Is Scott Frost qualified?

Last year, they lost all sec games except USCe, aTm and Ole Miss. Mullen is just lighting the world on fire at MSU

He also lost to UK last year

Reactions: 1 person
Jackie Sherrill did more at Miss St than Mullen has. Mullen has more bowl appearances only because there are 259 bowls now. Sherrill not only would get Miss St ranked during the season, he wouldn’t blow it down the stretch. Mullen might sniff a couple ten win seasons at Tennessee, but he’d never get us to the promised land.

This is absolutely laughable. The West was terrible forbthe vast majority of Sherrils career. Even the one season where he won the West, he lost to a terrible LSU and Oklahoma State.

Lol. Give me the list of schools that have, say, even a.500 record against bama in the conference the last 10 years? 5? 2?

I didn't ask for a .500 record.

1 win would be encouraging.

Sumlin, Freeze, Malzahn, Miles all managed to beat Bama at least once since Mullen has been at Miss St.

That’s simply false. Mullen has won at a rate of 60% since being at MSU. Their current all time win percentage is 49%.

So if they had a .500 alltime record or better when Mullen was hired, how has his 60% win percentage there since 2009 somehow brought it down below .500 currently?

Can’t wait to see how you explain that magical math.

No, you just need reading comprehension. There was 1 SEC school in 2009 that had under a .500 record all time in the SEC and it was Mississippi State. When Mullen started at MSU, MSU historically had a worse winning percentage than Vandy.

This to me speaks louder than words. He took an 0-12, let that sink in, 0-12 team and has turned it into a 9-0 undefeated team. This is amazing to me.

Who in their right mind doesn't see how this is a home-run hire?

Its not a home run hire.

And last year we beat Florida and Georgia.

Why do you keep interjecting drivel that doesn’t matter to the conversation? Can’t defend that Mullen hasn’t been nearly as impressive as you want to pretend he is, so you resort to this?

All we are hearing is Scott Frost is going to Nebraska, Florida or Tennessee.

But is he qualified for Tennessee?

Has he done enough?

Is his resume good enough?

Reason I'm asking is that he technically is an up and comer. Yes, he was OC at Oregon. Yes he has UCF ranked very high. But, who does UCF play?

Tennessee can't afford to hire just anyone. Tennessee needs to make a huge splash hire. Is Scott that kind of candidate?

Petrino is well seasoned coach. Mullen is more seasoned coach in this league. Not necessarily endorsing these two. Just stating my opinion...
After Kiffen, Dooley and Butch.... Anyone who's played Madden football on Xbox is qualified.

I didn't ask for a .500 record.

1 win would be encouraging.

Sumlin, Freeze, Malzahn, Miles all managed to beat Bama at least once since Mullen has been at Miss St.

no, you said he doesn't win big games. and gave his record agaisnt bama.

so i'm asking you to reference anyone in the conf that has anything close to a .500 record against them. if that's the bar you're going to use, use it.

or attempt to change the subject, cuase it wasn't a smart commentary to begin with.

either way.

Jackie Sherrill did more at Miss St than Mullen has. Mullen has more bowl appearances only because there are 259 bowls now. Sherrill not only would get Miss St ranked during the season, he wouldn’t blow it down the stretch. Mullen might sniff a couple ten win seasons at Tennessee, but he’d never get us to the promised land.

Weren't you the one constantly saying Kiffin was a top tier HC? How can you possibly be so undeniably steadfast about Mullen when your judgement is so suspect?

Why do you keep interjecting drivel that doesn’t matter to the conversation? Can’t defend that Mullen hasn’t been nearly as impressive as you want to pretend he is, so you resort to this?

as opposed to what you're doing? i figured if we're just going to say random things that don't mean anything, i'd just start doing the same.

Last year, they lost all sec games except USCe, aTm and Ole Miss. Mullen is just lighting the world on fire at MSU

He also lost to UK last year

And curb stomped them this year. 8-1 record vs the Wildcats. But yeah, let’s focus on that one loss in a rebuilding year.

as opposed to what you're doing? i figured if we're just going to say random things that don't mean anything, i'd just start doing the same.

I’ve brought the facts that MSU hasn’t been a doormat in the SEC and that Mullen hasn’t been impressive. Sorry you’re too incompetent tonight to read numbers. Here’s one more that you probably still can’t comprehend. His overall SEC record is 32-38

Yes. Thanks. Things aren’t black and white. They still made it to bowl games. They weren’t a complete doormat. Don’t be stupid and ignore the in between

it doesn't make them a world beater either. we just fired a guy that went to 3 straight bowl games cause "who cares".

now we're going to use that as a benchmark to say MSU is better than we think they are???

don't be stupid and ignore the double standard. there's ony 4-6 bowls that matter.

no one, and i mean no one cares about whath MSU did in the Shreveport bowl in 1994.

Everyone, here's the stats through 2015 year. Note, there are only 2 teams that have lost more than they've won (MSU and Vandy). Before Mullen took over, MSU had the lowest % in the SEC, even lower than Vandy.

Alabama — 878-300-42, .737 winning percentage; Bowls: 35-24-3, .589
Arkansas — 668-457-37, .591; Bowls: 15-23-3, .402
Auburn — 715-417-43, .627; Bowls: 23-15-2, .600
Florida — 701-404-40, .612; Bowls: 21-21, .500
Georgia — 787-413-54, .627; Bowls: 29-19-3, .598
Kentucky — 583-579-44, .479; 8-7, .533
LSU — 770-404-47, .630; Bowls: 24-21-1, .521
Mississippi State — 550-566-39, .476; Bowls: 11-8, .579
Missouri — 658-548-53, .522; Bowls: 15-16, .484
Ole Miss — 655-507-35, .547; 24-13, .649
South Carolina — 550-520-41, .514; Bowls: 8-12, .400
Tennessee — 820–371–53 .659; 27-24, .529
Texas A&M — 717-471-48, .580; 17-20, .459
Vanderbilt — 592-603-50, .475; Bowls: 4-2-1, .643

Reactions: 2 people
All we are hearing is Scott Frost is going to Nebraska, Florida or Tennessee.

But is he qualified for Tennessee?

Has he done enough?

Is his resume good enough?

Reason I'm asking is that he technically is an up and comer. Yes, he was OC at Oregon. Yes he has UCF ranked very high. But, who does UCF play?

Tennessee can't afford to hire just anyone. Tennessee needs to make a huge splash hire. Is Scott that kind of candidate?

Petrino is well seasoned coach. Mullen is more seasoned coach in this league. Not necessarily endorsing these two. Just stating my opinion...

They play teams with equal talent to UCF. I really don't like the "who do they play" argument. In almost every case, especially for a guy like Frost who has only been there a short time, it is a level of talent equal or better to what you're playing against. So, all things equal, he's outcoaching everyone else in his league.

Reactions: 2 people
it doesn't make them a world beater either. we just fired a guy that went to 3 straight bowl games cause "who cares".

now we're going to use that as a benchmark to say MSU is better than we think they are???

don't be stupid and ignore the double standard. there's ony 4-6 bowls that matter.

no one, and i mean no one cares about whath MSU did in the Shreveport bowl in 1994.

So why should we care what MSU is doing these days in Nashville and Jacksonville?

VN Store

Back