Is Butch loosing his appeal in with Tennessee recruits?

If there are better players (at the position) from out of state we have a shot at, then who cares? We can't just recruit from our extremely talent rich state.

Reactions: 2 people
If this needs to go in the recruiting forum please move it, but I just thought this was very interesting with the OL Drew Richmond going to Ole Miss. So I looked at ALL the 4 star or better players according to rivals and 9 out of 12 were going to teams other than Tennessee (with 1 still undecided).

Is this a trend of what is to come for Tennessee and they are not national ranked like Alabama, Ole Miss, and Georgia (BUT VANDY come ON!!!!!).

Or is this just a off year of kids that just wanted to go to a top 5 school and win a National Title no matter what??

Here is the list from rivals. Last year we got like 8 out of 11 and though this year we might get 8/12 or 9/12. Just think it is odd

Drew Richmond

OL

Memphis, TNMemphis University School

5 stars

6'5"

Mississippi

Jack Jones

OL

Murfreesboro, TNOakland

4 stars

6'4"

Tennessee

Kyle Phillips

DE

Nashville, TNHillsboro

4 stars

6'3"

list

Josh Smith

LB

Murfreesboro, TNOakland

4 stars

6'3"

Vanderbilt

Ugo Amadi

DB

Nashville, TNJohn Overton

4 stars

5'9"

Mississippi

Van Jefferson

WR

Brentwood, TNRavenwood

4 stars

6'1"

Georgia

Joshua McMillon

LB

Memphis, TNWhitehaven

4 stars

6'3"

Alabama

Donovan Sheffield

DB

Nashville, TNEnsworth

4 stars

5'11"

Vanderbilt

Jackson Harris

TE

Columbia, TNColumbia Central

4 stars

6'5"

Georgia

Zach Stewart

OL

Coalfield, TNCoalfield

4 stars

6'4"

Tennessee

Jauan Jennings

ATH

Murfreesboro, TNBlackman

4 stars

6'3"

Tennessee

Rico McGraw

DB

Nashville, TNEnsworth

4 stars

6'0"

Alabama

Butch is getting more players out of Tennessee than even Fulmer did.....

Reactions: 1 person
If you look at the 2015 recruits in TN, Vols have gotten the ones they wanted except for Richmond. With only 24 spots available for the 2015 class, CBJ has gone after the "positions of need" and not where they were from. When you look at the TN recruits, the skill sets just were not there for most of our needs. I'm not convinced that Jefferson's offer was committable. There were "athletes" out there with better skill sets. Phillips is definitely a take, but he will probably be a redshirt like Henderson in his first year. Before we make potentially erroneous assessments, we need to first look at the team needs and how that matches the available in-state talent. My assessment for 2015 is that we are in excellent shape. I believe Richmond's spot will be taken by Sweet, and Richmond will come to regret his decision. Old Misery is playing at their highest level and have a limited ceiling. The Vols will pass them by next year and not look back.

Butch is getting more players out of Tennessee than even Fulmer did.....

Only a handful of years ago, nobody wanted most of the players out of Tennessee. The high school talent in Tennessee has grown exponentially over the last 3-5 years. When Tennessee was rolling with top 5-10 teams during the Fulmer era, Fulmer got virtually anybody worth getting in Tennessee. If the talent level back then had been what it is now, Fulmer would've made the state of Tennessee and the players in it a much higher priority.

Lol at this thread being back up on the first page. Negavols gon be negavols.

Not every good athlete is a take nor do they all have good character. We will take the good and elite guys with good character all day long. We won't always get them all, but that's just how it is.

All any VFL needs for proof is to watch that Oklahoma game again. We were outsized, less experienced, and maybe equal on the talent level. But those kids bought into Butch and his system. They never have up and fought hard to the end for Butch, for the power T, and for the best fan base in the country, Volnation. Any player this staff brings on is my kind of football player

Reactions: 1 person
So, who do we get out of the top 10 instate in 2016?

1. LB Bituli - Ole Miss leads
2. DE Gooden - Ole Miss leads
3. DB Williams
4. OT Matthews - TAMU legacy
5. TE Angel
6. DB Vaughn - We lead
7. OT Johnson - Commited to us
8. WR Mitchell
9. TE Middleton - Commited(?) to us
10. LB Hart - goes to MUS

So, who do we get out of the top 10 instate in 2016?

1. LB Bituli - Ole Miss leads
2. DE Gooden - Ole Miss leads
3. DB Williams
4. OT Matthews - TAMU legacy
5. TE Angel
6. DB Vaughn - We lead
7. OT Johnson - Commited to us
8. WR Mitchell
9. TE Middleton - Commited(?) to us
10. LB Hart - goes to MUS

Dude, 2016 is a lifetime away. We will keep you list and see how it plays out. Damn, people need to find a way to stay miserable.

Let's go UT, keep it up bUTch

Dude, 2016 is a lifetime away. We will keep you list and see how it plays out. Damn, people need to find a way to stay miserable.

Let's go UT, keep it up bUTch

I wasn't complaining. I was just trying to see who others think we get. I thought this discussion would go well here considering this threat is about recruits from the state. Maybe if you thought stuff through instead of trying to talk crap to someone, you would've seen that it was meant to start a discussion.

I wasn't complaining. I was just trying to see who others think we get. I thought this discussion would go well here considering this threat is about recruits from the state. Maybe if you thought stuff through instead of trying to talk crap to someone, you would've seen that it was meant to start a discussion.

I did read the post through. What is the title of the thread from the OP? Is Butch losing his appeal with Tennessee recruits. You may have wanted to say something else, but didn't fit inline with the thread you posted it.

And once again, 2016 is a lifetime away and it will change.

I did read the post through. What is the title of the thread from the OP? Is Butch losing his appeal with Tennessee recruits. You may have wanted to say something else, but didn't fit inline with the thread you posted it.

And once again, 2016 is a lifetime away and it will change.

I realize that it will change and just wanted to see others thoughts.

Sorry for the misunderstanding of my post.:hi:

VN Store

Back