Is this part of Haslams plan to maintain control?

The fact you lay out his coaching experience shows you missed the whole point of the fans revolt over Schiano. It had nothing to do with that.

Yes, other people "signed off" on Schiano but the Haslams sign off on those people. It's a charade.
Schiano is working at the perfect place for the perfect boss. And he is still there years removed as a HC for a reason.

It's not ironic that a lot of people affiliated with UT in different ways (non typical fans) didnt want him anywhere near Knoxville.

I have no problem with big Jim but I just don't care for either son. The influence they have had in who leads, has played a direct role in all of the decisions that follow.
Never thought they were making single decisions at every meeting, just the choice to always put their friends and business partners in roles that they should not be in, has led to most of the dysfunction.
Even Jimm6y influence with his brother. It's not coincidence he tried so hard to get Schiano for the Browns, then Schiano becomes the choice for UT.

And then there's several things not related to football that has just made me "not a fan".
Pretty much agree.
Bill hasnt been as directly involved as of late as Jimmy.
Jimmy is the biggest reason Currie was in Knoxville and the rest of what happened is pretty obvious as you pointed out.

Currie could act surprised at the reaction all he wants but trying to slip Schiano up to the podium on a Sunday was happening for a reason.

My question is what academic qualifications does Randy Boyd have to run a major university? Any? This is just a political move and does nothing to improve the status of UT. The typical good ole boy network is alive and well.
Somewhere I got the idea a doctorate was required (Alexander’s JD got him in via the back door). However, since Boyd is interim, 12-24 months, they may be able to skirt that requirement.

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
Somewhere I got the idea a doctorate was required (Alexander’s JD got him in via the back door). However, since Boyd is interim, 12-24 months, they may be able to skirt that requirement.
You may be right. Boyd has been working for Governor Haslam since 2014 as his economic development chief. Bill Lee beat out Boyd so now Haslams newly cut in half Board of Trustees are going to make Boyd the interim President.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
In fairness, it's possible they thought those were the best hires for the program at the time. I have no trouble believing they are just that incompetent considering how things have gone with the Browns.

Maybe at that time. However, the aftermath is clear and if they actually cared about TN vs themselves like some argue then they would step back. They wouldn't have had Davenport fired out of pettiness

You act as if the Haslams were the only ones involved in the decision to offer him the job and time will tell whether or not that was the right decision. For all the clamoring the fans made against hiring Schiano but he had more experience and a pretty good track record in college, he is also the d-coordinator for a perennial power.
If UT had hired Schiano, the school would be the laughing stock of colleg football. His association with Penn State and being mentioned in a sworn deposition would have been repeatedly mentioned anytime UT played on TV. Whether he knew anything or not, he is not hirable as a head coach, at this point by any University.

Maybe at that time. However, the aftermath is clear and if they actually cared about TN vs themselves like some argue then they would step back. They wouldn't have had Davenport fired out of pettiness

In my experience, the mega rich and powerful types never admit they're wrong, even when it's obvious. It's just not in their DNA. They always believe themselves to be the smartest person in the room and any failure is someone else's fault. Any and all collateral damage is justified in their mind. The Haslams are terrible but hardly unique.

Lots of insider "knowledge" on this subject. Hilarious reading some of this laughable vitriol. Some of you need serious help. Your Haslam boogeyman IS under your beds.

Reactions: Henry Letham
Not to get political, but, i dont trust Randy Boyd as far as I can throw him. To be fair, I wouldn't want a Democrat running UT. To go even further, I don't want ANY politician or gazillionaire running an academic insitution.

And I sure as hayull don't want Haslams running ****. No one person should have that great an influence. Donate your money, and hush.

In my experience, the mega rich and powerful types never admit they're wrong, even when it's obvious. It's just not in their DNA. They always believe themselves to be the smartest person in the room and any failure is someone else's fault. Any and all collateral damage is justified in their mind. The Haslams are terrible but hardly unique.

see DSM 5 under narcissist.

Not all wealthy are that way though I definitely think the Haslam's are.

Reactions: TN_Transplant
Not all wealthy are that way though I definitely think the Haslam's are.

That is true. Know some very wealthy people that are humble and level headed. But that is the exceptio, they also have some level of narcissism. Perhaps that's just part cultural, part based on success. But, man, who needs three houses? What a pain in the ass!

That is true. Know some very wealthy people that are humble and level headed. But that is the exceptio, they also have some level of narcissism. Perhaps that's just part cultural, part based on success. But, man, who needs three houses? What a pain in the ass!

No doubt. I know some people that have 8 figure wealth. They have a house on the lake, then a few miles down the road they have another farm house with land for their ATV and outdoor activities. The constantly remodel and add on to each house too.

They're from humble beginnings and kudos to their success but it's gone to their heads for sure.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I know Randy Boyd well. He is NO puppet of the Haslams'; or anyone for that matter. He is his own man. A very good choice, and would make an excellent long-term solution as well. Give him full support.

You ask for my "full support" but provide no substantial reasons why?

Makes me think he would be a good "yes man" since he has no qualifications for the job.

LoL, a lot of what UT has now would not exist if it were not for the Haslams. Love them or hate them its a fact.[/QUOTE

You are correct, we wouldn't have "things" like the worse season in the history of our program. We wouldn't have the decade of dysfunction, shower etiquette,or the turn over trash can, or for goodness sake we would have lost out the Champions of Life!!

Proof is in the puddin the Haslam's have given UT alot!

*Edit, I keep thinking of thingswe have because of thd Haslam's*

He/she is being purposely obtuse, then blowing holes the size of the Grand Canyon in his/her own argument with statements like that.

Currie was a patsy...that's precisely why the Haslams wanted him there in the first place. They didn't need some grand plot to trick everyone into supporting their guy. Currie was their guy, and if they wanted Fulmer (which also makes no logical sense) they could have installed Fulmer right then. A sizeable portion of the fans and other boosters wanted Fulmer anyway.
Fulmer wanted CJP. They knew our very hungry fan base wanted a "big name" coach. Nothing less was going to do. They knew no "big name" wanted the gig. Pruitt was the best who wanted it. So how do we create momentum instead of a divided fanbase? Have Fulmer swoop in at the last second to save our beloved football program.

Far too many people on here have no real knowledge of Little Jimmy Haslam and his brother the Govenor and their NOT being trustable where UT is concerned and all the damage the Haslam family has caused for UT especially for our footVol program.

Randy Boyd simply HAS been a Haslam insider and supporter for years and I do NOT trust him either.

Since Randy Boyd lost his attempt to become our next govenor to Bill Lee he now needs another government paid job of power and influence so the Haslams hand picked his as their puppet at UT even though he doesn't have the education and is NOT qualified.

Randy Boyd is a place holder until our Govenor Haslam has been out of office for awhile and then our Govenor will slide into Boyds place at UT for more Haslam control over UT.

Little Jimmy Haslam and his head henchmen at Pilot/Flying J really should be in prison right now but once again all their Millions of $$$$ have bought their stay out of jail cards.

It's sad how little people really know about the power and influence the Haslam family has over UT.

FACT is that the last decade+ of destroying Tennessee footVol lies right in the laps of the corrupt Haslam family!!!

We need to FIGHT keeping Randy Boyd far away from UT!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

VN Store

Back