Jeremy Pruitt 1:30pm press conference. Link and discussion.

I hear both of you guys but I'll bet my farm that, if allowed back, he will not make it to fall camp. He has never seen the hard-core, disciplined approach to football coming this team's way. When he sees the work he has to put in and that it's not all about him anymore, he will bail...or be strongly encouraged to transfer.
Or he could use the chance to better himself for his future and better his stock and chances of sucess in the nfl, under a head coach that instills that kind of discipline in his players.

Damn

Finally a head coach that uses coaching terms instead of nonsensical words and phrases

Night and Day from our last baffoon

Don't know about you guys but I get a really good feeling from this coach. Sure seems like no nonsense and has common sense; not trying to balloon everyone's expectations but a work-like approach. Yes, it's extremely early but I have much more confidence now that he's the right guy as opposed to the last ones we've had. Hard to be too optimistic but we can only go up from 4-8. Like the plain language not filled with much (BS) coach-speak.

Reactions: 1 person
Nice bait and switch there. Now it’s “a lot of people touting” and “somehow”! :w00t: The “smarmy” recognize their own. “Amazing” that you needed to lie when you baited your hook, you cunning puppet master you! NO ONE stated that Pruitt winning a ring would be the “most critical factor in recruiting”. “Some” saw it as a benefit in pitching our coach to a recruit. I respect you enough to assume you recall that in your soulless troll little head...therefore and thusly, you’re a certifiable liar. :lol:

Do you ever proof read anything you actually type?

Because this borders on the ramblings of a 5 year old.

Reactions: 1 person
He literally started Hurd over the likely NFL Rookie of the Year.

Hurd wouldn’t have started for a competent coach.

I’m no fan of Butch, but this is on Hurd, not Butch.

Revisionist history. Everyone loved Hurd around here in 2015. He was arguably the best player on the team. He dominated the bowl game against Northwestern when we actually went under center in the I-formation.

Kamara derseved more playing time in the backfield along with Hurd and more targets in the pass game as a receiver. But he was not as good as Hurd in 2015 and in no way derseved to start over him.

With that said, 2016 was a different story. Kamara improved big time over that off-season while Hurd regressed. Butch's mistake was sticking with Hurd in 2016 when Kamara clearly surpassed him. But people need to stop with the revisionist history about 2015. Kamara was not the same player he is now or even in 2016. Kamara improved big time from 2015 which is why he's the player he is right now. Continual improvement.

Reactions: 2 people
Do you ever proof read anything you actually type?

Because this borders on the ramblings of a 5 year old.

So you and Allvol123 are flip sides of the same psychosis? If you can’t beat em...shave 43 years off their age! :w00t: Disagree better.

JJ's issues were HIS issues, no one else is to blame.

I think he may have thought he was bigger than the program and could get away with the triage with no punishment - he was wrong and thus is trying to made amends.

If he hasn't truly learned from this - he will be toxic to the team. Time will tell.

Kid acted out and acted a fool and that’s ultimately on him. He made his bed and is currently lying in it and we’ll see if JP and PF decide to give him one final umpteenth chance.

But let’s not get it twisted....he didn’t have the strong leadership that he clearly needed to either straighten up and be the teammate he needed to be for the good of the team, or, find himself kicked off the team. Instead, he was allowed to do whatever the hell he wanted while we were told “he just loves the game so much he just can’t stand it, he just can’t stand not being out there or on the sideline supporting his teammates”....that was some serious BS by your boy Lyle and absolute, 100% lack of leadership.

Phil Fulmer stay away from the coach! Let him coach.

When are you fulmer haters going to get it? He isnt trying to secretly coach the team thats a stupid legacy to leave. Quit with the tin foil hats, fulmer was a HoF coach and now he wants to do like dickey and come back to be the ad that hires a HoF coach. He is doing all of this for Tennessee to be back in title contention. He is saving this program.
I have a serious question, do you really think Pruitt is that much of a pushover? What in his past would lead you to believe that he would cower to anyone? Hell just ask Georgia's boosters that he publicly shamed into getting the indoor facility built for those guys to practice in summer.

Yeah really, but judging by all the pro alabama fan threads around here you almost wonder if this is their fan site.

Been noticing this myself. Had a 47 page thread discussing why everyone should be chanting SEC and pulling for other teams.

Still not convinced jumping on their bandwagon as a fan somehow helps the Vols recruiting.

Not kind of.
Completely country.
His grammar isn’t perfect.
He replaced aight with a lot of “you knows” this time.
But, so what?
Love that he’s all business.
Love that he’s all about recruiting.
This is a football coach, my friends.
Hats off again to Bev and Phil for bringing him to BOC. 😃

His grammar isn't perfect.... Not unlike a whole lot of us here on this site. Or for that matter announcers and color guys on sports broadcasts. Most of them are grammar butchers.

After all the comments here about him stating "aight" so many times in this first time at the podium, I'm betting he's worked on getting that removed from his vocabulary.

I hope not, I know exactly what he is saying and it is who he is...a successful football coach who loves the game and wants to win...A'ighT!

Hurd was toxic because the coach allowed it.

A good coach can manage the egos and attitudes. You dont think Bama has a boatload of egos? Butch had never had to deal with that type of player. They dont go to places like CMU and Cincy.

Revisionist history. Everyone loved Hurd around here in 2015. He was arguably the best player on the team. He dominated the bowl game against Northwestern when we actually went under center in the I-formation.

Kamara derseved more playing time in the backfield along with Hurd and more targets in the pass game as a receiver. But he was not as good as Hurd in 2015 and in no way derseved to start over him.

With that said, 2016 was a different story. Kamara improved big time over that off-season while Hurd regressed. Butch's mistake was sticking with Hurd in 2016 when Kamara clearly surpassed him. But people need to stop with the revisionist history about 2015. Kamara was not the same player he is now or even in 2016. Kamara improved big time from 2015 which is why he's the player he is right now. Continual improvement.
i actually agree with this. still think he could have used more touches in 2015 to speed up that development, but in merit, i think this is pretty accurate.

Phil Fulmer stay away from the coach! Let him coach.

random, and baseless....

JJ's issues were HIS issues, no one else is to blame.

I think he may have thought he was bigger than the program and could get away with the triage with no punishment - he was wrong and thus is trying to made amends.

If he hasn't truly learned from this - he will be toxic to the team. Time will tell.
you seem pretty sure about the first statement, not so much the rest.

how 'bout we just acknowledge that JJ didn't handle himself very well individually, AND there was a real lack of leadership in the locker room that didn't appear to do a thing to prevent it from getting to the point it did.
And I haven't watch - don't have time nor desire.

Did anyone ask him whether the attrition of Jr's leaving for the draft had stopped or not?
that's rich. you have no time, but you litter this thread with posts like this? it's the internet. view it whenever you do have time.
Saban agreeing to change QB's is what won that game.
i'm sure that's exactly what he was thinking when Tua took that 16 yard sack on 1st down in OT, down by three, after his kicker missed 2 kicks already.
Your notion that .5x is greater than x is the ridiculous notion.

He literally joked in today's presser that he needs to work on learning names in the complex. While that is a menial task, it is true and literally points out there are things to do, that he delayed doing.

NOTE - this is NOT implying irreparable harm, your go to move. But to believe he would not be further along at this point had he committed X time rather than .5x time, is asinine.
so, i agree on both.

i still don't see why this is such a divisive topic.

VN Store

Back