Jim Mora Jr

his last year was '06, was it not?

Ask Washington and Miami how they feel about Spurrier and Saban.
Atlanta fans have been pissed off for years anyway. Nothing new there mayn.

I recommend you ignore everything Seattle fans have to say about him as well. that's 19-29 in his last 3 NFL seasons if you're keeping score at home.

But it's not even about his record really. It's his demeanor and leadership style that got him canned. But, hey. . . The people that saw his work everyday are probably all wrong.

Rucker says that he never said anything about Mora, and he has about 0 interest in coming here.
Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247

I have consistently said from Day 1 that Mora had no interest. RT @ocerla: @wesrucker247 you sure you didnt say anything about Mora?
Expand

NFL and CFB are honestly terrible comparisons. Two totally different games.

NFL and CFB are honestly terrible comparisons. Two totally different games.

I agree when it comes to records. What you have to understand though is we're talking leadership style as much as anything. Most CFPB guys fail in the NFL because their authoritarian style doesn't work in the NFL. Mora is the exact opposite.

got any explanation for how he took that UCLA juggernaut and got blown out for one of Cal's 3 wins?

because it's football with teenagers all over the field. Any given day, especially with the size and speed across the board in college football.
It happens. Every coach listed is going to have bad losses.

I respect your opinion of course. I just think trudging up stuff from almost a decade ago in the pros to judge what he could do for UT in '13 isn't apples to apples.

And I also think @ 20k Titans fans that are also Vol fans would crap a brick if UT wanted J Fisher. As a former season ticket holder, I would hate the idea.

The guy said he would bolt for a Washington job (which wasn't open) even if the Falcons were in the playoffs. We're talking Petrino level class here. He's a below .500 pro coach. One good season at UCLA and he's suddenly good enough?

The guy said he would bolt for a Washington job (which wasn't open) even if the Falcons were in the playoffs. We're talking Petrino level class here. He's a below .500 pro coach. One good season at UCLA and he's suddenly good enough?

You act like we have alot of choices here.

I'm going to play devil's advocate and say Mora wouldn't be a long term answer here. The guy has done a great job at UCLA (and their fanbase wasn't exactly thrilled with him being hired) but I've always thought of Mora as a West Coast guy. I'll add that Noel Mazzone probably deserves more credit for UCLA this year than Mora---

I recommend you ignore everything Seattle fans have to say about him as well. that's 19-29 in his last 3 NFL seasons if you're keeping score at home.

But it's not even about his record really. It's his demeanor and leadership style that got him canned. But, hey. . . The people that saw his work everyday are probably all wrong.

So they will guaratee his failure as you are? I think that's ridiculous

Not concerned about treefolk from Seattle and their SEC football knowledge, and I really don't care what any coaches pro record is.

I would be wary of Mora. He's probably got more x/o smarts than other contenders w/his NFL experience--but agree with another poster: he reminds me of kiffin. I can't see him staying long--and then we are going through this again, which would not be good for our image.

:hi:

Honest question. Do the high school coaches around there care that much about he falcons and their former coaches?

I'm talking about one specific coach that formerly coached the Falcons. You're drifting into 'fallacy' territory here. As far as Mora, if the HS coaches are steering their players to coaches who will lead them, coach them up, and pave a path of opportunity to the NFL? Yes, these coaches care about Mora. The man enabled lousy player behavior here. This guy inhaled ammonia constantly on the sideline. The guy sits there and says he would bolt for Washington even if the Falcons were going to the playoffs. Stick with the actual subject. Yes, high school coaches care. They are not stupid and they do have memories of lousy character Mora had while here.

I'm talking about one specific coach that formerly coached the Falcons. You're drifting into 'fallacy' territory here. As far as Mora, if the HS coaches are steering their players to coaches who will lead them, coach them up, and pave a path of opportunity to the NFL? Yes, these coaches care about Mora. The man enabled lousy player behavior here. This guy inhaled ammonia constantly on the sideline. The guy sits there and says he would bolt for Washington even if the Falcons were going to the playoffs. Stick with the actual subject. Yes, high school coaches care. They are not stupid and they do have memories of lousy character Mora had while here.
that used to freak me out even when I was pulling for the guy.

“@ErinAndrews: @ClayTravisBGID hearing UT & Auburn made big runs at Mora..wants to stay put in LA..”

I don't know but that would be a home run hire. He is the best name I have herd. We would be proven winners and build a program to rival any with him

He has a show cause til 2016. If he is the guy he will be suspended for the first 5 games and no bowl game next yr. you cool with that after all the crapped you said this yr??? Smh

Bump.

Don't know why, but my gut says he'll be a player. Moreso than is being let on. Don't know if it'd be a great hire, but think it could be.

VN Store

Back