Is this part of Haslams plan to maintain control?

LoL, a lot of what UT has now would not exist if it were not for the Haslams. Love them or hate them its a fact.
Having watched Tennessee football since before Daddy Jim made his money, I can knowledgeably assure you that the University of Tennessee was doing just fine before their donations, and will be just fine long after they are gone.

I know all parties referenced in this thread and all of them want Tennessee to win. There's no conspiracy. We've just been snake bit on coaching hires and got it right in basketball twice and would not pay the money to get a good football coach. Nobody wanted the job this past try and we ended up with a gem. Nobody would help Bruce when all that went down. That was on UT's general counsel at that time who is gone now. Never should've happened. the only one i worry about is little jimmy.

BS The decisions that have been made have not been about the best for TN. You don't hire Derek dooley if you care. You dont hire Currie if you care. You dont hire butch Jones if you care. The Haslams have shown time and time again that they care more about themselves and controlling the program than they do about success.

If those losers cared, then they would acknowledge that them meddling has made the programs worse and that they need to step back and let the experts do what they know how to do. However, we all know that is not what they're doing.

The Haslams can get the hell out of the state of Tennessee. They're an embarrassment to us all.

I don't necessarily agree with the privatization of gov't jobs but it did save taxpayers a lot of money going to private contractors. State benefits and pensions are very generous compared to the private sector. I don't want to get into politics here but I haven't found his leadership in Tennessee to be incompetent.

And it has been proven that those "savings" by going private are never accurate. Let me ask, would you be ok if Bill sold public parks and lands for development? Because he tried to do that.

Reactions: Wolfeman_Vol
The Haslams. They put that stuff out there to drum up support for CJP and Fulmer. If you think for one second Fulmer got this gig without the blessing of the Haslams, you are being naive. The Haslams put him there.

Wow... haha you are out of date on your info buddy. That's not what happened at all.

BS The decisions that have been made have not been about the best for TN. You don't hire Derek dooley if you care. You dont hire Currie if you care. You dont hire butch Jones if you care. The Haslams have shown time and time again that they care more about themselves and controlling the program than they do about success.

If those losers cared, then they would acknowledge that them meddling has made the programs worse and that they need to step back and let the experts do what they know how to do. However, we all know that is not what they're doing.

The Haslams can get the hell out of the state of Tennessee. They're an embarrassment to us all.

In fairness, it's possible they thought those were the best hires for the program at the time. I have no trouble believing they are just that incompetent considering how things have gone with the Browns.

Well, it's pretty common knowledge. You can go back and do the research yourself.

There was another power struggle that started after the Schiano fiasco, which lead to Anderson and Thornton getting some others on board and getting Fulmer hired back. Haslam then reworked the board, using his Governors position, to regain control of the board, force out Davenport.

Did you miss it when it happened? I mean, the power struggle is still going on. This is Haslam's second move in re-establishing dominance. Stacking the board just in time to get the new president in, he will be in position to get control back and running off Fulmer again. Then, about Pruitt's 3yrd year, he'll find an excuse to get rid of Pruitt, and get their choice for coach again.

If Anderson and Thornton don't win this struggle, UT might as well shutdown the football program. Their Dad knew a little bit about football. His kids know nothing about it, but think they do. Hence their purchase of the Browns, and them running UT into the ditch from behind the scenes.

Go here Haslam and His Money
and follow the discussion I had with Hubbard. You can see I was pretty close, $10 ticket price increase, and looking at adding alcohol sales. That would make up for any missed donations from the Haslams.

Haslams are having to use the Governorship to reassert control.

The power struggle that you speak of was mostly non-sense peddled by the Grudenites as was Anderson's and Thorton's role. Yet here we are again peddling that same bs. The Haslams want UT to win as bad as anybody else, to claim otherwise is nonsense. Every university has boosters that compete for power, why some of you think the Haslams are worse than every other school is ridiculous.

A successful business man, in what way?

He simply runs a company that’s the result of a joint venture that includes the company his father started, not him. It was reported that the Pilot Flying J board was paying ex-staffers’ legal bills in a diesel fuel rebate scam. We can point to Haslam’s failures there....

Remember the reports of the company being billions of dollars in debt?

Haslam is the owner of the Cleveland Browns. The franchise was bad before he took over, only to get worse.

Don’t forget Jimmy Hyams’s article noting that Haslam, a member of the A.D. search committee, was reportedly the guy who pushed for John Currie.

Anyone who has buildings named after them (Haslam School of Business), it would be naive of anyone to say he doesn't have influence. He is a "major" football booster and notice the coaching debacles over the course of the last several years.

Summed up perfectly. The Haslam name is garbage, UT will be in the mud until someone steps up and ends that relationship.

Jimmy doesn't have near the pull at UT that is his father and brother have. He isn't pulling the strings, Bill maybe but not Jimmy. Don't know anything about Bill or Jimmy but Big Jim is a good man who loves UT.

Reactions: feathersax
If it weren't for "those people", you'd have Schiano as your coach right now. The Haslam's have made UT their own personal playground.

You act as if the Haslams were the only ones involved in the decision to offer him the job and time will tell whether or not that was the right decision. For all the clamoring the fans made against hiring Schiano but he had more experience and a pretty good track record in college, he is also the d-coordinator for a perennial power.

People wonder how they manage to maintain power with all their shady dealings, disgusting cronyism and horrible decisions.
All the crap and sleeze they just tried to throw on us and this thread is filled with posters trying to defend them.

You just can't explain human nature.
Someone takes advantage of our fan's loyalty and spits on the program but throws out money and some choose to be willfully ignorant and line up for more.
You really just can't make this stuff up.

People wonder how they manage to maintain power with all their shady dealings, disgusting cronyism and horrible decisions.
All the crap and sleeze they just tried to throw on us and this thread is filled with posters trying to defend them.

You just can't explain human nature.
Someone takes advantage of our fan's loyalty and spits on the program but throws out money and some choose to be willfully ignorant and line up for more.
You really just can't make this stuff up.
Dad is the biggest reason IMO. Once hes gone your left with a crooked a$$ son and Bill who I see as somewhere in between his dad and Little Jimmy.

It's funny how much (and I'm gonna group them even tho they are all different) influence and good things they ve done but once you start pointing out (like it needs to be) the dysfunction from the admin down, all of a sudden they re not as involved as everyone thinks.

You act as if the Haslams were the only ones involved in the decision to offer him the job and time will tell whether or not that was the right decision. For all the clamoring the fans made against hiring Schiano but he had more experience and a pretty good track record in college, he is also the d-coordinator for a perennial power.

The fact you lay out his coaching experience shows you missed the whole point of the fans revolt over Schiano. It had nothing to do with that.

Yes, other people "signed off" on Schiano but the Haslams sign off on those people. It's a charade.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Dad is the biggest reason IMO. Once hes gone your left with a crooked a$$ son and Bill who I see as somewhere in between his dad and Little Jimmy.

It's funny how much (and I'm gonna group them even tho they are all different) influence and good things they ve done but once you start pointing out (like it needs to be) the dysfunction from the admin down, all of a sudden they re not as involved as everyone thinks.
I have no problem with big Jim but I just don't care for either son. The influence they have had in who leads, has played a direct role in all of the decisions that follow.
Never thought they were making single decisions at every meeting, just the choice to always put their friends and business partners in roles that they should not be in, has led to most of the dysfunction.
Even Jimm6y influence with his brother. It's not coincidence he tried so hard to get Schiano for the Browns, then Schiano becomes the choice for UT.

And then there's several things not related to football that has just made me "not a fan".

Reactions: Smallvol#1

VN Store

Back