Is Butch loosing his appeal in with Tennessee recruits?

I'm not sure how much time the staff should waste in Memphis anymore. Good talent comes out of there. Rarely comes here though..

Memphis is practically Mississippi anyway.

Besides, it's six months to NSD. There's always a chance for a flip or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Your concerns are understandable considering we lost a recruit we really wanted today, but it's just not true. Our coach is cast in about as good of a light in recruits eyes as we could possibly hope for as fans. Considering where we've been. We're golden and ahead of schedule. He's doing much better than any TN coach in a while.

He'll have plenty more appeal after he whoops Oklahoma in their own house on ABC this weekend.

Reactions: 11 people
Freeze simply knows how to $pread the wealth around, at Ole Mi$$. Nobody else would want to play for a team whose moniker is a Confederate soldier fighting to keep the institution of slavery intact.

Got to pay them bill$ to make them forget that...know what I mean? :)

Reactions: 6 people
Thread is too stupid to be taken seriously, and the misspelling points to obvious troll post... No one is this stupid, right??? Right???

No sir ree we have never been good at going into Memphis and doing a great job

Last edited:
I love pulling in kids from Tennessee, but when you get guys like:

7_584134.jpg

and

1318355.jpg

I don't care where they are from.

Reactions: 16 people
I'll just take a few moments and pour gasoline on the fire.

Shouldn't have fired Fulmer.

James Franklin.

ESPN said "..."

Clay Travis, John Adams and Jimmy Hyams walked into a bar.

Verne and Gary

Mike Slive

Booger Eater and Bama Dave

Rammer Jammer

Charles Woodson

I just added about 10 pages to this thread.

Reactions: 19 people
OK I was trying to type quickly and did not spell a word right....<<< This guy
I still think Butch can recruit and have no worries about his recruiting ability.
I am not doom and gloom. If he gets all his players from Georgia, NC and Virginia, I do NOT care, Just thought it was interesting since last year we got anyone and everyone from the state of TN, but this year was SO MUCH different.

Can't copy and paste either.......<<<<<THIS GUY!!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Seems like some people need to go spend more time in the recruiting forum. NSD isn't until February, so A LOT can change between now and then. At this point last year, a lot of people thought we had no chance at getting Josh Malone. I'm upset we didn't snag Richmond, but it isn't over and he'll still take more visits.

You should probably look at the OOS recruits we have landed and the ones on the radar. Kahlil McKenzie - 5 star DT and one of the top 5 overall players in the country. Preston Williams - 5 star WR (I'd rather have him than Jefferson). Alvin Kamara - 4 star RB. Not to mention Shy Tuttle - 5 star DT who is about to come on board.

All hope is not lost.

OK I was trying to type quickly and did not spell a word right....<<< This guy
I still think Butch can recruit and have no worries about his recruiting ability.
I am not doom and gloom. If he gets all his players from Georgia, NC and Virginia, I do NOT care, Just thought it was interesting since last year we got anyone and everyone from the state of TN, but this year was SO MUCH different.

Can't copy and paste either.......<<<<<THIS GUY!!!!

No worries, I suspect a little bit of doubt has crept into a lot of minds on here even as they're giving you some hell (me included &#128522;). I think we're good with Butch and Thig on the trail, especially if we get to 7 wins this year. Winning tends to cure all ills and certainly can't do anything but help in recruiting.

We have missed on the last two high profile in state prospects. Richmond is a player in a position of need. A few weeks ago I thought Jefferson and Richmond would be in the fold. Ole Miss does have talented co-eds but I doubt they can get to the top of the west any time soon.

VN Store

Back