Its Time

Boston would be perfect for Bruce.

Knoxville is perfect for Bruce. CCM just doesn't bring the "it" factor that Bruce sprinkled among his players. CCM is a fine man but his coaching is as emotive as a slug. CBJ has brought some real excitement back to football and with this recruiting class, the wins will surely come. The best thing this admin could do is double down at this point and bring back Bruce. The combination of Jones and Pearl as the faces of UT sports would generate unparalleled excitement not just with the fan base - but also with recruits. It's time.

Reactions: 1 person
I wish, Mr. Hart, to express the feelings with which I vote for the dismissal of Coach Martin from the University of Tennessee; and to state, in a few words, the reasons that impel me to this act.

I feel impelled, Mr. Hart, to vote for this Act by an overruling necessity. Earlier this year I was convinced that the Tennessee would be compelled either to separate from Martin, by dissolving the contract of the UT staff, or they would be compelled to abolish the institution of high ticket prices for a poo poo product and bring back the black curtain. This, in my judgment, was the only alternative; and I foresaw that the administration would be compelled, at some day, to make her selection. The day has now come, and Tennessee must make her selection, either to separate from Coach Martin, and assume the position of a university that is tired of losing in such miserable fashion, or she must submit to a system of policy that will drive the fans further away to the point no one even shouts MONEY on a three.

I have hesitated long before I have given the vote I now intend to give. If the destruction of this team entailed on us just a few losses a year, I could bear it, for I have seen these losses and felt its sting. But firing Martin, Mr. Hart, would be one of the least of the evils that would befall us. History gives us no account of the exodus of such an importance. We neither have a place to which to remove them to, nor the means of such removal. They therefore must remain with us according to those who "know." We ourselves would become demoralized and degraded if we are forced to watch this product on the court year after year. The former result of Buzz Peterson would take place, and we ourselves would become the walking dead of fanhood. This being the alternative, I cannot hesitate for a moment what my duty is. I must separate from the individuals that remain on the side of Coach Martin, the one under which I have lived, and under which I wished to die. But I must do my duty to the VolNation and my fellow fans; and humanity, in my judgment, demands that Tennessee should separate herself from the Coach Martin era.
If I am wrong in this responsible act, I hope all will forgive me; for I am not actuated, as I think, from any motive save that of justice and philanthropy!
Maybe you should have said:
STRONG IS YOUR HEART Deadly is your effrontery That stands side by side with ground; Like lion roaring upon its prey So you wear the toga of a beast And on megaphone you teach : Robbers are not defficient in gut. You scared me, You indeed scared me Barabbas; With a finger you kill shame With nine you pamper vice; Tell me,what do you do When you walk on the streets And flies troop after your path? I say what do you do When dogs bark at what is beneath your gown? When the whistle is blown and all eyes stare at you, How do you cope Barabbas? Strong is your heart; Like an ant you murder conscience And nation you murder like a fly; The gulf you inflict on both cries And the salt from its tears Is the spice in your soup Barabbas

Seth Davis dropped those names in January.
Nothing etched in stone in the article.
Even said if he gets good at broadcasting, he may stay there.

The poster said it was reported yesterday, so I'm guessing it was something besides Davis' article, or he's making it up.

The poster said it was reported yesterday, so I'm guessing it was something besides Davis' article, or he's making it up.

Reported by Mack McCarthy on the his basketball show out of Virginia Beach I think: but somewhere in Virginia. I think the station is WGOW. BTO you have seen me enough on here to know I don't go around making stuff up. We may not agree but I don't make up stuff out of thin air.

Reported by Mack McCarthy on the his basketball show out of Virginia Beach I think: but somewhere in Virginia. I think the station is WGOW. BTO you have seen me enough on here to know I don't go around making stuff up. We may not agree but I don't make up stuff out of thin air.

So it was something he said on his radio show?

Not discrediting, but couldn't this be like ainge and the BBB talk? His job is to get listeners, right?

Knoxville is perfect for Bruce. CCM just doesn't bring the "it" factor that Bruce sprinkled among his players. CCM is a fine man but his coaching is as emotive as a slug. CBJ has brought some real excitement back to football and with this recruiting class, the wins will surely come. The best thing this admin could do is double down at this point and bring back Bruce. The combination of Jones and Pearl as the faces of UT sports would generate unparalleled excitement not just with the fan base - but also with recruits. It's time.

If you really like Coach Jones and you want the football team to have success, the last thing you would do is bring back Pearl.

I appreciate what Coach Pearl did on the court, it was a good ride. Off the court, letting the inmates run the asylum, been there done that and have no desire to bring it back.

If you really like Coach Jones and you want the football team to have success, the last thing you would do is bring back Pearl.

I appreciate what Coach Pearl did on the court, it was a good ride. Off the court, letting the inmates run the asylum, been there done that and have no desire to bring it back.

Im confused but how would pearl hurt the football team?

Bringing Bruce back will not happen, but I get it why people want him back. He sparked an interest in the program no other Coach had done. Face it until he got there UT Mens Bball was considered a grave yard job. Devoe had a boring style and when the shot clock came his career was over, Houston couldn't recruit and to go 5-22 in his 5th season was totally unacceptable, then came ONeill who had issues with his Boss, then bolted. Green had talent, but just never knew what to do with it and Buzz never was able to bring a buzz into the program. Bruce changed that aspect of the program. Got kids interested and didn't do bad recruiting. Then he had a cookout and it went all down hill. Unfortunately CCM doesn't have the charisma like Pearl did. The program looks like it did during the 90's. If this is the last season I hope the powers that be take a peek at one of the Duke assistants. Those guys tend to do well and come from success. Not an endorsement or a Duke fan just looking at what some of the current guys are doing.

Bringing Bruce back will not happen, but I get it why people want him back. He sparked an interest in the program no other Coach had done. Face it until he got there UT Mens Bball was considered a grave yard job. Devoe had a boring style and when the shot clock came his career was over, Houston couldn't recruit and to go 5-22 in his 5th season was totally unacceptable, then came ONeill who had issues with his Boss, then bolted. Green had talent, but just never knew what to do with it and Buzz never was able to bring a buzz into the program. Bruce changed that aspect of the program. Got kids interested and didn't do bad recruiting. Then he had a cookout and it went all down hill. Unfortunately CCM doesn't have the charisma like Pearl did. The program looks like it did during the 90's. If this is the last season I hope the powers that be take a peek at one of the Duke assistants. Those guys tend to do well and come from success. Not an endorsement or a Duke fan just looking at what some of the current guys are doing.

Needs to be a young guy or a guy that brings a ton of energy. Rick Byrd could have been good 7 years ago, but he's too old now. I would like to see Pitino Jr. I will also advocate Will Wade at UTC until I'm blue in the face or he gets a high major job. Dude can coach, although wouldn't be a hire that would excite people.

Im confused but how would pearl hurt the football team?

As fans, we tend to think of the sports as separate, but the athletes are friends...Ramar Smith and Brent Vinson for example.

The culture has been changed successfully or at least it appears to have been changed.

Anyone who thinks the NCAA won't set up a permanent shop where ever Bruce goes is kidding themselves.

As fans, we tend to think of the sports as separate, but the athletes are friends...Ramar Smith and Brent Vinson for example.

The culture has been changed successfully or at least it appears to have been changed.

Anyone who thinks the NCAA won't set up a permanent shop where ever Bruce goes is kidding themselves.

You are reaching with that analysis.

Athletes being bad influences on other athletes and I dont agree with the being afraid of the NCAA either.

As for the NCAA, we can agree to disagree.

Trying to paint what was going on in Knoxville at the time of Kiffin and Pearl as frat boy peer pressure...that's an inaccurate portrait and quite a stretch of your own.

As for the NCAA, we can agree to disagree.

Trying to paint what was going on in Knoxville at the time of Kiffin and Pearl as frat boy peer pressure...that's an inaccurate portrait and quite a stretch of your own.

You bring in highly touted players and you are going to have some screw up.....its happened with every coach in america.

So it was something he said on his radio show?

Not discrediting, but couldn't this be like ainge and the BBB talk? His job is to get listeners, right?

I think McCarthy was a guest on the show and the subject was brought up. He should be able to give a little inside info since he was a D1 coach for a lot of years. At one time he coached at UTC.

I think McCarthy was a guest on the show and the subject was brought up. He should be able to give a little inside info since he was a D1 coach for a lot of years. At one time he coached at UTC.

Just saying, I did a quick search when I saw your post and saw nothing. If that was true wouldn't that be out there?

I've seen no verified reports of Bruce having contact with anyone, just Bama fans calling in, which is no different than UT fans calling into ainge.

You bring in highly touted players and you are going to have some screw up.....its happened with every coach in america.

If you think the frequency in which there were "screw ups" during Pearl and Kiffin's tenures are the norm across America then you're in freaking denial.

Was a good coAch too

Just saying, I did a quick search when I saw your post and saw nothing. If that was true wouldn't that be out there?

I've seen no verified reports of Bruce having contact with anyone, just Bama fans calling in, which is no different than UT fans calling into ainge.

didn't say Bruce had contact with anyone just that Coach McCarthy said schools both inside the SEC and outside the SEC had contacted the NCAA about the ramifications of hiring him and the current restrictions on him. As I understand it his attorney is trying to get recruiting restrictions to expire in April as opposed to August.

VN Store

Back