James & Vescovi -- all in their hands

It's not an either/or situation. We've already won the SEC. The NCAA remains to be seen. Mashack contributed for us, sometimes in a big time manner. I wish Carr would have gotten more PT, but I am not the coach. You have too many either/or scenarios that aren't applicable
I disagree. If you don’t think Santi and JJJ were replaceable this season OR given less minutes, in favor of Carr and Mashack, then we are watching different games.

I do believe our record possibly could be a little worse with losses earlier in the year, but Carr is much much better than Santi and everyone has been screaming for more time for Mashack over JJJ.

After 20+ games of experience, Carr would have been a much better option for the tournament and Mashack is a better replacement for JJJ

I disagree. If you don’t think Santi and JJJ were replaceable this season OR given less minutes, in favor of Carr and Mashack, then we are watching different games.

I do believe our record possibly could be a little worse with losses earlier in the year, but Carr is much much better than Santi and everyone has been screaming for more time for Mashack over JJJ.

After 20+ games of experience, Carr would have been a much better option for the tournament and Mashack is a better replacement for JJJ
Sorry, but it's not binary

Vescovi knows the game very well. He is smart and will probably make a great coach. He doesn’t have the talent for the big games.

He and JJJ coming back hurt us imo. I think we could have developed Carr all season and had way more minutes for Mashack.

Carr had an opportunity to develop every time he practiced. Apparently he and Mashack didn’t develop enough to take JJJ’s, SV’s, and Gainey’s minutes.

Carr had an opportunity to develop every time he practiced. Apparently he and Mashack didn’t develop enough to take JJJ’s, SV’s, and Gainey’s minutes.
It’s why it’s an opinion board. I believe that Carr with a years worth of experience would be better this postseason than either JJJ or Santi. Especially offensively.

As sad as this is to say and as much as I LOVE those guys, I think Barnes and this team have learned how to win without them, their offensive production that is.

It’s why it’s an opinion board. I believe that Carr with a years worth of experience would be better this postseason than either JJJ or Santi. Especially offensively.

It’s my opinion that the TN staff watch the players practice dozens of hours every week and make sound decisions based on what they see on how to allocate minutes in games. There’s going to be a new banner hanging in the FCC/TBA validating their decisions.

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
It’s my opinion that the TN staff watch the players practice dozens of hours every week and make sound decisions based on what they see on how to allocate minutes in games. There’s going to be a new banner hanging in the FCC/TBA validating their decisions.
If you think we won a SEC regular season title BECAUSE of JJJ or Vescovi, then we are watching the games much much differently.

These guys start most games and play lots of minutes. They're both 5th year guys in the program. If anyone has a vested interest in achieving something this season, it's them.

They hold the fate of this year's team in their hands.

They can't disappear. We've got to see their best in this tournament.

Barnes has got to get both of them points early in the games. Run plays for them. Get them involved. They can't disappear.

If we can get double figure scoring outputs from JJJ and Vescovi against Texas tomorrow night, we will win easily.

Reactions: ttocswob
As sad as this is to say and as much as I LOVE those guys, I think Barnes and this team have learned how to win without them, their offensive production that is.
Yeah, but the margin of error is greatly reduced since they both went into the tank. If DK, Aidoo, and ZZ are all on we overcome. If one of those guys are off we go home in this tournament.

If you think we won a SEC regular season title BECAUSE of JJJ or Vescovi, then we are watching the games much much differently.
Maybe not because of them, but likely wouldn't have won it without them either. I agree with you to an extent about Carr offensively, but there is so much other stuff too. Listen to what the St. Peter's coach said about the details of how Tennessee plays

While he is certainly inconsistent offensively, JJJ had huge games at UK and at Bama that allowed us to win the regular season. If JJJ hits a 3 early, he can get hot on offense. Even still, he’s had 5+ rebounds in the last 6 games where he’s scored very little. He had 13 rebounds against Bama and 4 blocks against Auburn. He’s integral in what we do.

Reactions: terraceparkvol
Tonight is why JJJ plays. Still not great offensively although he was more aggressive. I thought the charge call was wrong, and he got fouled on another drive. But he had big rebounds and a huge drive and finally a late 3. Played like a 5th year senior.

VN Store

Back