Is this weekend the most sure loss in UT football history?

In how many threads must I post this?

Uncharacteristically, Bama turns the ball over 8 times inside their own 20 (maybe a few more down the field). The Vols score 30 points off these 8 turnovers. Either they upset the Tide or beat the spread.

Now, if Bama doesn't turn the ball over, well...

Lol

Are you kidding?

First of all seems only the tackiest, most schizo and football ignorant fans still support Butch.
Made it as far as that....who in the hell said I was an ignorant fan supporting Butch. The rest of this season for me is all about our players. Some have endured a hell of a lot these last few years and the younger ones are probably struggling to stay on focus.
The rest of your arrogant post can go where the sun don't shine....get over yourself !

Reactions: 1 person
Those of you who are astute in your observations have read my recipe for an upset - 8 Bama turnovers inside their own 20. The Vols score 3 FGs, 3 TDs, and turn it over twice on downs, trying to punch it in for 6 instead of settling for 3. Well, that's only 30 points. Vegas seems to think the Vols still lose in my scenario. Go figure...

I will put a $5,000 bet to you right now that we don't turn them over and score 3 touchdowns.

Will Sat be worse than 1906 Alabama 51-0?

Do the Vols cover the 33 points spread at halftime?

I could see Alabama seeking to surpass that score. I hope not, but, after beating us, what else is there? wonder if their defense will score as much as their offense.

No. Saban will call off the dogs before then.

No.

Saban doesn’t call the dogs off, he pulls starters. He’s like Belicheck and calls aggressive plays on O and D with the 2nd and 3rd string in to get them ready and keep his bench of 5*s happy. This is one of the main reasons that Bama doesn’t rebuild, they reload. This is what 2016 should have been for us. We should have known Dormady wasn’t the guy due to him playing and throwing the entire 4th quarter of 7 games last year. But Butch Butched and we were in dog fights in 6 of those games.

Reactions: 2 people
Realistically, Bama hang half a hundred on us. They will have 2nd stringers in halfway through 3rd quarter and still not miss a beat. They will send a message to Georgia through us. They will try to break that 41 point line by as much as they can.

You know, there is a lot of crap going on as of late but I personally have not ruled out and will not rule out this game will be worth watching. Tag me how you will but I still want to believe. I also have a good remote with fresh batteries if the channel needs to be changed !

Don't wish injuries by no means but I know how it went when Latimore went down, how Chubbs going down helped.....God forbid Hurts goes down BUT....

Always hope that no one suffers an injury, but their backup looks about as good as Hurts!!!!

Eh, I think we'll play better than expected ... which isn't that difficult given the 35 point spread. Something like 38 - 13 Bama wouldn't surprise me. JG finally gets the offense into 2nd gear, but we still get crushed. Saban isn't terribly eager to run up the score.

I will put a $5,000 bet to you right now that we don't turn them over and score 3 touchdowns.

Hell, we won't get the opportunity to attempt three FG. Total domination 2.0( in years 4&5). The hand writing is on the wall for those who choose to see it.

first of all, it's now moved to -36.

Secondly, consider that a year ago, Bama had the ball mid-4Q inside the 10 with backups playing, a 49-10 lead, and were not taking knees. Lesson? - it aint just about calling off dogs or having mercy. They're backups will be fresh and hungry. Oh, and better than anything UT has starting.

Always hope that no one suffers an injury, but their backup looks about as good as Hurts!!!!
Your reading comprehension is not too good either....never ever said I wished for an injury, only mentioned injuries in the past that did affect the outcome of games the vols played !

I don't know the 2001 canes came to town in Knoxville when I was a student there. We lost 26-3 only got on their side of the field once and it was on the opening play, busted coverage by the canes. We got a 50 yard run down to like the 3 yard line and couldn't get in from there kicked a field goal, and never got back on there side of the field. They went on the win the Natty I believe. That one was a sure fire loss, but this Alabama game is sure to be just like that one.

Yes yes yes

Bama will be taking a knee on 1st and 2nd down in the 3rd quarter to rest their kicker...
They will take it to the house on 3 rd down and repeat over and over agagin

It will be bad, bad enough that i refuse to watch the game. First one in about 5 years i have missed.

VN Store

Back