Jabari McGhee's Injury Update

We're going into the 3rd week and Jabari's progress is coming along. Still has a little bit of infection so he has to take more antibiotics. That's largely due to him getting his foot wet during showers.

He's going to the treatment room and getting good medical attention. He's also doing some upper body weight training while he's away from the court.

Now if we can just keep him off that foot, but that's highly unlikely since classes start this week. :eek:hmy:

We're going into the 3rd week and Jabari's progress is coming along. Still has a little bit of infection so he has to take more antibiotics. That's largely due to him getting his foot wet during showers.

He's going to the treatment room and getting good medical attention. He's also doing some upper body weight training while he's away from the court.

Now if we can just keep him off that foot, but that's highly unlikely since classes start this week. :eek:hmy:

Good luck with all of it. UT has some great doctors. I'm sure he'll be back on both feet before too long.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm ill informed. Is his injury serious enough to even consider a RS this year? Huge hit for this team if he can't return this year.

Yes, he has a fractured rt. foot. He had surgery and the doctor put a pin in it. A Medical Redshirt is an option. We'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Yes, he has a fractured rt. foot. He had surgery and the doctor put a pen in it. A Medical Redshirt is an option. We'll just have to wait and see.

Prayers for the young man. Better safe than sorry. Speedy recovery.

You can tell by his comments was just as impressed with Jabari's time at Hargrave as VolNation has been with his time at Tennessee. I cannot wait to see him on the court again and you tell him SeniorDrill said so!

Will do SD!

Tennessee guard Ian Chiles will have season-ending surgery; Braxton Bonds

Quote from Ben Frederickson's latest article

Per CDT..
"“He will probably be out the remainder of the season, although we are not positive about that,” Tyndall said of McGhee.

“If he doesn’t come back in the next three or four weeks, which is doubtful, then we will probably end up redshirting him.”

Last edited:

Dang it! Dooley is barely out the door and our guys are getting infections in the showers! We can't catch a break!

True. I think we dodged a bullet with Hurd, Dobbs, Barnett, etc. It's on the upper class men to pass on those lessons to the young guys.

AP Quote: Volunteers coach Donnie Tyndall said Friday that he plans to redshirt McGhee, a 6-foot-8 freshman from Albany, Georgia. Tyndall said he thinks McGhee has a "bright future" and that "I don't want to jeopardize one year over three, four, five games." :eek:k:

Reactions: 3 people
Can anyone enlighten me as to why we had to apply for a medical RS for Hubbs last year, and iirc were denied it, yet it's Tyndall's choice to RS McGhee?

VN Store

Back