Jeremy Pruitt 1:30pm press conference. Link and discussion.

Very clear that he was working his tail off for UT, even leading up to the championship game. Not sure he sleeps.

Reactions: 1 person
So Jones makes promises and badly mishandles Hurd... and Hurd was the cancer when things began to fall apart.

The cancer was always Jones and his used car salesman ways.

He literally started Hurd over the likely NFL Rookie of the Year.

Hurd wouldn’t have started for a competent coach.

I’m no fan of Butch, but this is on Hurd, not Butch.

Reactions: 8 people
I'm only one of many VOL fans here so my opinion counts for little, but after watching this press I'm totally on board. I think he will do great job at UT. It was refreshing to see Coach just openly and honestly answer every question thrown at him, except the one about who he is currently recruiting. :)

I thought he was spot on with his reply on current recruiting.

I can see why the recruits say he's "real".

I agree that he's "country"; for me, that's a good thing.

And it makes me feel good when he says "Coach" Fulmer.

Reactions: 3 people
So Jones makes promises and badly mishandles Hurd... and Hurd was the cancer when things began to fall apart.

The cancer was always Jones and his used car salesman ways.

Both Hurd & Butch were cancer to the team.

Reactions: 2 people
Didn’t watch due to work, but did anyone get the sense from Pruitt that he is way behind and needs to play catch up due to his time coaching Bama in the last few weeks? Because that’s what we were told would happen by some posters about him not being in Knoxville from day 1.

I find it hard to compare Jennings and Hurd. Jalen quit the team. JJ was frustrated with what he was told by a coaching staff that wouldn't be there anymore and was booted.

You know how it is. Misguided, self-righteous, holier than thou types will hunt for faults in others while just as fallible or worst. And if no fault can be found, they'll invent one.

Didn’t watch due to work, but did anyone get the sense from Pruitt that he is way behind and needs to play catch up due to his time coaching Bama in the last few weeks? Because that’s what we were told would happen by some posters about him not being in Knoxville from day 1.

Did you really just use that as your 17,000th post? C'mon, Fade, you're better than that. :)

NO.

Interesting. I am not sure I am on board. The last thing we need is a toxic player like Hurd was in the locker room.

Agree. I’ll be good with whatever JP decides, he’ll know best. But given what’s been reported and what we know about JJ’s behavior and disappearing act, hard to see how he gets a 9th life here. Guess we’ll know soon.

Agree. I’ll be good with whatever JP decides, he’ll know best. But given what’s been reported and what we know about JJ’s behavior and disappearing act, hard to see how he gets a 9th life here. Guess we’ll know soon.

FWIW, Trey Wallace is reporting JJ will be reinstated. It is no secret that he is one of our biggest playmakers and brings a lot of attitude to the team, but I am unsure what actually happened with him. I've heard both sides of the story. Regardless, I'll trust Pruitt.

Attachments

• IMG_5219.jpg
    IMG_5219.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: 5 people
FWIW, Trey Wallace is reporting JJ will be reinstated. It is no secret that he is one of our biggest playmakers and brings a lot of attitude to the team, but I am unsure what actually happened with him. I've heard both sides of the story. Regardless, I'll trust Pruitt.

True...statistically speaking, he's good, not great...but, on the field wise, he'd be considered an asset. Maybe it works out, if not, we'll be fine.

VN Store

Back