Is Derek Jeter done?

pujols21auto.jpg

Pujols' body has changed a lot and it changed very quickly. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he is linked to PEDs.

Pujols, Chipper and Pedro all took roids or hgh.

Not sure about Jeter. I'm thinking he did also though.

pujols21auto.jpg

Pujols' body has changed a lot and it changed very quickly. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he is linked to PEDs.

Interest from the Bigs changed a lot over that time, too.

Thanks for finding that, VKB; he continued to grow (along with his dome) through the Spring of 2001 through about 2003-2004.

pujols21auto.jpg

Every possible link so far has come up false.

He's going to be the biggest liar/hypocrite as well as one of the best at hiding it if it ever is proven true.

Pujols, Chipper and Pedro all took roids or hgh.

Not sure about Jeter. I'm thinking he did also though.

Speculating about who used PEDs in the last two decades is pointless. There's a huge range between taking something to help you get over an injury and roiding all the way up like Bonds and McGwire, and any player could fall somewhere along that continuum. We are simply never going to know for most of these guys because you can never prove a negative.

Probably the only player I would really be stunned to find out had been juicing is Greg Maddux.

He's going to be the biggest liar/hypocrite as well as one of the best at hiding it if it ever is proven true.
1. I'm not saying it is true, but his body changed a lot very quickly from when he was in the minors to his rookie year. I'm just saying I'm not going to rule it out.

2. He's an athlete. Him being a liar/hypocrite wouldn't surprise anyone.

Last edited:

How do you know this? Because his name was not mentioned in the Mitchell Report?

The only reason any of those guys in the Mitchell Report got "caught" was because they were on the teams that the Senate decided to look at.

1. I'm not saying it is true, but his body changed a lot very quickly from when he was in the minors to his rookie year. I'm just saying I'm not going to rule it out.

2. He's an athlete. Him being a liar/hypocrite shouldn't surprise anyone.

1. Fair enough.

2. True.

How do you know this? Because his name was not mentioned in the Mitchell Report?

The only reason any of those guys in the Mitchell Report got "caught" was because they were on the teams that the Senate decided to look at.

I guess you can believe what you want, the same way I'll believe that if Jeter played in the AL Central he'd never been viewed as one of the greatest players of this generation.

Griffey might have been the most talented (along with Bo); unfortunately for him (and for all baseball fans), his career was derailed by a series of injuries.

He had a better career than jeter.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Griffey Jr: 9801 AB, 1662 Runs, 2781 Hits, 524 2B, 38 3B, 1312 BB, 1779 K, 630 HR, 1836 RBI, 184 SB, .284 BA, .370 OBP, .906 OPS

Jeter: 9356 AB, 1689 Runs, 2933 Hits, 469 2B, 61 3B, 953 BB, 1577 K, 234 HR, 1137 RBI, 323 SB, .313 BA, .384 OBP, .836 OPS

Comparing apples to oranges really. Can't really compare a SS to a CF. Regardless, both are/were great players

Last edited:
Griffey Jr: 9801 AB, 1662 Runs, 2781 Hits, 524 2B, 38 3B, 1312 BB, 1779 K, 630 HR, 1836 RBI, 184 SB, .284 BA, .370 OBP, .906 OPS

Jeter: 9356 AB, 1689 Runs, 2933 Hits, 469 2B, 61 3B, 953 BB, 1577 K, 234 HR, 1137 RBI, 323 SB, .313 BA, .384 OBP, .836 OPS

Comparing apples to oranges really. Can't really compare a SS to a CF. Regardless, both are/were great players

What? Griffey hit four hundred home runs more than Jeter. This is like the comparison I made with Chipper Jones upthread, but worse.

Jeter might turn-out be the best non-PED using player over the past generation.

How do you know he didn't use PED's?

Jeter was done last year. When I say done I mean he's no longer a star. Yankees are out of their minds to give an aging Jeter that contract after the season he put up last year. Lowest OPS by .061 since his rookie year and .161 lower than the year prior.

Last edited:
Most important offensive stat = OPS. Jeter most certainly saw better pitching than Griffey did.

Griffey > Jeter

VN Store

Back