Its Time

You wanna know what I hope...I hope we make the dance, some school calls about Martin and we let him go.

Everyone would be happy IMO.

I'd do cartwheels, but I know that will never happen. UT made its own bed with bad hires from the incompetent administration and they get to lie in it and wallow in it until the scabs heal.

Does the difference really matter? Simply making the tournament is good for the Davidsons of the world. A team with talent, depth and experience like UT should have higher aspirations.

See Hart's quote about making the tourney is the goal...if you have an issue with that mindset take it up with the AD, and not necessarily the coach.

I'd do cartwheels, but I know that will never happen. UT made its own bed with bad hires from the incompetent administration and they get to lie in it and wallow in it until the scabs heal.

Right, so maybe people should be starting threads about firing Hart instead?

Right, so maybe people should be starting threads about firing Hart instead?

Did Hart hire Martin? The incompetent administration has to do with the cluster***** that has been known as the UTAD after Joe Johnson left. I know you were still in diapers when all of this happened, but UT hasn't been the same since he left. It's been one colossal joke after another since then.

Did Hart hire Martin? The incompetent administration has to do with the cluster***** that has been known as the UTAD after Joe Johnson left. I know you were still in diapers when all of this happened, but UT hasn't been the same since he left. It's been one colossal joke after another since then.

No, but Hart's in charge now and letting this happen, no? If we miss the dance and Hart retains him, how is that acceptable, and what message does that send to the fanbase?

No, but Hart's in charge now and letting this happen, no? If we miss the dance and Hart retains him, how is that acceptable, and what message does that send to the fanbase?

Firing anyone in the middle of the season is stupid unless a coach does something beyond the pale. Unless Hart pulls the plug this year, Martin will leave Hart no choice after next year unless he pulls a rabbit out of his hat.

Firing anyone in the middle of the season is stupid unless a coach does something beyond the pale. Unless Hart pulls the plug this year, Martin will leave Hart no choice after next year unless he pulls a rabbit out of his hat.

I'm not suggesting firing him mid year am I?

Like I said, if Martin missed the dance and hart retains him, what message does that send? You've already mentioned declining interest and attendance falls, Hart is good with that?

If so isn't he maybe the bigger problem?

I'm not suggesting firing him mid year am I?

Like I said, if Martin missed the dance and hart retains him, what message does that send? You've already mentioned declining interest and attendance falls, Hart is good with that?

If so isn't he maybe the bigger problem?

Hart has been here what, about 2.5 years? He hasn't been given long enough to gauge what kind of AD he will be. Martin's firing will come down to his buyout and what UT wants to eat. If I'm Hart, there is no reason not to delay the inevitable, but he has a lot of people to answer to. It's not as cut and dried as some people make it out to be. However, it's obvious Martin isn't going to cut it. They need to work a deal where it benefits both parties. The sooner the better.

Hart has been here what, about 2.5 years? He hasn't been given long enough to gauge what kind of AD he will be. Martin's firing will come down to his buyout and what UT wants to eat. If I'm Hart, there is no reason not to delay the inevitable, but he has a lot of people to answer to. It's not as cut and dried as some people make it out to be. However, it's obvious Martin isn't going to cut it. They need to work a deal where it benefits both parties. The sooner the better.

So you're saying the people he has to answer to, boosters I assume are in that group, would pressure Hart to retain Martin?

Interesting.

So you're saying the people he has to answer to, boosters I assume are in that group, would pressure Hart to retain Martin?

Interesting.

No, I'm saying the idiots in the admin would suggest he keep him based on where they stand with their books. In case you forgot, we're not making hand over fist like Bama right now.

Interesting.

Not the boosters but the UT administration is all in with Coach Martin and they don't want to look like they messed up when they hired him. I think he will be here next year no matter what happens the rest of this season.

No, I'm saying the idiots in the admin would suggest he keep him based on where they stand with their books. In case you forgot, we're not making hand over fist like Bama right now.

So there won't be boosters frustrated enough that they're willing to step up and spend some money?

I was led to believe these boosters told Hart they'll pay everything necessary in order to get Bruce back.

Not the boosters but the UT administration is all in with Coach Martin and they don't want to look like they messed up when they hired him. I think he will be here next year no matter what happens the rest of this season.

So like I've said, maybe the administration is the bigger problem.

So there won't be boosters frustrated enough that they're willing to step up and spend some money?

I was led to believe these boosters told Hart they'll pay everything necessary in order to get Bruce back.

Well you better know who has the right information and who doesn't.

Like I said, if Martin missed the dance and hart retains him, what message does that send?

That's an interesting question. Seems like most want to treat Martin like Kevin O'Neil, you got your three years.

Kevin O'Neil was a jerk. He never had a winning team. His W/L % at UT was .434. He had two seasons where he won 11 games...11!

Folks want to treat Martin worse than Buzz (4 years) and Wade Houston(5 years).

The message is pretty clear to the next coach.

19, 20 wins won't cut it, make the dance in year one or two or the natives will get restless.

After your first loss, the chant for Pearl will begin and it will last until you make a final four, no matter how many times you get to the dance.

Why must dismissing Martin require only rehiring Bruce? When will UT fans realize he will never be rehired at UT?

Bruce will be back, mark my words. The question is whether he's coaching on our bench or our opponent's?

Bruce will be back, mark my words. The question is whether he's coaching on our bench or our opponent's?

Looks like it will be on an opponent's bench. Its being reported today that several schools have asked the NCAA about the possibility of hiring Bruce. Two are in conference rumoured to include Alabama. Boston College is one of the out of conference teams and since Bruce is a Boston guy and grad it might be the perfect place for him.

Looks like it will be on an opponent's bench. Its being reported today that several schools have asked the NCAA about the possibility of hiring Bruce. Two are in conference rumoured to include Alabama. Boston College is one of the out of conference teams and since Bruce is a Boston guy and grad it might be the perfect place for him.

Boston would be perfect for Bruce.

Where was this reported?

Reactions: 1 person

Considering the way you spelled rumored, you must be British. This rumor must have been printed in the British media because it certainly isn't being reported in America.

In other words, your post is nothing but fantasy.

VN Store

Back