James & Vescovi -- all in their hands

1200DPI

These guys start most games and play lots of minutes. They're both 5th year guys in the program. If anyone has a vested interest in achieving something this season, it's them.

They hold the fate of this year's team in their hands.

They can't disappear. We've got to see their best in this tournament.

Barnes has got to get both of them points early in the games. Run plays for them. Get them involved. They can't disappear.

These guys start most games and play lots of minutes. They're both 5th year guys in the program. If anyone has a vested interest in achieving something this season, it's them.

Barnes has got to get both of them points early in the games. Run plays for them. Get them involved. They can't disappear.
If the could disappear and score, that would be ideal, but it might not be allowed.

I've been hoping to myself for the whole season that these two would turn it into another gear as their career's were about to end. But then with the season championship on the line at USC, Vescovi scored 2, JJJ scores 8. Then the next game, which would be their last home game on senior night against our rival and Vescovi doesn't even score, JJJ had 8 points. Then its conference tourney time, and Vescovi scores 4, and JJJ had 0 and we are knocked out in gane 1. All three pivotal games in their own right and our senior duo couldn't put up more than a combined 10 points. All that to say, I've given up, thiugh I hope I'm wrong.

JJJ is a stud on defense but he never seems to get it done on offense. That has been his career here. He is the heart of our defense though and that is why he is the starter.

Not sure what is going on with Vescovi. Sounds like Barnes has really been trying to coach him up. Maybe it is a good sign and he is ready to explode.

Oh but they can. Hoping for the best, but I will say it again....I just don't trust this team.

Oh but they can. Hoping for the best, but I will say it again....I just don't trust this team.

Definitely understand that.

The one plus is we do have two very consistent players: Dalton Knecht and Zakai Zeigler.

Zeigler is a heck of a point guard, maybe the best we have had in a while and Dalton is a stud.

However, we don't have that big man center...

Zeigler and Knecht give me some hope. Aidoo and Mayshack can explode on people as well. Who knows, JJJ and Vescovi are due a big game and perhaps this is their shot. It is hard to down JJJ, though, because he makes MOST of the defensive plays and is very good on that side of the ball. He is just bad on the offensive side.

They just need double figure scoring and play their normal tough defense, thats enough from them.

Dissappear? I'm still waiting on Vescovi to appear.

JJJ has had some good games, but way too many no shows also.

Reactions: Rocky Top T

I think them feeling their backs against the wall in their last chance is a great thing.

Reactions: Sportslady
Theory they’ve been sandbagging all season and the new surprise wrinkle to the tourney they both come out and light it up for a surprise attack

No. JJJ is mediocre on offense but great on defense. That is what he brings.

Vescovi has confidence issues right now, it is clear. Guy is a great player but something is off. I can tell Barnes is trying to work with him. Hopefully he figures it out.

VN Store

Back