Jabari McGhee's Injury Update

AuntiDee, you and JabbyCus keep his spirits up knowing that all of the Vol nation is wishing him well. I know that he will attack his rehab as hard as he does the boards.

I screenshot every message and sent it to him via text! He was elated and thanked each and everyone for their concerns and prayers! Please keep him in your prayers! Volnation...BE BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE!!!! GO VOLS!
I ❤❤❤❤ VOLNATION! YOU ALL ARE AWESOME!

Reactions: 2 people
I think it's no more than 30% of the games and none allowed in the second 50%. Jabari played in all 8 so far and 22 remain. That's 26.7%.

Anyone familiar enough with the rules to know if this is an option?

Get well soon...his play will be sorely missed! There's no "next man" to be up?

Yes, he is eligible. 6-8 weeks takes him into February with no guarantee of being at full-strength by that point, and his conditioning will surely suffer as a result. IMO, a redshirt is in his best interest. No reason to return at less than 100% with risk of further injury to play when our season's fate will likely be already decided.

Now, if by some chance we are in significantly better shape record-wise at the time of his return than I expect us to be, and his presence is the difference in potentially making the NCAA tournament, then maybe you consider bringing him back. I just see no advantage in rushing him back to play for a .500 or worse basketball team in early to mid-February.

The tricky part of that will be that our schedule seems backloaded with strong teams, so we may have a false impression of our team midway through the first half of the SEC schedule. We play LSU, UK, @UF, @Ole Miss, @Vandy, @LSU, and @UGA all in our final 10 games.

Yes, he is eligible. 6-8 weeks takes him into February with no guarantee of being at full-strength by that point, and his conditioning will surely suffer as a result. IMO, a redshirt is in his best interest. No reason to return at less than 100% with risk of further injury to play when our season's fate will likely be already decided.

Now, if by some chance we are in significantly better shape record-wise at the time of his return than I expect us to be, and his presence is the difference in potentially making the NCAA tournament, then maybe you consider bringing him back. I just see no advantage in rushing him back to play for a .500 or worse basketball team in early to mid-February.

The tricky part of that will be that our schedule seems backloaded with strong teams, so we may have a false impression of our team midway through the first half of the SEC schedule. We play LSU, UK, @UF, @Ole Miss, @Vandy, @LSU, and @UGA all in our final 10 games.

If he is red shirted, will he be able to play a few minutes in a game after his 6-8 weeks? Or will he have to ride the bench for the rest of the year?

Bench rest of the year.

OH WELL!!! That means he will come back a PURE MONSTER, surpassing the JUNKYARD DOG, with a VENGEANCE!!! He has never, I MEAN NEVER, been hurt and had to stay out for more than 1 game. He even played on a sprung ankle! I know how he operates and when he comes back, HE WILL HAVE A CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER! BE READY!!!!:superman:

OH WELL!!! That means he will come back a PURE MONSTER, surpassing the JUNKYARD DOG, with a VENGEANCE!!! He has never, I MEAN NEVER, been hurt and had to stay out for more than 1 game. He even played on a sprung ankle! I know how he operates and when he comes back, HE WILL HAVE A CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER! BE READY!!!!:superman:
Jabby, Jabari will get through this minor setback just fine. That year he spent at Hargrave Military Academy will serve him well. You already see that in his character. We ain't gonna win a National Championship this year, but with another year with Jabari if it comes to that, look out!!

Reactions: 1 person
Jabby, Jabari will get through this minor setback just fine. That year he spent at Hargrave Military Academy will serve him well. You already see that in his character. We ain't gonna win a National Championship this year, but with another year with Jabari if it comes to that, look out!!

YES...HIS ULTIMATE GOAL!!!! SD, THANK YOU! IF you say it, I can believe it! :good!:

If he is red shirted, will he be able to play a few minutes in a game after his 6-8 weeks? Or will he have to ride the bench for the rest of the year?

Unfortunately, he'd have to sit. Medical redshirt assumes that you suffer an injury that essentially costs you the rest of your season.

Reactions: 1 person
Let's get this statement out the way NOW..... I DO NOT THINK JABARI IS SO AWESOME (or the 2nd coming of Jordan..lollol) THAT HE WILL BRING THE VOLS A CHAMPIONSHIP! HOWEVER, I AM VERY OPTIMISTIC ABOUT THE VOLS GETTING A CHAMPIONSHIP! I cant say when or with whom but hopefully, with this crew and a few new additions!

I love to hear that someone else has the optimism that I have about the VOLS BASKETBALL TEAM ( the whole athletic dept. for that matter)! I Hope that everyone else gets on the VOL TRAIN and lets ride with them (good or bad)! We have a young team with a lot of potential, in which they have shown early in the season! Yes, they have some weight to gain, some foul issues, some FT deficiencies, a PG needed and at least 2 SOLID 3 pointers (I guess) but we need to all encourage them to work on their weaknesses and give them that VOL FAN SUPPORT they need!
So, if you mention ANYTHING with the words "VOLS" and "CHAMPIONSHIP" in the same sentence and it is a POSTIVE statement, I'm behind you 100%!
OAN: I'm ready for the game tonight!!!! WE need this "W"! I believe we will get this "W"!

First let me say thank you to Volnation for all of Jabari's well wishes and support. We have just gotten word from UT's doctors. He does have a fifth metatarsal fracture.

Jabari is unsure how this all happened. But this type of fracture is usually the result of an injury in which the ankle rolls.

The doctors have concluded that the quickest and safest way to recovery is to repair the bone through surgery. Therefore, Jabari will undergo outpatient surgery tomorrow and they will place a small pin in his foot.

He will require some therapy and is expected to be off the court for the next 6-8 weeks. All decisions concerning his future after this period will be made at a later date. When I know something other than what I am telling you here I promise you guys will hear it first.

Jabari is upbeat and in good spirits. He said to thank you for support and that he will still be on the sideline cheering...Go Vols!

Thanks Dee! Tell him we are praying for a speedy and healthy recovery!

I hope all goes well and he has a speedy recovery. I for one was encouraged by his play this year and think his future is bright.

Thanks everyone. He's in surgery at this moment and should be on the road to recovery soon!

Tell Jabari.....my daughter broke her pinkie toe.....taped it to the other toe and kept playing.....tell him if a 11 yr old girl can play with it then he needs to man up...lol I'm just kidding.....hers didn't require surgery so I'm sure his was a much worse break. Good luck on recovery.....all of volnation will miss him.

First let me say thank you to Volnation for all of Jabari's well wishes and support. We have just gotten word from UT's doctors. He does have a fifth metatarsal fracture.

Jabari is unsure how this all happened. But this type of fracture is usually the result of an injury in which the ankle rolls.

The doctors have concluded that the quickest and safest way to recovery is to repair the bone through surgery. Therefore, Jabari will undergo outpatient surgery tomorrow and they will place a small pin in his foot.

He will require some therapy and is expected to be off the court for the next 6-8 weeks. All decisions concerning his future after this period will be made at a later date. When I know something other than what I am telling you here I promise you guys will hear it first.

Jabari is upbeat and in good spirits. He said to thank you for support and that he will still be on the sideline cheering...Go Vols!

Thanks for the update. I had a couple screws placed in my leg after my first practice, my second year. Getting used to the foreign object in your body takes some adjusting, but it's probably best for him.
Here's hoping he recovers quickly.

Surgery went well and he's back at Vol Hall resting. He Stayed awake long enough to ask his dad about the game. We were losing by six at the half then. Hopefully he caught a better 2nd half before dozing off again.

Way to tuff it out team...Go Vols!

Reactions: 3 people
Surgery went well and he's back at Vol Hall resting. He Stayed awake long enough to ask his dad about the game. We were losing by six at the half then. Hopefully he caught a better 2nd half before dozing off again.

Way to tuff it out team...Go Vols!

Go VOLS!!!!

I was worried about letting this one get away with the lineup reshufflment. High character guys to keep fighting and getting this W tonight.

VN Store

Back