Jannah

I don't think basketball when I think of Jannah...... Don't care when she returns as much as I care for her...... as I am sure everyone else does...... Jannah you are my favorite Lady Vol !!!!! :) :) Rooting for you !!!

Reactions: 3 people
That will be gone by the Rutgers game. At that point, Holly will start Jordan, Ariel, Cierra, Bashaara and Izzy. Nared will get 10 minutes, Alexa 6 minutes, and Kortney DNP. Cierra will lead the team in minutes played at 35, and will finish with 2 points (a stunning 1-1 from the floor), 4 rebounds, 4 turnovers, 3 missed no look passes, 13 blown defensive assignments and 0 sideline chorus line dances (she saves those for RPI 100+ teams only) as Rutgers wins 74-60.

:lolabove:

We should make a song to the tune of The Twelve Days of Christmas. :)

So since it's halftime and we haven't seen her I suppose Jannah is serving more suspensions? Anyone heard how many more days she has to serve?

I wouldn't expect to see her against Rutgers. So Wichita State would be the next option.

i'd love to see Tucker in a game and stay out of trouble with the coach,she needs to work on getting out of Hollys doghouse in a big way and stay out of it

Reactions: 1 person
I wouldn't expect to see her against Rutgers. So Wichita State would be the next option.

According to Mickey tonight, she will
Be able to play against Rutgers. I'm sure though holly will work her in slowly and she prolly won't get many minutes unless she is just killin it

According to Mickey tonight, she will
Be able to play against Rutgers. I'm sure though holly will work her in slowly and she prolly won't get many minutes unless she is just killin it

Tennessee's starters struggled to score against Lipscomb...LIPSCOMB! This cruddy school didn't respect Tennessee's starting guards (combined 4 pts, 2-11 shooting, 0-5 from 3). If Jannah is available, no matter how rusty she is, she needs to play at least some minutes to help open up the inside game.

I hope that Holly does away with this platoon business and puts the five best players on the court to start this game: Ariel and Alexa need to be starting in the backcourt, and Izzy and Bashaara need to be starting in the frontcourt (I won't mention the wing, because I know it will be Jones or Burdick unfortunately...). Jannah needs time on the court, and save Andraya/Jordan for the latter part of the bench unless they can come in and score points.

Reactions: 3 people
Tennessee's starters struggled to score against Lipscomb...LIPSCOMB! This cruddy school didn't respect Tennessee's starting guards (combined 4 pts, 2-11 shooting, 0-5 from 3). If Jannah is available, no matter how rusty she is, she needs to play at least some minutes to help open up the inside game.

I hope that Holly does away with this platoon business and puts the five best players on the court to start this game: Ariel and Alexa need to be starting in the backcourt, and Izzy and Bashaara need to be starting in the frontcourt (I won't mention the wing, because I know it will be Jones or Burdick unfortunately...). Jannah needs time on the court, and save Andraya/Jordan for the latter part of the bench unless they can come in and score points.

I agree. Get jannah in there early and see what she can do. She could be that "go to" player we are lacking. I do agree as well that holly needs to put the best five out there. the five she started against lipscomb isn't the answer I don't think. I kno my opinion doesn't matter at all as far as who I'd like to see start, but from watching all the games my starting five would be massengale, Middleton, nared/tucker, graves and harrison. Then sub accordingly..of course holly will prolly go with the players she thinks are the best defensively which means jones and carter for sure will start. if this is the case, it's going to be another slow offensive start :(

I'm to a point of almost figuring out Holly. She still throws me a curve now and then but I am fairly certain she want play Jannah up at Rutgers. I expect we'll see a lot of Burdick, Reynolds, and Carter. I expect to see very little of Middleton and Nared. Dunbar want see a minute in that game. I look for Jannah to make her first appearance against Wichita State. Hopefully I'm wrong she is supposed to be a scorer and that is exactly what we need.

I look forward to seeing Jannah play..... hope it is a team effort..... and the offense is fluid...... want to see some assists and good offensive sets..... Let's go LV's!!!

If Ariel and Middleton were better, they would be starting. I just want Middleton to get more minutes. Ariel, yawns.

Let em play Holly, cos we know defense and rebounds win Championships. Once Jordan and Draya hit their groove like they did to close out last year, they'll be fine. Just need to get comfortable, running way more sets, way more action, you see a thinking team rather than a playing team. Our guards are thinking too much, rather than playing, they'll be fine but the question reminds can we get stops.

I mean for first month of practice all it was defense, cos you know when you go on the road, the rim changes, the gym changes, and teams if they stick to scanner report defense, it can be a challenge to get your points or spots. So, can we do the same to opposing team.

Jannah will apply pressure immediately at the 2 and the 3 spot for sure, neither spot has been claimed, which I think is a good thing, cos Jannah is naturally aggressive, a scorer, efficient too. Prolly one of the most aggressive or second most aggressive player on the team behind Jasmine Jones. Izzy is kinda nasty too.

Hopefully you got stronger cos you were a beast in high skewl, Jannah. Yes, I"m excited cos to me she was the best guard coming out of college that year with Gray and Deshields.

Last edited:
I'm to a point of almost figuring out Holly. She still throws me a curve now and then but I am fairly certain she want play Jannah up at Rutgers. I expect we'll see a lot of Burdick, Reynolds, and Carter. I expect to see very little of Middleton and Nared. Dunbar want see a minute in that game. I look for Jannah to make her first appearance against Wichita State. Hopefully I'm wrong she is supposed to be a scorer and that is exactly what we need.
What you are saying is Holly will pull one of these...
stock-photo-a-cartoon-turtle-peeks-out-from-inside-his-shell-96013265.jpg
I agree completely!:good!:

If Ariel and Middleton were better, they would be starting.

Ummmm this is Holly we're talking about.

And implying that Draya and Reynolds are both better than Ariel is laughable at best. Ariel is one of the only players that plays on offense like she isn't scared to death.

Reactions: 2 people
I was excited to see jannah get in the game, even if it was just for a few minutes. she could be something special, once she's shaken off the rust of not playing for awhile. I was disappointed that the announcers didnt even acknowledge her entry into the game

I was excited to see jannah get in the game, even if it was just for a few minutes. she could be something special, once she's shaken off the rust of not playing for awhile. I was disappointed that the announcers didnt even acknowledge her entry into the game

The Tennessee fans did!:clapping:

Ummmm this is Holly we're talking about.

And implying that Draya and Reynolds are both better than Ariel is laughable at best. Ariel is one of the only players that plays on offense like she isn't scared to death.

But cant defend worth a damn. She scores 12 maybe 15 but gives up 12 to 15 to an opposing guard. We call that a wash, after we watch film and calculate how many points a players gives up defense. Each player is graded ya know.

Rutgers game 4-12, I have never seen her play well against teams with elite guards beside Stanford but she wasn't defending em too much.

Reynolds scores 7 but gives you three extra possessions with steals, then rebound the basketball more possessions, then don't turnover the ball over too much. Reynolds grades well...I bet. Her offense will come, still thinking to much rather than playing.

The ceiling is so much higher for those two over Ariel. And I could be wrong, can she defend? The answer for the past three years, no. And she will actually walk on a closeout.

And Ariel started her career out the same way, scared to shoot. Reynolds will get better reynolds is learning 3/2, 4/1, 5 out. Ariel pretty much had one set 3/2 a lil 4/1. And missing all that time last year put her behind.

Ariel is ok. Right now she's moved up from being the 3 or 4th best guard on our team to 2 or 3. Keep it up Ariel.

I'm finally seeing the method behind Holly madness now, she'll be fine.

Last edited:
But cant defend worth a damn. She scores 12 maybe 15 but gives up 12 to 15 to an opposing guard. We call that a wash, after we watch film and calculate how many points a players gives up defense. Each player is graded ya know.

Rutgers game 4-12, I have never seen her play well against teams with elite guards beside Stanford but she wasn't defending em too much.

Reynolds scores 7 but gives you three extra possessions with steals, then rebound the basketball more possessions, then don't turnover the ball over too much. Reynolds grades well...I bet. Her offense will come, still thinking to much rather than playing.

The ceiling is so much higher for those two over Ariel. And I could be wrong, can she defend? The answer for the past three years, no. And she will actually walk on a closeout.

And Ariel started her career out the same way, scared to shoot. Reynolds will get better reynolds is learning 3/2, 4/1, 5 out. Ariel pretty much had one set 3/2 a lil 4/1. And missing all that time last year put her behind.

Ariel is ok. Right now she's moved up from being the 3 or 4th best guard on our team to 2 or 3. Keep it up Ariel.

I'm finally seeing the method behind Holly madness now, she'll be fine.

Agree with you there. That is why I kept saying all off season Reynolds should be the PG. Put Ariel at the two.

Holly is prolly making her earn it. I mean she was given the starting point guard spot her freshman year, that's when I knew something was wrong with Pat.

We've always had one solid defender at the guard spot, if our three spot was more dynamic, then we would be fine, with this lineup, e.g.we had Alexis Hornbucle played 1,2,3 wasn't a big scorer but was a lock-down defender.

Good coaches play guards who will defend first cos that's your frontline, it has to be protected if not, no matter what you run, it will suck.

Ariel will earn her spot back with her continued solid play. Plus, I like her off the bench.

Last edited:
The announcers talked about TN length and height, Stanford was taller than the LVs in three of five positions, not as athletic perhaps. The taller athletic guards applying defense was the difference.

The other question raised was how many players will play regularly to get use to each other, tendencies and reputations, versus playing defense and having the opportunity to rest = more players getting minutes. Less players is by theory a opportunity to improve offense. Remembering Pat's phrase by January we expect our freshmen to be playing like upper classmen.

VN Store

Back