Jeremy Pruitt 1:30pm press conference. Link and discussion.

I could care less what the man says as long as he produces wins.If Butch could have gotten us winning big games,then noone would have cared about his cheesy slogans.In the end ALL that matters is wins and losses.

Reactions: 2 people
Not sure what “both sides” means.

Here’s what we know about JJ....

1. He was arrested last January for drug possession

2. After being injured the first game last season vs GaTech, he was persona non grata, pretty much went AWOL, didn’t support his teammates the rest of the season

3. Posted the profanity-laced Instagram video, exercising awful judgment and displaying an utter lack of maturity and class

4. Others who cover the program have said there are many other incidents with JJ that have not been made public. This wouldn’t be his “second chance”, it’d be more like his “9th or 10th chance”.

Again, like I said earlier, if PF and JP decide to reinstate the guy, then fine, I’ll trust them 100% and know that we’ve added a good, playmaking wr back to the roster. But from the outside looking in as a fan, I think I can see why they wouldn’t reinstate him and I’d be fine with that too.

This is why he’s no longer one of my favorite players. I still see Magitt on the sidelines - standing on the bench waving towels at the fans and supporting his teammates - after he got hurt...

Like you, I’ll trust Coach Pruitt whatever he decides.

Reactions: 1 person
my favorite part...

"you better be able to run the football and you better be able to run it when the other team knows you're going to run it"

My only pet peeve so far is he's got to stop touching/moving the mic. Driving me crazy.

My exact thought:

hqdefault.jpg

Been noticing this myself. Had a 47 page thread discussing why everyone should be chanting SEC and pulling for other teams.

Still not convinced jumping on their bandwagon as a fan somehow helps the Vols recruiting.

Game ended Monday night. EVERYONE ELSE moved on.

Didn’t watch due to work, but did anyone get the sense from Pruitt that he is way behind and needs to play catch up due to his time coaching Bama in the last few weeks? Because that’s what we were told would happen by some posters about him not being in Knoxville from day 1.

No. I got the sense that he is one of those guys who always FEELS behind. Even when he isn't. Do I wish he had not been at Alabama? Yeah, but guess what. It was a dead period. He returned to Alabama the day it started, and was back before it ended. Maybe he could have been evaluating returning players or finalizing his staff, but did it force him to miss a chance to get a recruit? Not at all. And if "some posters" don't get it? Oh, well.

Even if JJ is reinstated, he'll not play another down for Tennessee. He will do something in the next 9 months to insure that.

I tend to agree. The leash would be necessarily very short, and a leopard just doesn’t change it’s spots.

my favorite part...

"you better be able to run the football and you better be able to run it when the other team knows you're going to run it"

I'd rather keep the D off balance. You know, like 1st and goal at the 1/2yl and dial up a fade pass to the corner into double coverage. No way a DC is ready for that.
:banghead2:

Funny how Butch quit on the team too with two games left after he put the program in the ditch and it had lost all momentum.

How about Preston Williams? Venzell Boulware? Incredible how many quit the team in the middle of the season when they were playing. What about the pi$$ poor attitude that we saw from JG in the 1st game. I don't think I have ever seen that on the sidelines where a players just don't interact in the QB huddle.

Just a guess but I think Jones was the issue to all the above. Now the program can heal.

I have no idea if you're right or not. But, I hope you are. If the core problems(s) still remain, then that means the Band-Aid ain't been completely torn off this mess yet.

No. I got the sense that he is one of those guys who always FEELS behind. Even when he isn't. Do I wish he had not been at Alabama? Yeah, but guess what. It was a dead period. He returned to Alabama the day it started, and was back before it ended. Maybe he could have been evaluating returning players or finalizing his staff, but did it force him to miss a chance to get a recruit? Not at all. And if "some posters" don't get it? Oh, well.

Got a lot more done than fellow playoff coach Chip Kelly. :wink2:

I'd rather keep the D off balance. You know, like 1st and goal at the 1/2yl and dial up a fade pass to the corner into double coverage. No way a DC is ready for that.
:banghead2:

Pete Carrol agrees. coaches make dumb decisions all the time.

His grammar isn't perfect.... Not unlike a whole lot of us here on this site. Or for that matter announcers and color guys on sports broadcasts. Most of them are grammar butchers.

Weren't people tearing Juan Jennings a new one the other day for improper grammar?

AMEN!

Completely opposite situations IMO. JJ's "crime" was that he was too passionate about Tennessee football and didn't hold back in his criticisms of the previous staff. Hurd, on the other hand, just didn't give a crap. I can forgive JJ's passion going a bit too far; he just needs to reign it in a bit. But a guy that quits on the team is a very different thing.

If JJ did not quit on the team, he did things very near to it.

VN Store

Back