Jalen Hurd Video

According to some posters he was already in Heisman contention if not All American before he ever stepped on campus!

Most were just very excited to finally land one of the most highly rated RBs in the country after striking out at that position for many years.

Most recognized that he's an immensely talented young man who put up ridiculous stats as a junior and were doubly excited that he was an instate player ... don't recall reading any posts saying he would vie for the Heisman as a freshman.

Reactions: 3 people
Raise your arm straight up, palm facing the same way you are facing. Now move your arm backwards without bending or turning your hand. It probably starts to hurt after @ 6 inches of voluntary movement.
Now, add force of hitting the ground diving from 4 feet in the air at 220 lbs, more force with Def player and the force of the ball not moving when it hits the ground and pushing the arm abruptly back farther than its supposed to go.

Nice description. I winced reading that, didn't even have to actually try it.

I really don't get the Eddie George connections as far as running style goes. Sure, they have a similar height, but George's speed wasn't the same as Hurd's and George's running style was almost self-destructively physical. He'd go out of his way to run over defenders at times.

From Hurd's film, his running style is more in the vein of Erik Dickerson. I'm not saying he's as good or will put up the same numbers as the all time great, but his style is similar. He's a long strider and a galloper with deceptive shiftiness. He has the size and strength to run over defenders when he needs to, but why waste time when you run a 4.37 and can just elude them with superior athleticism?

Hurd has the athleticism to play TE or WR if he really wanted to. Eddie George never had that.

Reactions: 1 person
I really don't get the Eddie George connections as far as running style goes. Sure, they have a similar height, but George's speed wasn't the same as Hurd's and George's running style was almost self-destructively physical. He'd go out of his way to run over defenders at times.

From Hurd's film, his running style is more in the vein of Erik Dickerson. I'm not saying he's as good or will put up the same numbers as the all time great, but his style is similar. He's a long strider and a galloper with deceptive shiftiness. He has the size and strength to run over defenders when he needs to, but why waste time when you run a 4.37 and can just elude them with superior athleticism?

Hurd has the athleticism to play TE or WR if he really wanted to. Eddie George never had that.

100% dead on. Hurd is much quicker and faster than George ever was. Hurd's a slasher like Dickerson, not a plodder like George IMO.

I hope Hurd can come in here day 1 and be THE MAN. I mean how long has it been since we've had a freakishly good freshman athlete come in and be a COMPLETE stand out?

I hope Hurd can come in here day 1 and be THE MAN. I mean how long has it been since we've had a freakishly good freshman athlete come in and be a COMPLETE stand out?

In recent memory we had those freshmen Justin Hunter and Da'Rick Rogers, and the guy who threw to them, uh, yeah, Tyler Bray. So that's three and we still didn't do all that well on the field in terms of wins. I too have high hopes for JH but he's just one guy and he's neither Shazam or Superman. Hopefully, we field a team that makes him look like one of them, though.

Reactions: 1 person
all our running backs are going to need some mad blocking skills from the O line,that is going to tell how good they can be

Most recent is probably Berry. Webb, Lewis, Pickens, Cobb were all legit right out of the gate. (though some were RS)

He is running high because old habits die hard. That habit will die once AJ and Curt start laying the wood to him. Kid amazes me with the kind of speed has for his size. A faster Eddie George.

This kid has the chance to be something special. Keeping my fingers crossed

VN Store

Back