Jeremy Pruitt 1:30pm press conference. Link and discussion.

I really am buying in. A lot of us liked when Dooley said “britches” or when Butch said all the bull**** he said, but Pruitt is no nonsense, let’s get to work, matter of the fact get to it.

Reactions: 3 people
Interesting that he didn't commit to Niedermeyer's role. I am assuming a TE role, but he may be trying to lure a $big fish$ to be a Co-OC/WR coach and have Helton be a Co-OC/QB coach.

Mike Locksley would fit nicely...currently the Co-OC/WR coach at Alabama.

I think JJ’s issue was with the former staff. Being kicked off the team might be a wake up call, too. Hopefully.

He wants to be drafted. Why else try to return to the team. Now he knows that his leash is short so he will not be an issue. Also he will play hard in order to get drafted. Also Pruitt will likely not tolerate b s. Lastly any further issues on or off the field will hurt his draft status.
He has too much at stake to play around

Not once...hopefully that meme can die.

We don't like cliches'..............yet we make them and embrace them.

It's over used already. Watch any good southern movie like O Brother Where Art Thou and you can get a belly full. 'aight?

He's kind of country aint he?

Not kind of.
Completely country.
His grammar isn’t perfect.
He replaced aight with a lot of “you knows” this time.
But, so what?
Love that he’s all business.
Love that he’s all about recruiting.
This is a football coach, my friends.
Hats off again to Bev and Phil for bringing him to BOC. 😃

Reactions: 13 people
I find it hard to compare Jennings and Hurd. Jalen quit the team. JJ was frustrated with what he was told by a coaching staff that wouldn't be there anymore and was booted.

AMEN!

Completely opposite situations IMO. JJ's "crime" was that he was too passionate about Tennessee football and didn't hold back in his criticisms of the previous staff. Hurd, on the other hand, just didn't give a crap. I can forgive JJ's passion going a bit too far; he just needs to reign it in a bit. But a guy that quits on the team is a very different thing.

Reactions: 5 people
They coached him up on the aight.

Country myself, doesn't matter if the coach sounds like it too.

I do like that he sounds like a ""real" person and no coach speak b.s.

Bring JJ back.

Pruitt is going to do great.

Reactions: 2 people
after watching..

tenor.gif

Reactions: 5 people
the key phrase in his was response was "I'm not sure."

He didn't say JJ is poison and we need to get rid of him.

So just maybe since he didn't know and wasn't sure, he should not have made the post to begin with.

One huge problem with our fan base is that we "think" we know more than the coaches yet most of the posters on this board have never set foot inside the team locker room.

I'm only one of many VOL fans here so my opinion counts for little, but after watching this press I'm totally on board. I think he will do great job at UT. It was refreshing to see Coach just openly and honestly answer every question thrown at him, except the one about who he is currently recruiting. :)

Reactions: 9 people
"introduce yourselves, i want to get to know you"

butch jones code:

"i'm keeping a list"

VN Store

Back