JaWuan James James is Officially a UT Vol

LV had faith the whole way. Nobody else really did. Touche LV.

When did he call this? Before the Alabama decommit?

The most interesting thing to me is that he indicates we may still be in play with Morgan Moses. I thought we passed. I would love to add him with Cullen and Green even if we lost a current guy, if he is not too fat and slow.

This is very nice. If we think our run game is good now just imagine it in a couple of years. We will be unstoppable. :rock:

I haven't actually read a response to any of my posts so I was wondering if you guys could let me know if my posts are reaching my vol faithful?

Thank you :hi:

I love classy posters with incredible avatars.

Your welcome and thanks. :hi:

I'm a pain in the you know what poster sometimes too though.

Anyway, we hated it when he decommitted. I thought he would end up at UGA, but I think the beatdown y'all put on them, the way UT is on the upswing, vs UGA kind of reeling with speculation of coaching staff changes, etc., better opportunity for early playing time at UT vs UGA and even moreso vs Bama probably all combined to convince him to go with the Vols. I can't fault him at all for his decision. He, like all kids being recruited, should do what he thinks is in his best interest and makes him most comfortable. Best of luck to him.

Last edited:
Are there room for improvement on the OL? Meaning are there guys that we have committed that the coaching staff would let go for others? Assuming we pick up a couple other big OL commits?

Best part about this is the timing. Just before heading to Ole Miss for a visit - who do you think he is going to be recruiting for???

V,B

From James:

“There’s some big things going on at Tennessee, some new and special things, and I want to be a part of it.”

Just wish I could figure out the pronunciation. Phonetically, it looks like Jah-wooh-an. Am I close?

This says all you need to know about Kiffin's recruiting style:

“That made me feel wanted,” offensive lineman Jawuan James said after committing to UT on Tuesday night. “That’s the first time a head coach had ever been to a game at our school.”

From James:

“There’s some big things going on at Tennessee, some new and special things, and I want to be a part of it.”

THAT! That is what Lane Kiffin has given Tennessee. He doesn't have to sell the coaches or the locker room or the facilities. He can sell the ride. And if a kid is smart, he'll make sure the Lane Train doesn't leave the next stop without him.

VN Store

Back