Jim Mora Jr

doing a great job.. 9 minutes from beating a big rival in his first year.. kinda like sumlin beating alabama his first year.. you know, the guy we picked dooley over

Reactions: 1 person
It will be nearly impossible for Mora to out recruit the type of players to beat USC and Oregon...the academic standards are insane.

BTW....do you know what U.C.L.A. stands for?

Ugly Caucasians Living with Asians
...:rofl:

I hope Gruden calls Mora tomorrow about coaching kids vs pros.

A conversation like that could turn the tide as Mora probably hasn't felt like this on the pro level

No denying Mora has completely changed the culture of UCLA and turned the team around in less than a year. It shows the immediate difference a smart coaching change can make. Fans are excited, players have bought in and there's new energy around the program. UT needs to find our own Mora, because Jim's not leaving UCLA. He's building something special there.

Mora would be good. If we can't get Gruden, Mora should be on the list.

Some here have said he wouldn't leave UCLA, but i read somehwere that UCLA can't/wont pay big bucks for their coaches because of accademis so they couldn't/wouldn't match what we would offer. Maybe that makes him take the leap?

Point is, If gruden is no, Hart should go down a list of BCS level schools and try to get coaches who have proved they can win at this level.

NO up and comer

NO unproven assistant.

I have not seen many coaches buyouts mentioned. If we were to go after a coach who is currently coaching, more often than not your going to have to pay their buyout for leaving their school as well. I would think that amount would come into play with alot of the names being tossed around. I will also point out how it's funny how when Kiffin bailed on us after 1 year everyone was screaming for his head. Now that we are needing another coach, the fact alot of these guys have been on their new job 1 year....means little to fans here. Would Mora be a "scumbag", "douche", "coward" if he bailed on UCLA after 1 year?

I have not seen many coaches buyouts mentioned. If we were to go after a coach who is currently coaching, more often than not your going to have to pay their buyout for leaving their school as well. I would think that amount would come into play with alot of the names being tossed around. I will also point out how it's funny how when Kiffin bailed on us after 1 year everyone was screaming for his head. Now that we are needing another coach, the fact alot of these guys have been on their new job 1 year....means little to fans here. Would Mora be a "scumbag", "douche", "coward" if he bailed on UCLA after 1 year?

There is a difference in leaving for a new school the first week of December, vs. 2 weeks befofre signing day in Feb - i.e. Kiffin.

It wasn't just that it was year one, it was that it was so close to signing day that really dealt the fatal blow.

There is a difference in leaving for a new school the first week of December, vs. 2 weeks befofre signing day in Feb - i.e. Kiffin.

It wasn't just that it was year one, it was that it was so close to signing day that really dealt the fatal blow.

Honestly, I don't see much difference. Your talking about maybe 30-40 days difference. Mora would still be leaving HIS 1st true recruiting class before they even sign. I think it would be very similar to what Kiffin did.

VN Store

Back