your talking about maybe 30-40 days difference. Mora would still be leaving HIS 1st true recruiting class before they even sign. I think it would be very similar to what Kiffin did.

The only way it would be different is if Mora didnt try to tell EEs not to go to class so they could follow him here.

But I agree with others. He won't come. He may listen to negotiate an early extension at UCLA but he won't come.

Jim Mora jr?

Has done a fantastic job at UCLA and he hates the media. Sounds pretty good to me.

Reactions: 1 person
Zero chance. UCLA just beat USC, after losing to them by 50 points last year, and will play for the PAC-12 championship. Mora is Mr. LA. He's not leaving, and UCLA is in a position to match any offer. Easily.

Zero chance. UCLA just beat USC, after losing to them by 50 points last year, and will play for the PAC-12 championship. Mora is Mr. LA. He's not leaving, and UCLA is in a position to match any offer. Easily.

No they aren't, if we are really willing to pull out the checkbook UCLA has proven in the past that they are not willing to pay. Mora is the highest paid coach in UCLA history and is not even making 3 million a year.

No they aren't, if we are really willing to pull out the checkbook UCLA has proven in the past that they are not willing to pay. Mora is the highest paid coach in UCLA history and is not even making 3 million a year.

You obviously aren't tapped into UCLA at all.

Are you a UCLA alum? Live in L.A.? Follow the Bruins? Seriously-- I'm curious.

Follow them, did my residency there and held a postdoctoral position in Dr. Ignarro's lab. I have absolutely zero inside sources when it comes to UT, but from my postdoctoral position especially I'm fairly well connected to UCLA.

Follow them, did my residency there and held a postdoctoral position in Dr. Ignarro's lab. I have absolutely zero inside sources when it comes to UT, but from my postdoctoral position especially I'm fairly well connected to UCLA.

Nice!

Mora makes like 1.7 million with a $100,000 retaining bonus. In his 5th year his salary is around 2.5 million. Its no secret he would like to coach in the sec. UCLA would not match what Tennessee could pay if they go in that direction.

Mora makes like 1.7 million with a $100,000 retaining bonus. In his 5th year his salary is around 2.5 million. Its no secret he would like to coach in the sec. UCLA would not match what Tennessee could pay if they go in that direction.

I wanted Mora to replace Kiffin here. When I posted threads about it, the vols guys in Atlanta area threw a hissy fit. Apparently Mora Jr was somewhat of a prick when he coached the Falcons back -10 years ago.

After putting up with Derek's blue bloodiness for three years, I suggest we go with someone who is more fan friendly. Sounds like Mora isn't that guy. He is rather prickly.

I wanted Mora to replace Kiffin here. When I posted threads about it, the vols guys in Atlanta area threw a hissy fit. Apparently Mora Jr was somewhat of a prick when he coached the Falcons back -10 years ago.

After putting up with Derek's blue bloodiness for three years, I suggest we go with someone who is more fan friendly. Sounds like Mora isn't that guy. He is rather prickly.

Would it matter if he beat Bama?

Reactions: 4 people
I am not advocating per se but in his first year he has the Bruins at 9-2, winners of the division, a W over USC and plenty of coaching experience.

Just a thought.

I do wonder who Mora would want to be his OC if he were to come here. He has a pro background, but went with a spread guy, Noel Mazzone, with UCLA.

It will be nearly impossible for Mora to out recruit the type of players to beat USC and Oregon...the academic standards are insane.
BTW....do you know what U.C.L.A. stands for?

Ugly Caucasians Living with Asians
...:rofl:

I think you have them confused with Stanford.:eek:lol:

VN Store

Back