Is this where our society is headed?

Imagine living here... Lol

I think it's just knowing what parts of Memphis to be in & places to go to because luckily for me, I haven't had any problems to speak about when I'm there in Memphis. :crossfingers: I'm aware of all what's going on (violence) there....I watch WMCTV5 morning noon & night news broadcast. It's no worst than living in Jackson because the hoodlums here try to be like Memphis or Nashville in that regard.

Last edited:
I think it's just knowing what parts of Memphis to be in & places to go to because luckily for me, I haven't had any problems to speak about when I'm there in Memphis. :crossfingers: I'm aware of all what's going on (violence) there....I watch WMCTV5 morning noon & night news broadcast. It's no worst than living in Jackson because the hoodlums here try to be like Memphis or Nashville in that regard.

Buddy ol pal you have no clue I work 24 hours at a time in the ghetto, to be precise I work at Mississippi and E. Georgia so the typical Memphian only knows what happens on the news and not what happens when it's not reported.. Many things don't get reported..

Buddy ol pal you have no clue I work 24 hours at a time in the ghetto, to be precise I work at Mississippi and E. Georgia so the typical Memphian only knows what happens on the news and not what happens when it's not reported.. Many things don't get reported..

:hi: That's why I said parts of the city of Memphis. I wasn't talking about going into the ghetto because you'd have to be almost insane to do that & I'm very aware of the many things that don't get reported. I wouldn't be going to any ghetto of any city for that matter.

:hi: That's why I said parts of the city of Memphis. I wasn't talking about going into the ghetto because you'd have to be almost insane to do that & I'm very aware of the many things that don't get reported. I wouldn't be going to any ghetto of any city for that matter.

I gotcha... One does get lost in the hood many a times.. One block away from the Forum you're toast..

I gotcha... One does get lost in the hood many a times.. One block away from the Forum you're toast..

I made a wrong turn one time coming out of the old Mid-South Coliseum (backside from Central Ave.) and I had no earthly idea where the heck I was. I drove until I saw an I-240 sign and made a bee line to that to get out.

I made a wrong turn one time coming out of the old Mid-South Coliseum (backside from Central Ave.) and I had no earthly idea where the heck I was. I drove until I saw an I-240 sign and made a bee line to that to get out.

I've done this myself. Lol.

I'm waiting for a earthquake to just swallow Memphis. It's not the city I remember.

Sad really.

Reactions: 1 person
Please don't wish that.. Hopefully I'm gone and my family is gone out of town.. If I'm there I would be working.. Ughhhhh

I feel for you bother. All my family is east of there in Collierville (one or two in Germantown)

You are a paramedic?

Sounds like they modeled themselves after Detroit, gotta love those dems.

I typically try not to get involved in us v. them, libs v. reps debates, because they never go anywhere. And so, this isn't a comment attempting to initiate a debate.

I'll say this though, you may or may not be under the impression that somehow, out in the boonies, out in the wide-open, wonderful countryside, that life somehow becomes better and the people equally so. Perhaps this could even what we might consider "conservative" country. "Red State country," even.

To disengage one from such a romanticization of this particular world, I'll say that I grew up in such a world. In my late teens and early 20s, I interned with my home county's DA office, thinking I might be a lawyer eventually.

The things I learned during that internship forever changed my perception of the good, down home world around me. Fathers and mothers who would rape their own daughters together; families who would sit out on their back porch drinking beer while the sheriff was in the front yard collecting the brain matter from their son, who had just blown his head off out in the yard; Janes and Johns who would slit their opposite's throat; families who would play Russian Roulette, have one of them blow his brains out, and then tell the sheriff, "Haha! The dumbass just shot 'emself." And those just to name a few. This all in a county about 1/30th the population of Davidson.

Point is, cities draw our attention because they're a mass concentration of humanity, and we can see all this humanity, in all its grossness right out in the open. This doesn't mean, however, that cesspools don't lurk beneath the surface in places that may seem perfectly wonderful and at bliss.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back