IRS admits to targeting Conservative groups

Troubling too is the fact that the IRS has known about this since 2011 I believe and one of the officials denied it was happening while giving testimony about this a while back.

If not for an inadvertent slip by somebody at a convention (answering a question) the IRS would have continued to keep this under their hat.

For that alone, some heads should roll

We actually had a top level IRS official apologize for this situation. I mean, do you understand what evidence there must be that prompted said apology? Yet, you're still trying to act like there's no real evidence. The apology from the IRS itself is evidence in and of itself.

I think you're seriously just trolling at this point or at least I hope that you are.

See, this is what I'm talking about. What she has ACTUALLY said is that these groups got closer scrutiny BECAUSE THERE WERE LEGITIMATE CONCERNS CAUSED BY THE NUMBER OF SUCH NEW APPLICATIONS. I agree that is wrong, but that is not the same thing as saying that they were sent the questionnaire or asked for documentation because the people processing the applications were politically biased against them.

You should acknowledge the enormous difference between those two scenarios. Neither you nor Issa, nor Fox or Palin, seems to want to do that.

For some reason.

Reactions: 1 person
Careful with that. This is the same problem that leads to easily indicting the Benghazi thing because, at some point, trying to go as high up the food chain as you can makes those doing the investigating look a little too focused on their own political targeting and inadequately focused on what ought to really matter..

Good thing you weren't in charge during Watergate. . .

Speaking of that:

What did the President know and when did he know it?

:lol: The same political bias that was apologized for and literally everyone has acknowledged except for you. Seriously, are you just being stupid and refusing to see it or do you just think you're right and everyone else is wrong?

See above. There has been no apology that it was political bias behind it.

If there was, people ought to get fired. If there wasn't, then there needs to be retraining and it was right to apologize, but let's stop with the pretending that it was something more than it was.

Careful with that. This is the same problem that leads to easily indicting the Benghazi thing because, at some point, trying to go as high up the food chain as you can makes those doing the investigating look a little too focused on their own political targeting and inadequately focused on what ought to really matter..

And what "ought to really matter"? Finding out who authorized or gave the order to do this or just firing the people that did it?

Brokaw on IRS Scandal: 'Welcome to the Second Term, Mr. President' | NewsBusters

Thoughts on this LG? Where are you when they really need you? I mean, sounds like Brokaw needs you to bring him up to speed right?

Ok. Don't really see anything wrong with what Brokaw said.

You know, I haven't seen a soul say that it would be okay to do this. I mean, again, its one thing to do it because you have a legitimate worry that the moniker "tea party" is being abused by someone to make some money off the movement. Its quite another to do it because you don't like the tea party.

If the former, its bad, but correctable in my opinion.

If the latter, then the people doing it ought to be fired and the people who knew about it probably so, as well.

But they are two different things and the attempt to blur the line between the two is troublesome in its own right.

Let's see what the investigations turn up. I wish they'd be non-partisan, but of course they won't. The TPers are a prime source of revenue and votes for the GOP and it is their nature to hate the IRS, anyway. And so they are going to see boogeymen all over the place, whether they are there or not.

LG just go ahead & admit that you are not going to win this argument & that this administration of Obama's is corrupt to the core. It starts with him & trickles on down through the ranks. Every other day we find more & more scit that's going on that comes from his office that has to be proven & called for Congressional investigations. For God's sake man, the guy is from Chicago & from the Chicago political machine which is corrupt by lies & cover-ups & that's how Obama only knows how to roll. He appoints these people to office that nobody knows about & he knows they will do corrupt things to add to the firestorm of dividing the country. He & your pal Hillary are in deep dodo on the Benghazi thing.

LG just go ahead & admit that you are not going to win this argument & that this administration of Obama's is corrupt to the core. It starts with him & trickles on down through the ranks. Every other day we find more & more scit that's going on that comes from his office that has to be proven & called for Congressional investigations. For God's sake man, the guy is from Chicago & from the Chicago political machine which is corrupt by lies & cover-ups & that's how Obama only knows how to roll. He appoints these people to office that nobody knows about & he knows they will do corrupt things to add to the firestorm of dividing the country. He & your pal Hillary are in deep dodo on the Benghazi thing.

Very well written.

sarcasm.jpg

Its growing

ViralRead » Marriage Group Accuses IRS of Leaking Information to ‘Political Enemies,’ Demands Explanation from Agency

The National Organization for Marriage (NOM) today renewed its demand that the Internal Revenue Service reveal the identity of the employee or employees responsible for stealing the organization’s confidential Form 990 tax return and leaking it to the Human Rights Campaign (HRC). At the time of the theft, the HRC had long-sought to know the identity of NOM’s major donors and its chief executive was a co-chair of President Obama’s reelection campaign. The Form 990 that was leaked to the HRC contained the identity of numerous major donors to the organization. . . .
In March 2012 the Human Rights Campaign and the Huffington Post published NOM’s Form 990 Schedule B from 2008 containing the identity of dozens of donors. The HRC claimed the tax return was provided by a ‘whistleblower.’ For months previous to the publication, the HRC had been demanding that NOM publicly release this confidential information even though federal law protects the identity of contributors to nonprofit groups. The publication of NOM’s tax return occurred just a few months after Joseph Solmonese, then president of the HRC, was appointed a national co-chair of the Obama reelection campaign. An analysis of the published documents shows that they could only have originated with the IRS.
“We’ve seen in recent days an admission that the IRS intentionally targeted conservative groups for harassment and scrutiny,” Brown said, “but what NOM has experienced suggests that problems at the IRS are potentially far more serious than even these latest revelations reveal.”

Koch Industries Lawyer to White House: How Did You Get Our Tax Information? | The Weekly Standard

Obama said:

Right now all around this country there are groups with harmless-sounding names like Americans for Prosperity, who are running millions of dollars of ads against Democratic candidates all across the country. And they don't have to say who exactly the Americans for Prosperity are. You don't know if it’s a foreign-controlled corporation. You don't know if it’s a big oil company, or a big bank. You don't know if it’s a insurance company that wants to see some of the provisions in health reform repealed because it’s good for their bottom line, even if it’s not good for the American people.

Yup. Not surprisingly, every anti-IRS group that ever got so much as a polite letter asking for a duplicate copy of something is going to want to join in the act to get their 15 minutes of fame.

Very well written.

sarcasm.jpg

No sarcasm here but I know you are wishing for it. The truth hurts, I know, but you have to face the truth of what's going on with this administration. I don't hate the guy. I don't hate Democrats....it's their policies they are putting forth that are smothering the nation & hurting the people that can't find good well paying jobs. And I don't even won't to talk about the disaster known as Obamacare when it hits & hits hard to the nation.

Obama at news conference just said that if the IRS intentionally targeted groups for political reasons its outrageous and he won't stand for it.

Obama at news conference just said that if the IRS intentionally targeted groups for political reasons its outrageous and he won't stand for it.
His behavior on this topic makes me think he had nothing to do with it.

But when it comes to the Benghazi cover up, his behavior at the same press conference makes me think he's in it up to his neck.

His behavior on this topic makes me think he had nothing to do with it.

But when it comes to the Benghazi cover up, his behavior at the same press conference makes me think he's in it up to his neck.

I'm sure he didn't, personally. But I'm also sure someone close to him did.

Depending on the amount of truth here, this totally plays right into the hands of these tea party groups. They can now say they were victims of the big, clumsy federal gov't.

he forgot to mention that he's damn glad it helped remove some scrutiny from Benghazi.

did he preface that comment by saying, "Now let me be clear..." if he did, you can bank on the fact that he doesn't see a problem and will make sure Eric Holder looks the other way.

Reactions: 2 people
Depending on the amount of truth here, this totally plays right into the hands of these tea party groups. They can now say they were victims of the big, clumsy federal gov't.

Yup.

And in fact that is part of the reason I think it unlikely that the motivation was political bias against them.

Oh well, it gives Sarah Palin something to get herself back on tv.

VN Store

Back