Is Scott Frost qualified?

Never said top 5. How about top 15?!? Inside the top 20?

I would think if your in the sec and you have a "QB guru" and a "talent developer" and you pay him around 5 mil..........you should be able to recruit a top 20 class consistently.

Reactions: 1 person
I would think if your in the sec and you have a "QB guru" and a "talent developer" and you pay him around 5 mil..........you should be able to recruit a top 20 class consistently.

Well stated.

The thing i like about frost is that he played for Osborn . Those Nebraska teams could execute there offense in the dark. The timing was perfect every play.

And he played for Bill Walsh at Stanford before transferring home to Nebraska, as well as Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick with the Jets, Mike Sherman with the Packers, Jon Gruden and Monte Kiffin with the Buccaneers. The man has been exposed to a lot of great offensive and defensive minds in his professional development.

Scott Frost said he had job opportunity in Dec 2014 that he turned down because Oregon was in national championship playoffs. Mike Riley was hired at Nebraska in Dec 2014. Has Frost turned down Nebraska's job once already?

2015 Frost UCF Introductory Press Conference

UCF Football Media Conference

Q. You've had other opportunities I'm sure to be a head coach. Why UCF? You said this is your priority now. Last year at this time Oregon was getting ready for the playoffs. Perhaps was that your priority then?

SCOTT FROST: I had a job opportunity last year. I would have had to take that job a week before the national semifinal. I care too much about the players that I coach to do something like that to them.

I didn't want to leave Oregon for a place where I couldn't get the same type of players that we've had at Oregon that have made us successful. We're fast. We play fast. We have fast guys. Those guys are right here to be had, and if I was a fast kid in the state of Florida and I knew we were going to play this type of offense here, this place would look really good to me, and I think we can get that done pretty quickly here.

Last edited:
Frost has a lot of good mentors. Wherever he lands he'll have to find a better DC. USF lit up their defense.

There are not 300k Gruden threads lol. There may be 300k posts across all of the threads or even more. A significant percentage are detractors, posts about burgers, Scotch, Golf, Dissneyworld and about every other subject. The ONLY thing not allowed there is the muttering of a name not Gruden.

Hey, Carter. You still think there are only 300 Gruden fans? Maybe you need to pay more attention

I'll have to say, Scott Frost may be one of the best coaches I've seen come along in a while.

This guy will win a national championship somewhere. Only question is where.

It will be interesting to see if we hear anything with Frost and Nebraska this weekend. I have not heard much at all, if anything, on Nebraska's search. That leads me to believe they have Frost locked up.

He's more qualified than Tee Martin. I simply don't understand the reasoning behind the Tee Martin homers other than he went to UT. Frost has been a winning head coach and I would welcome him here.

I'm on board with that. Frost has been my top realistic candidate the whole time until I thought we had a shot at Petersen.

Why would Fulmer not go after either Frost or Petersen as hard as he could? Get your money in place and make an offer that they can't refuse. Fulmer can sell Tennessee now that he is the AD and stability has been regained.

VN Store

Back