• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

It's time for a change

Surprised that this name doesn’t pop up more often. Kimmie signed on for what, $3M per over ten years, plus incentives? I think we could do that!
I would call Dawn Staley first who will resoundingly say no. Becky Hammon would be my second call, and again I’d offer enough money to force her to say no. I really do trust Danny White that he will make the move that’s right for the program rather than something just to satisfy the masses.

Two more thoughts for a coaching change. Jose Fernandez, really good and tough coach. Good recruiter, but most of his recruits are from Europe. He has a lot of people scouting for him over there, and what he gets are pretty good players, usually playing pro.
The second is a risk only because she is young and at a mid-major. Fairfield University is having a fantastic season, and their second-year coach seems to be very good. Her dad is legendary WNBA coach Mike Thibault., so the genes are very good in the family, as his son is the head coach of the Washington Mystics of the WNBA. Obviously, research has to be done, but they may be candidates that should get a look. Her name is Carly Thibault-DuDonis.

Throw some real money at Becky Hammon. Lady Vols will be back where they should be very quickly.

This is a pipe dream for me. I would die to have Becky in Knoxville. I don’t see her leaving pro sports though. Maybe, but I feel like if she wanted to coach college she already would be.

Maybe for the right job….Candace and Nikki help us out!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
1) Wasn’t Fruendt hired to facilitate NIL for the team?
2) Does she work for Kellie or AD White?

Not a good hire imo. I’m sure Liza is nice but that’s not who we need facilitating NIL. She’s got MO State connections not Tennessee connections.

Would have rather seen Keyen Green in that role if she was going to hire a former player.

Not a good hire imo. I’m sure Liza is nice but that’s not who we need facilitating NIL. She’s got MO State connections not Tennessee connections.

Would have rather seen Keyen Green in that role if she was going to hire a former player.
One question, does Danny White make this decision on his own? There should be a search committee charged with making a decision like that, especially if he is willing to turn over big bucks. The committee usually has a couple of coaches of other sports, plus somebody from the University Board of Directors. Too much is at stake for this decision to be a one-man job.

Two more thoughts for a coaching change. Jose Fernandez, really good and tough coach. Good recruiter, but most of his recruits are from Europe. He has a lot of people scouting for him over there, and what he gets are pretty good players, usually playing pro.
The second is a risk only because she is young and at a mid-major. Fairfield University is having a fantastic season, and their second-year coach seems to be very good. Her dad is legendary WNBA coach Mike Thibault., so the genes are very good in the family, as his son is the head coach of the Washington Mystics of the WNBA. Obviously, research has to be done, but they may be candidates that should get a look. Her name is Carly Thibault-DuDonis.
she sounds like a up and comer has been in sec, acc, recruiting coordinator been involved in a lot things

Reactions: chuckiepoo
You may or may not take future recruits into consideration, but we have the best player we've gotten since Jordan Horston (and Rickea) coming in 25 in Nyla Brooks. She is undoubtably the kind of elite we desperately need. And she's fully, madly devoted to Kellie Harper. 25 is a year of huge roster transition already with next year being Sr laden. If we lose Brooks, whoever comes in 25 will be looking at a really bare cupboard. That might influence who would want the job.

This stuff is complicated, which is why the AD doesn't just stack boxes on the coach's desk one night and send security to walk them out.
9EB4F9B0-32E6-45AE-9E07-95E69C29230D.jpeg

If there is a staff shakeup to extend her tenure, does she fire her husband as part of that shakeup?
Does he report to the AD? (Iowa's coach's son (football) did because of nepotism rules. He did get fired but still hung around. I suppose he's working for free, or collecting a buyout?)

One question, does Danny White make this decision on his own? There should be a search committee charged with making a decision like that, especially if he is willing to turn over big bucks. The committee usually has a couple of coaches of other sports, plus somebody from the University Board of Directors. Too much is at stake for this decision to be a one-man job.
Danny is a firm search AD. Only someone as out of touch as Dave Hart believes he doesn’t need one.

I see some suggesting we should call Dawn Staley. I’m not saying it’s not worth calling her, but is there something I’m not aware of to suggest she would seriously consider coming here? Seems like it would be a near impossible sell with what she has going at South Carolina. Resembles how a lot of folks felt like we could go backup the brinks truck to whatever football coach we wanted and he’d say yes…until that didn’t work over and over and over again.

Reactions: ATLVOLFAN01
I would call Dawn Staley first who will resoundingly say no. Becky Hammon would be my second call, and again I’d offer enough money to force her to say no. I really do trust Danny White that he will make the move that’s right for the program rather than something just to satisfy the masses.
I wouldn’t call Dawn period just me

I see some suggesting we should call Dawn Staley. I’m not saying it’s not worth calling her, but is there something I’m not aware of to suggest she would seriously consider coming here? Seems like it would be a near impossible sell with what she has going at South Carolina. Resembles how a lot of folks felt like we could go backup the brinks truck to whatever football coach we wanted and he’d say yes…until that didn’t work over and over and over again.
That had a lot to do with where the program was and who was in control

VN Store

Back