It's time for a change

5-2 in the SEC, never finished below 3rd in the SEC. Back to back Sweet 16’s and we want our coach fired…. Ok… DW is not that emotional I would hope.
Not ranked....losses to multiple mid majors this year....not projected to be in the tournament....and has HORRIBLE recruiting levels at the HS level. Yeah, let's keep her around.

Again, how do you know the answer to all those questions is "nothing"? How do you know if he recruits? How do you know what he does as a position coach? How do you know what his value to the staff is? Any more than I would know that about any random employee of yours? He may bring nothing, but he may bring something. We're simply not in a position to know.

Because you don't actually know what he (or any of them) does or brings, you've decided it's nothing. No proof, or any way of actually knowing. Just the permanent burr up the butt bc he's the spouse of the head coach.
Based on our recent HS recruiting results......I can say he nor anyone else does much with HS recruiting

Reactions: lfvol and Majors
Based on our recent HS recruiting results......I can say he nor anyone else does much with HS recruiting
Just the fact nobody can say what he has done well for the past 20 years, not just here is concerning. A coach of 20 years should have something to hang their hat on, so when a question like this arises. One can say “he recruited XYZ” or he is regarded as one of the best position coaches in the game with the results of ABC.

Just the fact nobody can say what he has done well for the past 20 years, not just here is concerning. A coach of 20 years should have something to hang their hat on, so when a question like this arises. One can say “he recruited XYZ” or he is regarded as one of the best position coaches in the game with the results of ABC.
He is (in my opinion) a beneficiary of nepotism at the highest level. I haven't been impressed since the day we hired them both.

This. He would crush it here. His contract is thru 2028-29, so there's a bit of a buyout but nothing we can't muster. His tournament record of 40-14 is amazing.
Lost Van Lith and still has a top 20 team. He’s had it going there for a long time. I was all over the place during Warlick’s era screaming about hiring him, but of course Fulmer couldn’t be trusted to do much of anything as AD.

He married well that’s it. That’s all.

Reactions: Majors
You may or may not take future recruits into consideration, but we have the best player we've gotten since Jordan Horston (and Rickea) coming in 25 in Nyla Brooks. She is undoubtably the kind of elite we desperately need. And she's fully, madly devoted to Kellie Harper. 25 is a year of huge roster transition already with next year being Sr laden. If we lose Brooks, whoever comes in 25 will be looking at a really bare cupboard. That might influence who would want the job.

This stuff is complicated, which is why the AD doesn't just stack boxes on the coach's desk one night and send security to walk them out.

You may or may not take future recruits into consideration, but we have the best player we've gotten since Jordan Horston (and Rickea) coming in 25 in Nyla Brooks. She is undoubtably the kind of elite we desperately need. And she's fully, madly devoted to Kellie Harper. 25 is a year of huge roster transition already with next year being Sr laden. If we lose Brooks, whoever comes in 25 will be looking at a really bare cupboard. That might influence who would want the job.

This stuff is complicated, which is why the AD doesn't just stack boxes on the coach's desk one night and send security to walk them out.
Seems like a good time to get ahead of the ‘25 overhaul. If Brooks moves on because of the hire, best of luck to the young lady.

Seems like a good time to get ahead of the ‘25 overhaul. If Brooks moves on because of the hire, best of luck to the young lady.
Good point, might as well change with the roster already in flux. But the hire would have to be willing to do some pretty significant rebuilding pretty quick. Would need a top notch recruiter or someone established who could bring transfers

Good point, might as well change with the roster already in flux. But the hire would have to be willing to do some pretty significant rebuilding pretty quick. Would need a top notch recruiter or someone established who could bring transfers
Would have to believe a new coach would have new invested interest and excitement..either from established recruited players or players looking at the new staff.

It's funny how some don't want to hop on the "new coach needed" train--though it's certainly becoming clear that we're reaching that point--but they are happy to make Harper's husband the scapegoat for the program's lack of progress. "I'm not ready to blame Harper--because she is a former LV, but her husband is a lazy bum who's dragging down the team!" Uh, I doubt it. The buck stops at the top.

A program like ours deserves--must have--an established winner as coach, and we've twice failed miserably with hires.

Reactions: glv98

I understand what you are saying but this program should be bigger than just one player. She won't get coached well if our current coaching staff is allowed to continue. I believe it's time to move on. BUT that is our ADs job.. Not mine.

Not a regular poster, but do watch and keep tabs on the Lady Vols.
The program is at a crossroads. This is Kellie's first really bad season and as Danny White you have to look at it and ask yourself, is this an anomaly or is it the start of a bad trend?

As others have stated, you have to weigh recruiting in the decision as well.
As AD you also wonder, do I get involved and put pressure on the HC to make coaching changes to better develop...I mean Kellie is literally married to her coaching staff and is she willing to make the changes that need to be made?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Lady Vols are not recruiting like they should. I do not know why or what's going on with recruiting. Last night i seen three Lady Vols under the basket and one Ole Miss player. Guess who got the rebound? The Ole Miss player.

Lady Vols are not recruiting like they should. I do not know why or what's going on with recruiting. Last night i seen three Lady Vols under the basket and one Ole Miss player. Guess who got the rebound? The Ole Miss player.
I saw that on several occasions... Too tired or too lazy to jump.

It is complicated. I think in-coming recruits bought Holly an extra year and Kellie's one-recruit class may not carry as much weight.

If you bring in a new coach, he/she also probably brings in transfers and pending recruits.

So, I think it comes down to 1) if the LVs actually missed the tournament (then a change seems inescapable) and 2) who the AD can bring in.

The game is not done but Kellie and the team's degree of freedom to turn the season around are rapidly disappearing.

We might lose Brooks’ commitment, but consider all the ones we never closed the deal on and gained because players want to be taught and trained by effective coaches—not underachieving ones.

For the past two off seasons Harper’s portal hauls have had the rest of the women‘s basketball world blinking in disbelief and had us booking flights and hotel rooms. Here we are out of the Top 25.

We are wondering when we are going to see effective team defense and contested shots. We wonder when we will see structure in an offense that allows multiple players touch the ball before someone jacks up a 3 early in the offense or lowers her head and plows into traffic 1 on 5.

VN Store

Back