Janzen Jackson, Nukeese Richardson arrested

I find it humorous that some of you are saying, "If found guilty, CLK needs to kick them off the team". If found guilty, which all initial signs point to a gigantic YES...CLK will have no choice, yes or no, in the matter. Armed Roberry??? Are you kidding....they won't have to worry about getting kicked out of school, they will have to worry about which Federal Prison they will inhabit.

Good job idiots...that a way to take a giant piss on your future!

Agreed but i think you will be surprised w jackson... if he testifies against edwards and nuke he could easily get off with a lesser charged his involvement could be explained as trying to stop the incident when he got out and said "lets go" then the coaches have a decision on their hands

I know its probably been said already but I don't understand what there is to gain here for kids robbing someone at a gas station parking lot?

Benefits of this robbery:
1. You didn't get any money, according to the reports
2. You're going to get recognized because you are famous Vols football players, therefore you are getting caught
3. You're getting kicked out of school
4. Football career is over (waste of talent)
5. Prison - getting raped

or

Benefits of avoiding this robbery:
1. Not getting kicked out of school
2. Playing football and eventually going Pro, thus making over 1,000,000 times more money than you got from this robbery
3. Not being raped in prison

If you're unhappy about your role, then transfer. I don't care about these pieces of trash. I hope Kiffin kicks them out and sends a message. We don't need crap like this at this great school.

This is an honest question, is there any way of the athletic dept. enforcing a curfew for athletes to avoid situations like that? I know it would be difficult to enforce and we'd lose recruits because it but I was just wondering what the NCAA rules are.

Personally I think Kiffin/Athletic directors will make the right decision, if it were me I would have to make examples of them and kick em off. But honestly how could someone with such potential be so stupid. Especially when you have someone like EB leading the way about to make MILLIONS. IDIOTS.

Why, oh, why?

I should add that I believe marijuana should be legal, but I'd rather they grow it in the Gibbs Hall basement than perpetrate armed robbery.

Why, oh, why?

They said Jackson was walking out of the store and said "We gotta go". Why couldn't he just look at what was going on and walk away????
Such a pitty.

Agreed but i think you will be surprised w jackson... if he testifies against edwards and nuke he could easily get off with a lesser charged his involvement could be explained as trying to stop the incident when he got out and said "lets go" then the coaches have a decision on their hands

Fair enough....IMO....Jackson can take the next bus back to St. Charles. maybe he didn't wear a black hoodie and directly participate..but in 2 weeks time, he has had "altercations"..one of which is life changing....Good Riddance....D Myles can pick up the slack.

Of course, that is JMO...

Those are his friends, maybe he was trying to protect them. Oh and Edwards had on a UT football shirt that probably only players wear in the vid! lol dumb***

Richardson and Edwards were donning the black hoodies, which one carried the weapon is not reported.

Jackson was the one that came up and told everyone it was time to go.

I hate to see any SEC school get a black mark, rather see every SEC school be ethically pure and for the competition to exceed any anywhere, including the NFL.

However, if this accelerates the removal of Loquacious Kantankerous, then this can only be good for the sport, the SEC, and everyone who loves this game.

And, yes, "kick them while their down" is perfectly acceptable behavior. After all, Gators spent nearly 90 years chasing their first conference championships, we know what being "down" is all about, and what it is liked to get kicked around while being there.

As long as you revel in having the least ethical, loud mouth coach in college football, you will get every kick you deserve. And you will get many more kicks that you may not deserve, but the kicker will enjoy delivering the kicks any way.

Go Gators!

This is not good. How could two young men with potential multi-million dollar futures do something so shortsighted and ruinous?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Because they, like so many others, have been led to believe they can "do no wrong". In high school they were probably given grades they didn't earn, allowed to do whatever without consequences, etc. Great talent, but I hope CLK kicks 'em off the team for good.

I think that Jackson's role in the crime is irrelevant. He was present during the commission of an armed robbery (if they are guilty) and no matter what he pleads to he should not be allowed to represent the University of Tennessee in any capacity. Kiffin needs a 'zero tolerance' policy, otherwise we are no better than Florida or Miami.

The only way he should let Jackson play again is if all the other parties testify that he was in the back imploring them to turn themselves in. Otherwise he is complicit.

In any case, there are too many kids that deserve a free education to allow people who take it for granted like this to get a pass.

Any leniency would be a slap in the face to the kids that pay there own way and bust their tails for UT, academically or otherwise.

I just wish people would stop calling them kids. Folks, they are 18 and legal adults and they should act like adults. I hate to see something like this happen as much as anyone, but please, they are young men, not kids.

I find it humorous that some of you are saying, "If found guilty, CLK needs to kick them off the team". If found guilty, which all initial signs point to a gigantic YES...CLK will have no choice, yes or no, in the matter. Armed Roberry??? Are you kidding....they won't have to worry about getting kicked out of school, they will have to worry about which Federal Prison they will inhabit.

Good job idiots...that a way to take a giant piss on your future!

Oh Wow! Federal Prison? Man not only could they going to prison but FEDERAL prison. WOOOO! Didn't know they had commited FEDERAL crime. So let me get this straight. The FEDS are coming to get them and going to bring them before the magistrate. Man that sounds like some hard time. :eek:lol:

Last edited:
Richardson and Edwards were donning the black hoodies, which one carried the weapon is not reported.

I hate to see any SEC school get a black mark, rather see every SEC school be ethically pure and for the competition to exceed any anywhere, including the NFL.

However, if this accelerates the removal of Loquacious Kantankerous, then this can only be good for the sport, the SEC, and everyone who loves this game.

And, yes, "kick them while their down" is perfectly acceptable behavior. After all, Gators spent nearly 90 years chasing their first conference championships, we know what being "down" is all about, and what it is liked to get kicked around while being there.

As long as you revel in having the least ethical, loud mouth coach in college football, you will get every kick you deserve. And you will get many more kicks that you may not deserve, but the kicker will enjoy delivering the kicks any way.

Go Gators!

Prove it. At least our coach didn't tell othe QB prospects that Tebow was going to be something other than a QB. Some of the mess he pulled at Utah isn't exactly kosher either....

I think that Jackson's role in the crime is irrelevant. He was present during the commission of an armed robbery (if they are guilty) and no matter what he pleads to he should not be allowed to represent the University of Tennessee in any capacity. Kiffin needs a 'zero tolerance' policy, otherwise we are no better than Florida or Miami.

The only way he should let Jackson play again is if all the other parties testify that he was in the back imploring them to turn themselves in. Otherwise he is complicit.

In any case, there are too many kids that deserve a free education to allow people who take it for granted like this to get a pass.

Any leniency would be a slap in the face to the kids that pay there own way and bust their tails for UT, academically or otherwise.

Unfotunately +1

Go Gators!

How many arrests has UF had the last few years?

has anyone read any kiffin comments on this? i see the big headline on volquest saying kiffin dealing with overnight incidents but i havent read any quote from anyone other than mike hamilton saying they are investigating the incident. anyone heard anything from Lane ???

Great, now I can't get any info because trolls are flooding the thread.

Bammers criticizing us when we recruit the same players and they had one that was dealing cocaine a couple of years ago, and Florida fans criticizing us when they had a player who used a dead girl's credit card and another who fired an AK47 while in a fight and several who have had drug/theft charges, when we also recruit the same players.

Self-righteous hypocrites.

I think that part of why some Gator and Bama fans are pointing the finger back is that a lot of Vols trolls wagged their fingers at UF & Bama when the events that you mentioned happened.

Generally, I think it's a bad idea to taunt other team's gan bases when these things happen because you you can be sure that the same type of thing, or worse, is going to come back to your team at some point.

Additionally, it wasn't a very good idea for Kiffin to wave the Nukeese & Jackson recruiting thing into the faces of Florida and LSU coaches either, for very similar reasons.

Beyond that, it's not good for the conference, or the sport in general when players commit these felonies. Nobody wins.

It's tragic that these three student-athletes threw so much away, regardless of whether or not they would have ended up as NFL material. They could have at a minimum gotten an education that could lead to a promising career. Instead, there is a higher likelihood of a career as criminals than of productive citizens, because the recidivism rate for convicted felons is pretty high.

But since it was a self-inflicted tragedy, they have no one to blame but themselves. Period.

I love their talent as much as anyone, but ALL have got to go! No room for this in a program that is changing.

Exactly, its frustrating that some people are trying to justify letting work himself back onto this team. If the facts are as we have heard them he should be gone. He was a hell of a player, but he was not just an innocent guy in this situation. Don't forget he was suspended for the Memphis game. So he has already been in trouble.

VN Store

Back