Is this weekend the most sure loss in UT football history?

Eh, I think we'll play better than expected ... which isn't that difficult given the 35 point spread. Something like 38 - 13 Bama wouldn't surprise me. JG finally gets the offense into 2nd gear, but we still get crushed. Saban isn't terribly eager to run up the score.

Not sure why I keep seeing this response. They could run it up without trying. And I guarantee the backups aren't coming in and having sympathy they will wanna play hard while on the field.

They really don't hate us that much anymore.
Most of the bama people I know think it's cute that we still consider this a rivalry.

Yea they quickly forget about the run we had when they couldn't beat us. The ones in Ala quickly forget that and that's it's been a series of streaks.

Reactions: 1 person
I say Saban will hold his Dogs back once they get up by the line .

He has never held the dogs back. He gets pissed when his D gives up garbage TD's especially late in the game. There definitely won't be any letting off the gas until maybe the last few mins of the game.

It was a pretty good spread when we played Miami in the sugar bowl and look how that turned out. Although I'm not holding out the same hope for this one. I back the Vols all the way, but this one don' feel good at all.

-8.5 or -9.5 for the Canes...... not even on the same zip code as the spread on this game

It was a pretty good spread when we played Miami in the sugar bowl and look how that turned out. Although I'm not holding out the same hope for this one. I back the Vols all the way, but this one don' feel good at all.

Yeah I remember the words “impossible “ and “massive task” being thrown before the Miami game. Then Donahue developed an incredible defensive game plan and Powell ran like the track star he was and the rest is history...

-8.5 or -9.5 for the Canes...... not even on the same zip code as the spread on this game

But there’s no question the doubt for victory was ever bit as much or more on the Miami game. NO ONE gave us a chance against Miami just like this week.

You know, there is a lot of crap going on as of late but I personally have not ruled out and will not rule out this game will be worth watching. Tag me how you will but I still want to believe. I also have a good remote with fresh batteries if the channel needs to be changed !

Don't wish injuries by no means but I know how it went when Latimore went down, how Chubbs going down helped.....God forbid Hurts goes down BUT....

So the only way we win is injuries?

The Vegas line is YUGE and not in a good way if you are a Vols fan. I don't have the betting lines going back for years but I'm curious if you can ever remember a time when UT was a bigger underdog going into a game? Is this the most sure loss UT has ever faced? What games do you remember as being even more dire in terms of our likelyhood to win the game?

Hey if Howard can beat UNLV...

You all know the pharse... "On any given Saturday..." Toss it out, does not apply this weekend.

Bama will decide how many points they score... when enough is enough, and I just cannot see how the Vols will score.

I grew up in AL and went into Legion Field as an Alabama fan in 1967 and came out a Vol fan. This will be my 50th UT-UA game (that's right, I've seen half of the 100 year series),but for the first time ever, I hold NO hope of a victory. Saban will name the score. I'm hoping for no injuries.

I've never been more sure of a loss.

We've had some bad years and played some really good teams... but I usually always give us a slight chance in pulling the upset.

Not this time. I will be genuinely surprised if we cover the spread.

I will put a $5,000 bet to you right now that we don't turn them over and score 3 touchdowns.

So, you are offering a wager that the Vols will score 3 TDs on two possessions inside the Bama 20 rather than turning the ball over on downs... Are we both blue font challenged, here?

VN Store

Back