Jalen Hurd Video

he didn't say he is he said he looks ready. why not back off with the smart azz remarks he mat be excited about vols football

Because come August and Sept when Hurd sees limited playing time these same posters, saying he looks SEC ready in March, will be screaming their heads off at the coaching staff.

Reactions: 1 person
Because come August and Sept when Hurd sees limited playing time these same posters, saying he looks SEC ready in March, will be screaming their heads off at the coaching staff.

As embarassing as it is, if he doesnt completely steal the starting spot and rush for 1500 yards this year he'll start getting called a bust by our own fanbase, and then they will start saying he isnt "sec ready" or needs a position change to linebacker or something and put the same ridiculous expectations on someone that hasnt played a down yet like paulk or a new freshman only to be terribly disappointed again.

Reactions: 3 people
As embarassing as it is, if he doesnt completely steal the starting spot and rush for 1500 yards this year he'll start getting called a bust by our own fanbase, and then they will start saying he isnt "sec ready" or needs a position change to linebacker or something and put the same ridiculous expectations on someone that hasnt played a down yet like paulk or a new freshman only to be terribly disappointed again.

Ed Zachary!

My title tells you exactly what I think about my own comments. All the same;

1. Lane looks like he's not going to be Hurd-ed to the sidelines this season.

2. If Pig is gone, who's that I saw wearing number 2?

3. Rifleman looked good throwing. Pumpkin Eater didn't seem comfortable. Whirlybird about the same. But where was the Dobb Goblin?

4. I'd expect to see fewer dropped passes from our 2nd year WRs so was surprised at seeing juggling and drops by the likes of Croom and others. Probably unfair judgment as practices are still just started.

5. Some OL aren't giving the 6-3 effort. Again, probably unfair judgment as practices are still just started.

6. Hurd looks fast as someone said but he better get lower. Remember what happened to Lattimore and not just that hit our guy put on him. He'd been knocked out of games before, I think a knee injury previously. Hurd' got to get lower but I know he is going to be a galloper like Dickerson and not a Bull of the Woods like Jim Taylor or a burrowing warthog like John Riggins.

DB D'Andre Payne is #2, so it might very well be him that you're seeing.

Is Hurd's shoulder healed enough to start taking some contact in practice? I haven't heard anything about his shoulder lately

The whole point of him missing his senior year for surgery was for him to be ready for spring practice. I doubt the coaches would have him out there if it wasn't good.

To tall to short at certain positions doesn't matter. The HOF has a number of players that were'' to this or to that". :yes:

My title tells you exactly what I think about my own comments. All the same;

1. Lane looks like he's not going to be Hurd-ed to the sidelines this season.

2. If Pig is gone, who's that I saw wearing number 2?

3. Rifleman looked good throwing. Pumpkin Eater didn't seem comfortable. Whirlybird about the same. But where was the Dobb Goblin?

4. I'd expect to see fewer dropped passes from our 2nd year WRs so was surprised at seeing juggling and drops by the likes of Croom and others. Probably unfair judgment as practices are still just started.

5. Some OL aren't giving the 6-3 effort. Again, probably unfair judgment as practices are still just started.

6. Hurd looks fast as someone said but he better get lower. Remember what happened to Lattimore and not just that hit our guy put on him. He'd been knocked out of games before, I think a knee injury previously. Hurd' got to get lower but I know he is going to be a galloper like Dickerson and not a Bull of the Woods like Jim Taylor or a burrowing warthog like John Riggins.

The most effective backs hit the LOS with those knees bouncing off their face mask, now thats getting low! :yes: :yes:

I love how theyre listening to Gap Band-"You dropped a bomb on me" at practice

Let em shout I say...A DAY WITHOUT NOISE IS LIKE A DAY WITHOUT SUNSHINE! :aggressive:
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Tee Martin said Hurd was soft. Also, he has had surgery on the same shoulder twice in his career. The one to watch who is not on campus yet is Scott. If you watch his videos on scout.com he looks like the second comming of Chuck Webb. Stay tuned.

Hurd hurt his shoulder when a player fell on him while his arm was completely extended. It wasn't him hitting or getting hit.

He did pack a punch the whole game after he was injured, so toughness won't be an issue.

Above is correct. His arm moved in a way its not supposed to. Full extended, player coming down on him and ball in his hand. The arm isn't supposed to make that move without wrist movement or turning the hand. I watched that game. He still came in full speed from safety every play and was playing with one arm.

Above is correct. His arm moved in a way its not supposed to. Full extended, player coming down on him and ball in his hand. The arm isn't supposed to make that move without wrist movement or turning the hand. I watched that game. He still came in full speed from safety every play and was playing with one arm.

Bam...that's the thing that I remember about him and that game. He got hurt almost from the get and was still laying the wood on defense. Soft he ain't.

VN Store

Back