Is Butch loosing his appeal in with Tennessee recruits?

If this needs to go in the recruiting forum please move it, but I just thought this was very interesting with the OL Drew Richmond going to Ole Miss. So I looked at ALL the 4 star or better players according to rivals and 9 out of 12 were going to teams other than Tennessee (with 1 still undecided).

Is this a trend of what is to come for Tennessee and they are not national ranked like Alabama, Ole Miss, and Georgia (BUT VANDY come ON!!!!!).

Or is this just a off year of kids that just wanted to go to a top 5 school and win a National Title no matter what??

Ok my (somewhat) serious answer.

Some of those guys, like Smith and Jefferson, have either coaching or family ties to the school they committed to. Tennessee has always had trouble pulling Memphis kids like Richmond. Phillips has publicly stated he wants to win right away, so we prob need to show improvement to get him. Otherwise the list shows a good amount of UT in there.

Long story short... Richmond's decision hurts but nothing has been signed yet. CBJ is recruiting like a boss.

Reactions: 1 person
We also play Ole Miss, this year. Thumping them might very well change Richmonds thinking....so it ain't over til the fat lady has a doughnut...or sings. That, too. :)

It's obvious you don't keep up with recruiting. Guys like Josh Smith,Sheffield, and the LB from Memphis I don't think we even pursued at all. Jackson Harris was never offered. Most believe and from his own quotes the staff passes up on Ugo Amandi. Van Jefferson said after his commitment to Georgia Tennessee had a bunch of wide receivers. Phillips has been a Vol lean forever. We've taken other TN talent like Dylan Jackson that has offers from Bama and LSU. The staff really likes and took the commitment from Joc Bruce and he has been killing it this year. Kyle Oliver is another guy TN and Coach Azzani likes as a big jumbo receiver and TE.

Drew Richmond hurt, but he still may end up a Vol since he's apparently taking both an official and inofficial here. We are taking the best talent from NC and Georgia, not to mention Mckenzie.

Please, don't make a thread like this after looking at a Rivals recruiting ranking once and freaking out. Try and do some research.

Inb4 I can't spend time following recruiting

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
If you think Butch is loosing any appeal it's only because he wants you to think he's loosing appeal.

Some of our fans are a punchy

Attachments

• 4949d9d984c630de22ba0ce1e5b5c0b6_vice_670.jpg
    4949d9d984c630de22ba0ce1e5b5c0b6_vice_670.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 6
MUS is Ole Miss without the girls. It's not unexpected that a recruit going through that school heads there instead of UT.

You could at least wait until after the Oklahoma game to start worrying about us sucking on and off the field..

I'll just take a few moments and pour gasoline on the fire.

Shouldn't have fired Fulmer.

James Franklin.

ESPN said "..."

Clay Travis, John Adams and Jimmy Hyams walked into a bar.

Verne and Gary

Mike Slive

Booger Eater and Bama Dave

Rammer Jammer

Charles Woodson

I just added about 10 pages to this thread.

I've got spare mattresses if someone else can bring the gas and torches...

May take over "Get off the train thread" as HOF material of the week and its only Tuesday

879509.jpg

Laughs at this thread.

Reactions: 2 people
1. Richmond - Oxford is closer than Knoxville. This one is not over yet.
2. Jack Jones - Ours
3. Kyle Phillips - Undecided
4. Josh Smith - Vandy legacy. His brother is currently on the team.
5. Amadi - VQ said we may have slow played/passed on him
6. Jefferson - Basically said he was scared of the depth of WR at UT
7. McMillon - Doesnt really fit our scheme. Most of his offers wont take him.
8. Sheffield - Dont really remember much about him. I think he may also be a Vandy legacy.
9. Harris - Did not offer him
10. Stewart - Ours
11. Jennings - Ours
12. McGraw - had a handler

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back