Is Mike Norvell a "Google" coach?

Miles is Jones but with an incredible streak of good luck. Once that ran out, he sucks.

If Norrell is the best Currie can pull off, he's a pitiful AD
This is just so dumb.

Mile's record 140-55, 1 NC, 2 SEC titles, 7 seasons of winning 10 or more, 5-top 10 finishes. All in the toughest division in college football.

Butch didn't even sniff a division title in a historically weak division.

Reactions: 2 people
Be the big fish that got away if we didn't go after him....said to be one of the best offensive minds in college football...
Would Mike even take the job if he felt he was the last one considered because all the others turned the job down

I think he would do great at Tennessee.

But can Tennessee risk the 4th up and coming coaching hire?

That would be 4 in a row.

The last 3 bad decisions.

Tennessee can't take risks here IMO
Need a proven winner at a HC experience for a few years

Reactions: 1 person
I think he would do great at Tennessee.

But can Tennessee risk the 4th up and coming coaching hire?

That would be 4 in a row.

The last 3 bad decisions.

Tennessee can't take risks here IMO
Need a proven winner at a HC experience for a few years

Then honestly name me 1 big time head coach who is now WINNING and will leave for the Tennessee job....its OK to dream but now be REAL...name one

I think he'd do well. He will take it, if offered. But Tennessee can't take another risk on another up and comer.

Yea, when they become mediocre consistently, they get fired. It’s how big boy football works.

I ask again, why is Arkie Norvell’s dream Job?

It's not his dream job.

This from 2 well-heeled (by Memphis standards) boosters. Arky is a concern for them but it's not his dream job.

Be the big fish that got away if we didn't go after him....said to be one of the best offensive minds in college football...
Would Mike even take the job if he felt he was the last one considered because all the others turned the job down

Norvell may be a good coach and may one day be a great coach; however right now he isn't a big fish at all so he can't be "the big fish that got away."

Norvell certainly is great at offense. From AZ ST to Memphis Norvell has them both scoring a lot.

The prob is other than his Offense there isn't much more to his resume. He could be a great hire.......he could be a flop. Also Norvell doesn't have the same coaching connections as others. Having Norvell would require a great staff around him; however he could not assemble the type of staff that others could.

Then honestly name me 1 big time head coach who is now WINNING and will leave for the Tennessee job....its OK to dream but now be REAL...name one

Gruden, Miles, & Schanio

All proven high level winners

I named 3 instead of 1. I'm a go getter

Edit: Patterson too

4 now.... 🍪 Please

Last edited:
I'm afraid Norvell may be still seeing some success left from Fuentes.

Butch following Kelly definitely shows that can be something to be wary of.

I like that Campbell and Frost have turned around programs that we're historically down very quickly.

Plus Campbell has shown he can defeat top 10 teams like Oklahoma, so he can get his players to play above their ranking.

Tennessee is a tough job and tough recruiting....even difficult....we need someone young and energetic

Our last 3 coaches would fit that bill. Results were pretty bad. Look it's easy for the Memphis, UCF's, etc to hire potential up and comer coaches. They have nothing to lose from a revenue or prestige point of view. If we have learned anything the past 10 years, UT doesn't have that leeway from the fans and donors. Whether you or I believe or don't believe UT can land a coach who has proven to win big in the P5 is of no consequence. The fact is Tennessee has to land this type of coach this time. The ramifications of blowing it this time are pretty scary if you want to see championship football at UT in the next few years. There are P5 programs who at one time had great winning traditions who are now irrelevant. Tennessee hasn't been relevant since 2004. UT was lucky to get in the 2007 SEC Championship. By that time, Alabama and Florida were killing the Vols.

VN Store

Back